• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLadyLeafeon

Struggling Cutie
I know! c: I'm sorry that my comment has ticked off so many people though, haha. I'm just saying that I know the facts are all there- but in my opinion, and through my feelings, it seems as if 48 is too many. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same sort of 'anxiety' about it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I know! c: I'm sorry that my comment has ticked off so many people though, haha. I'm just saying that I know the facts are all there- but in my opinion, and through my feelings, it seems as if 48 is too many. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same sort of 'anxiety' about it.

We (or at least I, I can't really speak for Hexin' Wishes) are not ticked off. We're simply responding to points you have raised. I don't really see any difference between how it used to be and how it is now other than the amount of Legendary Pokémon that are produced in a generation and their amount of involvement in the story. But it doesn't bother me. There are thousands, if not millions, of legends about mythical creatures in our world, so it makes sense to me that the Pokémon world would be comparable, especially in regions like Sinnoh (which is rich in mythology) and Unova (which is based on the U.S., which is known for being a cultural melting pot).

LittleLadyLeafeon

Struggling Cutie
But it doesn't bother me. There are thousands, if not millions, of legends about mythical creatures in our world, so it makes sense to me that the Pokémon world would be comparable, especially in regions like Sinnoh (which is rich in mythology) and Unova (which is based on the U.S., which is known for being a cultural melting pot).
Quite an interesting thing to think of! You know, sometimes for me its easily forgettable to connect things to the real world. Yet when you factor that in, it makes a lot more sense.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool

We have a whopping total of 719 pokemon and you think 48 legends is too much over the span of 6 generations.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
We have a whopping total of 719 pokemon and you think 48 legends is too much over the span of 6 generations.

Well, actually there are 721 Pokémon and 55 Legendary Pokémon but considering that that is still a rather small amount I see no qualms in the number of Legendary Pokémon.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Well, actually there are 721 Pokémon and 55 Legendary Pokémon but considering that that is still a rather small amount I see no qualms in the number of Legendary Pokémon.

By my count, even with the 3 new non-released ones, I get to 54, who am I missing?

Gen I: 5
Gen II: 6
Gen III: 10
Gen IV: 14
Gen V: 13
Gen VI: 6

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
By my count, even with the 3 new non-released ones, I get to 54, who am I missing?

Gen I: 5
Gen II: 6
Gen III: 10
Gen IV: 14
Gen V: 13
Gen VI: 6

Looking over at the list I made, I skipped the number 27 <.<;
So yeah, there are 54 Legendaries, my bad ^_^;

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Looking over at the list I made, I skipped the number 27 <.<;
So yeah, there are 54 Legendaries, my bad ^_^;

All good, was just wondering if there was something else "legendary" that I didn't consider legendary while it actually was. ^^

But yeah, on topic, even with 721 pokemon there being 54 legends its not that bad, and this gen didn't exactly bring as many normal pokemon as previous gens did.

rocky505

The only thing I don't like about the Diancie event is that it comes with a Normal Gem and not a Rock or Fairy Gem. I'm okay with it not having a special move it can't normally learn, but we already have access to Normal Gem.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
The Diancie event might not be available to NA and EU players for a while. I already have been planning to use Diancie, but overall I cannot see much people using it because it is just another carbink really. That HP is going to bring it down against key threats.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I don't have an issue with the event itself, I'm just disappointed I won't be able to use it in the Battle Maison, like any other main or event legendary. Why are we getting these legendaries when we can't even use them in places where it matters.=/

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The only thing I don't like about the Diancie event is that it comes with a Normal Gem and not a Rock or Fairy Gem. I'm okay with it not having a special move it can't normally learn, but we already have access to Normal Gem.

Is there any concrete evidence that the other Gems exist in XY?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
pretty sure the pgl has listings for them, including a new Fairy gem

It has listings for lots of items, both known and unknown, that haven't been found in the games, such as those used only in past generations.

Given the intentional removal of Gems from the Battle Maison movesets, if the other Gems still exist, Game Freak doesn't seem to want us to have access to them.

rocky505

If the gems were removed they would've removed the normal one too. They even changed the gems effects in XY to a 30% boost instead of 50%.

Gampi

ガンピ
It doesn't look like anyone else has bought this up yet, but Bulbapedia just updated their list of moves article and it lists two Ground type moves called Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, both of them have 10PP, 90 power and 100% accuracy. Zygarde signature moves?

Also there are no moves past index number 617.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
It doesn't look like anyone else has bought this up yet, but Bulbapedia just updated their list of moves article and it lists two Ground type moves called Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, both of them have 10PP, 90 power and 100% accuracy. Zygarde signature moves?

Also there are no moves past index number 617.

Keep in mind that Bulbapedia is like Wiki... anyone can edit on there.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Status
Not open for further replies.