• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

Derp, silly me. Dunno what I was thinking lol. Now that you mention it though, it would be pretty cool if the Prison Bottle was distributed to activate an in-game event. I don't remember if that's happened at all since Gen 4.

There was the Liberty Pass in Gen 5, as well.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Legendaries seem easier to catch in OR/AS compared to past games imho; I've caught Terrakion, Cobalion, Mesprit and Azelf recently in AS with only a few Ultra Balls.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Changing which system you're playing on locks up time-based events, same as changing the time on your system.

I've changed the date on my 3DS when I started playing, am I now screwed out of the GSC roaming legendaries? :S

Or is it just locked for 24 hours?

So, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first instance of a Pokémon changing species upon changing form, no?

Hoopa Unbound Dex entry: http://i.imgur.com/0Igl3QS.jpg

Hoopa Confined Dex entry: http://i.imgur.com/Epki6Bs.jpg

(Volcanion Dex entry, for those who are interested: http://i.imgur.com/9bf9E1p.jpg)

Holy S. Unbound Hoopa is HUGE! :O

Last edited:

EXGShadow

Poison fan
Question about the Eon Ticket: I have both OR and AS, and I've streetpassed someone with the eon ticket thus getting it on my Alpha Sapphire version. Can I still get it on my OR game, if I streetpass another person with it, or is it limited one ticket per 3DS, since they both share the StreetPass system??

Akashin

Question about the Eon Ticket: I have both OR and AS, and I've streetpassed someone with the eon ticket thus getting it on my Alpha Sapphire version. Can I still get it on my OR game, if I streetpass another person with it, or is it limited one ticket per 3DS, since they both share the StreetPass system??

There's no such limit. However, you won't be able to StreetPass it to yourself unless your two games are on separate systems.

EXGShadow

Poison fan
There's no such limit. However, you won't be able to StreetPass it to yourself unless your two games are on separate systems.

That's what I needed to know. By now, all my friends have it so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

alakazam^

Can you get a second one if you restart your game?

Pokemon Power

You know, I just had a thought. You know that Kyogre and Groudon can Primal Revolve using energy from nature and their respective orbs right? And you also know that it is said that Zygarde is a protecter of the eco-system right? Two plus two.

Akashin

Primal Reversion for Zygarde in the possible future X2/Y2, or perhaps even sooner?

Even if we were to assume that Zygarde's role has anything to do with the Weather Trio as opposed to the far more reasonable assumption that it keeps Xerneas and Yveltal from screwing with everything, I still don't see how that would imply it getting a Primal Reversion.

Since, you know, Groudon and Kyogre already have a mediator that didn't get a Primal Reversion...

BurningWhiteKyurem

You know, I just had a thought. You know that Kyogre and Groudon can Primal Revolve using energy from nature and their respective orbs right? And you also know that it is said that Zygarde is a protecter of the eco-system right? Two plus two.

Protector of the ecosystem =! Harnessing energy from orbs to use for the purpose of Primal Reversion.

Pokemon Power

Think about it. Both trios of legends have one blue member that causes some form of nourishment (life and water), one red member that causes pain (death and lava) and a green member that watches the other two to make sure nothing goes wrong. Kyogre and Groudon can Primal Revolve while Rayquaza has an organ that makes it Mega Evolve simply by learning a move rather than holding a Mega Stone, making it a strong and special Mega Evolution. But there is still a Green Orb missing. If you consider the fact that Primal Reversion is like a super-powered Mega Evolution that requires Infinity Energy from nature rather than from the bond between people and Pokemon. Think about when AZ shot the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago. What if some of the energy from the weapon seeped into the surface creating the energy need for Primal Reversion? Gordon makes the land while Kyogre helps the sea. Of course, Rayquaza was not affected by the energy since it was in the sky and not on the ground or in the sea. Xerneas and Yveltal were unaffected by it too since they were in the weapon when it launched. That leaves one that was not in the weapon or in the sky, and therefore could have also been affected by the energy just like Kyogre and Groudon. Zygarde. Though in all fairness, it also means that Xerneas and Yveltal might have the special organ in their bodies too. Therefore....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Think about it. Both trios of legends have one blue member that causes some form of nourishment (life and water), one red member that causes pain (death and lava) and a green member that watches the other two to make sure nothing goes wrong. Kyogre and Groudon can Primal Revolve while Rayquaza has an organ that makes it Mega Evolve simply by learning a move rather than holding a Mega Stone, making it a strong and special Mega Evolution. But there is still a Green Orb missing. If you consider the fact that Primal Reversion is like a super-powered Mega Evolution that requires Infinity Energy from nature rather than from the bond between people and Pokemon. Think about when AZ shot the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago. What if some of the energy from the weapon seeped into the surface creating the energy need for Primal Reversion? Gordon makes the land while Kyogre helps the sea. Of course, Rayquaza was not affected by the energy since it was in the sky and not on the ground or in the sea. Xerneas and Yveltal were unaffected by it too since they were in the weapon when it launched. That leaves one that was not in the weapon or in the sky, and therefore could have also been affected by the energy just like Kyogre and Groudon. Zygarde. Though in all fairness, it also means that Xerneas and Yveltal might have the special organ in their bodies too. Therefore....

