• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This game has a wide variety of legends which is a good thing.

Too crowded in my opinion, it would have made sense to same at least some for the next game(s). And some of the requirements for them are annoying, why does Regice even need a nickname? And you have to wait for a specific day for the unova fighting trio.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And some of the requirements for them are annoying, why does Regigigas even need a nickname?

It doesn't though? I wasn't required to nickname mine when I caught it in Alpha Sapphire.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Maybe this has already been discussed here, but I came up with a theory while catching some of the legends from the portals in ORAS. The portals are surrounded by a ring that looks an awful lot like the rings that Hoopa has. Hoopa also has moves called Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury, indicating that it has something to do with space, space travel, and time travel. The inside of the portals in ORAS also look like they are a portal to space. Furthermore, when you fight the legends in the portals in ORAS, the background music is the original music from the game that they came from (props to Nintendo for the nostalgia there!). This makes me think that the portals are put there by Hoopa, and they allow you to contact a Pokemon in a different time or universe and battle it.

I just wanted to throw that out there in case it hadn't been brought up before....

R_N

Maybe this has already been discussed here, but I came up with a theory while catching some of the legends from the portals in ORAS. The portals are surrounded by a ring that looks an awful lot like the rings that Hoopa has. Hoopa also has moves called Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury, indicating that it has something to do with space, space travel, and time travel. The inside of the portals in ORAS also look like they are a portal to space. Furthermore, when you fight the legends in the portals in ORAS, the background music is the original music from the game that they came from (props to Nintendo for the nostalgia there!). This makes me think that the portals are put there by Hoopa, and they allow you to contact a Pokemon in a different time or universe and battle it.

I just wanted to throw that out there in case it hadn't been brought up before....

Its been brought up literally since the reveal of ORAS having all the legends and is almost 100% certain supposed to be hoopa's doing

Flamer

Too crowded in my opinion, it would have made sense to same at least some for the next game(s). And some of the requirements for them are annoying, why does Regice even need a nickname? And you have to wait for a specific day for the unova fighting trio.

Personally, I quite like the abundance of legendaries. Considering most of them are found on Mirage Islands, I don't think over crowding is too much of an issue. Whilst I'm not really bothered about catching them at the moment, (only got the story ones so far), I'd much rather have the option to than not. At the very least saves having to transfer them over from old games when it comes to completing the dex.

KilluaGirl

Lil'chu
I'm satisfied with the amount of legendaries I can catch, but also slightly disappointed. It just doesn't feel as special anymore to have them like it used to.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I go to the cave of origin all the time to check if hes there and he Does not appear there. Is there a specific time I should go there?

Defeat the Elite 4 and he should respawn.

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
Has anybody else noticed the way Regirock used Stone Edge?

He kinda thrusts his crotch forward, it's kinda funky xD

I really like how they have added all these legendaries from prior games. I think it helps loads when it comes to collecting legendaries and so that you don't have to go back to a previous version to transfer over to your ORAS version. It also makes things easier to catch your favourite legendary too great selection!

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I'm satisfied with the amount of legendaries I can catch, but also slightly disappointed. It just doesn't feel as special anymore to have them like it used to.
It does make them slightly less special, but it's necessary for newcomers starting out with the 6th generation.

It's also very much appreciated for people like me who lost their older games and only have the 5th and 6th generation games to collect Poke's.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I don't see anything wrong about it.Not to mention,now that legendaries always have three perfect IVs when encountered in the wild,they'll make a better addition to a roster than in Generations I-V.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong about it.Not to mention,now that legendaries always have three perfect IVs when encountered in the wild,they'll make a better addition to a roster than in Generations I-V.

I was a little disappointed in the way they handled the legendaries. Having so many legendaries available and giving next to none of the post-game legendaries and story didn't make them feel so special to me. Which was kind of important since the legendaries were a major selling point. I know that it's not unusual that some legendaries don't have any back story within the games, especially if they weren't first introduced in that region. But having the legendariy beasts, lake trio, creation trio, Cresselia, swordmen, tao trio and kami trio catchable without any back story at all was a little too much in my opinion.
Had they expanded on why Hoopa transported them there it would have helped a bit, but right now there is no such thing and Hoopa's event will not reveal any information about that in-game either. There are just some random portals floating around and that's it.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I was a little disappointed in the way they handled the legendaries. Having so many legendaries available and giving next to none of the post-game legendaries and story didn't make them feel so special to me. Which was kind of important since the legendaries were a major selling point. I know that it's not unusual that some legendaries don't have any back story within the games, especially if they weren't first introduced in that region. But having the legendariy beasts, lake trio, creation trio, Cresselia, swordmen, tao trio and kami trio catchable without any back story at all was a little too much in my opinion.
Had they expanded on why Hoopa transported them there it would have helped a bit, but right now there is no such thing and Hoopa's event will not reveal any information about that in-game either. There are just some random portals floating around and that's it.

To be fair, a large number of them have very specific requirements you need to fulfill for them to appear, many of which are not mentioned in the game at all. Thus unless you specifically look up how to do it, you wouldn't know.

Hoopa did it, because Hoopa could do it. Hoopa seems to be a genie trickster after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.