• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
One thing they does annoy me though is I think that there's are too many legendaries in the post game. I wouldn't mind a couple but it is just a bit over the top having so many.

I think the abundance of legendaries in Or/As added to the fun in the post-game since it gave players something extra to do. It's not a bad thing from my perspective however and when I played these games I took my time collecting the legendaries. ^^

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
See, I just don't understand.

Why now? After all this time, why now? Everyone is about to get Sun and Moon. Why didn't they release it sooner?

I do hope Volcanion has some sort of connection to Sun and Moon, otherwise this release is probably a waste.

BCVM22

Because there's more publicity to be had in releasing it inside of the release window of the movie and this is when the movie is getting an international release. Simple as that

You'll still have the better part of a month and a half to enjoy Volcanion in your Generation VI title of choice, and really even longer than that because you won't be able to kick it ahead to Generation VII until January.

It cannot possibly be a "waste" because that implies some alternate scenario in which an earlier release somehow makes it more valuable in some way.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I do hope Volcanion has some sort of connection to Sun and Moon, otherwise this release is probably a waste.

I dunno how the Volcanion event could be considered a 'waste'. I mean the event allows international players of X/Y/Or/As to finally get their hands on the last Gen 6 pokemon, which is kind of a big deal from my perspective. It's slightly late seeing as Sun and Moon are coming out soon, but it's better than nothing. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So there's a new Hoopa event? Thank God because I needed a Hoopa in Omega Ruby anyway, and it doesn't hurt to have spares for Sun and Moon too. ;)

Golden_Arcanine

Anyone else have issues with all these Events being Level 100?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So there's a new Hoopa event? Thank God because I needed a Hoopa in Omega Ruby anyway, and it doesn't hurt to have spares for Sun and Moon too. ;)

I was missing a Hoopa on Alpha Sapphire, so I'm glad that I got a second chance at downloading one from last week's event. I know that Hoopa and other mythical legendaries aren't really necessary to finish the Dex, but I like having a complete collection any ways.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just out of curiosity, does anyone exactly know what the legends/lore behind Volcanion exactly are? Aside from its stats, its availability, and the fact that people call it a legendary pokémon, I don't really see what really qualifies it as one

Last edited:

BCVM22

It's a Legendary Pokémon because Game Freak says it is. Our assessment of its "qualifications" are irrelevant because we don't make the rules.

Further, if you take a Volcanion to the Lumiose Press office, the previous absent editor will have returned to her desk and will read you excerpts from Volcanion's lore.

Akashin

Just out of curiosity, does anyone exactly know what the legends/lore behind Volcanion exactly are? Aside from its stats, its availability, and the fact that people call it a legendary pokémon, I don't really see what really qualifies it as one

It's worshiped in southern Kalos for allegedly creating the plains there by blowing away mountains.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It's cool that Meloetta is being distributed right now, and Arceus's second chance event is awesome too. I just hope Volcanion gets a second event distribution in ORAS, because no one seems to have spares for trade from what I've seen on other sites. :c

jacensolo66

It's cool that Meloetta is being distributed right now, and Arceus's second chance event is awesome too. I just hope Volcanion gets a second event distribution in ORAS, because no one seems to have spares for trade from what I've seen on other sites. :c
I can hook u up with one for a Viciniti. I got 4 but not sure what natures they r. Have a Viciniti from B&W but totally spaced on the distro of him so would like a 2nd.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I just hope Volcanion gets a second event distribution in ORAS, because no one seems to have spares for trade from what I've seen on other sites. :c

Hmmm well I appreciate how Nintendo was giving away Arceus again via a shared code, but I kind of doubt that they'll distribute Volcanion a second time since its first event is still ongoing as far as code redemption goes if I recall correctly. Besides, they seem to be moving away from Or/As and Gen 6 events in general. :[

BCVM22

Well... yes. Generation VI is over, and its already decreasing utility will decrease further when Bank releases in a few weeks. Once that happens, the only purpose its games will serve is if people have ironclad battle strategies built around the Mega Evolutions not yet available in Generation VII.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
just a quick question. Can you get latios in alpha and latias in omega?

Yes, but you do need the Eon Ticket. If you did not receive the event, try street passing. If someone has the event, it will pass onto you and you will be notified. Then once you pick up your ticket at the poke mart, you can take the ferry to the spot and catch the respective Lati twin.

Pkmn_trn_Luke

I cant find a good place to post this but i have OR so im looking for someone willing to trade zekrom and thunderous i have shinys or othe legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.