Well first off, Hoenn is far away from Kalos, so Groudon and Kyogre wouldn't have been anywhere near the blast. And second, as far as we know, only one of either Xerneas or Yveltal was being used to power the weapon; that would mean that both Zygarde and the opposite cover mascot were roaming free when the weapon was deployed, not just Zygarde. So there are a few problems there.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
And second, as far as we know, only one of either Xerneas or Yveltal was being used to power the weapon; that would mean that both Zygarde and the opposite cover mascot were roaming free when the weapon was deployed, not just Zygarde. So there are a few problems there.
This makes me think about the in-game explanations for the different game versions as different dimensions. If each cover legendary is used in the storyline based on its dimension, then which one is inhabited by Ash and co.? Which dimension is the standard one?

Furthermore, one thing I've noticed about version exclusivity, ever since maybe as far back as Soulsilver, is that certain versions align to the same dimension. Between Soulsilver, Black, Black 2, Y, and Omega Ruby, I've encountered very similar version exclusives, and in turn, by sticking to the same theoretical "dimension" all this time, I've noticed Game Freak giving me the opposite version exclusives to compensate through in-game, non-canonical events (for example, they gave me Reshiram in Omega Ruby to make up for missing out in Black 2, and Ho-Oh to compensate for missing out in Soulsilver). It's a wild thought, so it probably isn't the case, but it's just a thought I've had for a while.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
This makes me think about the in-game explanations for the different game versions as different dimensions. If each cover legendary is used in the storyline based on its dimension, then which one is inhabited by Ash and co.? Which dimension is the standard one?

The whole point of alternate universes (a.k.a. Multiverse Theory), is that there is no standard one. For example, Marvel Comics took multiverse theory and ran with it (quite early when it was still a fringe theory), dubbing the universe they use in their primary comics 616. In the Pokemon games, this means that each time we play through the same game (I.e. restarting it), you are essentially playing through the story in a different universe where things are slightly different. This has two effects, #1: Every play through is Canon. and #2: It easily explains necessary retcons due to advances in game tech and game evolution (Thus why there is suddenly Mega evolutions and new pokemon evolutions running around in Hoeen even before the Kyogre/Groudon incident).
Gamefreak and Nintendo have simply started treating their customers as what they are. Fairly intelligent people, unlike some companies that threat their primary customers (I.e. children/teens) as if said customers are stupid. Honestly it is a refreshing change.

Photonkrios95

What would be sooner than that?

DLC, obviously. Because it's never been stated GF are against it or anything, making it so, so likely to happen. /sarc

Akashin

DLC, obviously. Because it's never been stated GF are against it or anything, making it so, so likely to happen. /sarc

Not to mention that, even in the extremely likely--might as well call it a foregone conclusion, even--event that they use DLC, making anything to do with Zygarde DLC in ORAS makes absolutely no sense. Unless we're talking adding DLC to XY at this point, which makes just as little sense in an entirely different way.

As for the two posts above me, yes, it is highly off topic. Private messaging is indeed a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.