• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDS777

The name's Riley
I was hoping for shiny Zygarde to be orange or red, but it actually doesn't look too bad. Not really fond of Hoopa's or Volcanion's shiny forme, though I can't really say much until we see actual in-game screenshots.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The light gray body and pattern on its back look nice nonetheless.

the pattern on Shiny Xerneas' back is more likely to be texture bug/glitch, as smealum mentioned.

Shiny Zygarde also has the glitch - note how the pattern on its "back plates" aren't aligned properly.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Kyurem is flat out strange. I wonder if it had to do with him being available in Black/White as shiny since he never had any specific relevance unlike in B/W 2.
The it would seem REALLY strange; I guess if he was suddenly shiny-locked in the second installment, it wouldn't make much sense, and be especially inconsistent. XD

It was probably an oversight really.They probably just ported him over not recalling he wasn't shiny locked in BW.

the pattern on Shiny Xerneas' back is more likely to be texture bug/glitch, as smealum mentioned.

That's...sad. The pattern actually enhances the shiny forme lol.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, I kinda figure it would be that way with the pattern on Xerneas. Shiny forms never add or remove patterns that are found on the normal version of the Pokemon. Only alter them. I'll admit that it would be pretty cool if they did add patterns on a shiny, but that would be a bit complicated, I imagine.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I just thought I hadn't noticed a pattern on regular Xerneas before. lol.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Huh are those real? I am a bit late, If they are, Shiny Zygarde and Xerneas look amazing. I like Shiny Hoopa as well but I am pretty sure they will all be shiny locked so not like it matters.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well that was sooner than I expected:

corocoro3141.jpg

DanteKoriyu

Japanese and English reveals have been basically been simultaneous so far in regards to the games. I'm wondering how this is going to work with the event Pokemon now, since the anime (and thus the Movies) are still behind Japan (though for an understandable reason).

So, will we just have staggered reveals, like in the past, until the US is gets the movie?
Will we get an English reveal in a couple of days, but just not have access to Diance until the movie is released?
Or will they hopefully release Diance simultaneously to the world, despite when the movie hits...regardless of how extremely unlikely that is?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I wonder if you battle Diancie; the theme song to Diamonds are Forever will be playing in the background. :p

R_N

Well that was sooner than I expected:

corocoro3141.jpg

Actually this is right on time. Observe!
February 2013: Slyveon is in the Eevee short
February 2012: Keldeo revealed,stars in the new movie
February 2011: Since Victini had already been revealed, they revealed that it was 2 movies
February 2010: Zoroark (& Zorua) revealed, stars in the next movie
February 2009: Arceus revealed, stars in the next movie
February 2008: Shaymin revealed, stars in the next movie

noticing a pattern here?

Nulava

Banned
Actually this is right on time. Observe!
February 2013: Slyveon is in the Eevee short
February 2012: Keldeo revealed,stars in the new movie
February 2011: Since Victini had already been revealed, they revealed that it was 2 movies
February 2010: Zoroark (& Zorua) revealed, stars in the next movie
February 2009: Arceus revealed, stars in the next movie
February 2008: Shaymin revealed, stars in the next movie

noticing a pattern here?

Exactly, all Legendary Event Pokemon stars in there own movie respectively.
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Exactly, all Legendary Event Pokemon stars in there own movie respectively.
This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

He was trying to refer to the fact that the legendary is revealed in February, as the movie title is finalized in February.
Also you are wrong because Meloetta had a longer and earlier TV appearance than its short appearance, and its marketing more or less geared towards the former than the latter(outside of its initial reveal).

Edit: Note: I was more rebutting the fact that Meloetta didn't have an individual movie, rather than the fact that Meloetta didn't have any cinematic appearances, just in case future readers might be confused.

This should also shoot the whole out-of-dex-order appearances Legendaries might have, as Diancie is now basically confirmed to be the new pixie, and will likely get annual events to match that fact, whereas Volcanion and Hoopa will appear according to their dex numbering(I can't really say whether they will appear in the same movie or not though).

Edit 2: Note: Of course, this doesn't change that we have "conflincting" reports about their Dex numbering, as Volcanion and Hoopa's orders are seeming reversed for their Central Kalos Dex order from their National Dex order. So maybe we are going to have another double dose again.

Japanese and English reveals have been basically been simultaneous so far in regards to the games. I'm wondering how this is going to work with the event Pokemon now, since the anime (and thus the Movies) are still behind Japan (though for an understandable reason).

So, will we just have staggered reveals, like in the past, until the US is gets the movie?
Will we get an English reveal in a couple of days, but just not have access to Diance until the movie is released?
Or will they hopefully release Diance simultaneously to the world, despite when the movie hits...regardless of how extremely unlikely that is?
If it doesn't happen this week, it won't happen until the event IIRC. Though previous Gen VI Pokémon has (more or less) simultaneous reveals, event Pokémon are traditionally unmentioned until their global events outside of Japan. It is mentioned in Japan early because unlike globally their merchandising starts appearing on websites and lists around the release, though obviously the majority of the merchandise is still kept until the actual movie release.

Last edited:

Nulava

Banned
He was trying to refer to the fact that the legendary is revealed in February, as the movie title is finalized in February.
Also you are wrong because Meloetta had a longer and earlier TV appearance than its short appearance, and its marketing more or less geared towards the former than the latter(outside of its initial reveal).

Meloetta was the one exception since the 5th generation only allowed for 3 movies, not 4, so it had to double up via a short with the Keldeo movie. ~R_N

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Very much liking the shinies, Xerneas is probably my favorite. Diancie looks very cool as well, nice to see we're getting some new legendaries.

SoulSilver Eric

Looking forward to the upcoming movies and seeing Yvetal who has easily became one of my most favorite Legendary Pokemon

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
All look good, but Zygarde is especially impressive! I really want the worm now.

Hopefully M-Latios does possess the larger cheek tusks - anything to set the two apart dimorphically. I enjoy the iris difference.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Oh man, I am SO happy Diancie is confirmed and real/planned. I LOVED it, so damn pretty... GAH! I sure hope they will release it in America and Europe this time (Unlike a certain Genesect event T_T)

Status
Not open for further replies.