• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeshii

About the MEs of Latios and Latias. Do you guys think we'll get an event where it would be possible to obtain these legendaries? Just the Pokemon themselves...

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I doubt they'd release the mega stones without the associated pokemon....

I just hope they don't pull a "Japan" thing, like they're doing for the current Mega stones. Bad enough I barely get to see any events where I live, let alone things like that... I'd really want some of those handed out. Without having to freaking trade for them because they don't offer them where I live.

Takeshii

I doubt they'd release the mega stones without the associated pokemon....
Hopefully, you're right. I would love a chance at one of these. Right now it's pretty impossible to get one when I only have Y.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I just hope they don't pull a "Japan" thing, like they're doing for the current Mega stones.

They won't. Since we 're talking about Mega Stones that are unavailable to all players in either game, they will release them along with the Pokemon associated to them to everyone, not just Japan. Kinda like Blazikenite Torchic at the launch.

MADEinGR

Zygarde Again !!!

Hi guys!

I imagine Zygarde's X[SUP]2[/SUP] secret form being a Centaur (Thousand Arrows) & it's Y[SUP]2[/SUP] secret form being a Lenean Hydra (Thousand Waves)!!!

What do you think?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Hi guys!

I imagine Zygarde's X[SUP]2[/SUP] secret form being a Centaur (Thousand Arrows) & it's Y[SUP]2[/SUP] secret form being a Lenean Hydra (Thousand Waves)!!!

What do you think?

Zygarde as a Centaur sounds an awful idea. The Lenean Hydra sounds good, though. Plus, we 're not sure whether Zygarde will get Mega Evolutions or regular formes.

Mokepon22

Zygarde as a Centaur sounds an awful idea. The Lenean Hydra sounds good, though. Plus, we 're not sure whether Zygarde will get Mega Evolutions or regular formes.

Unless GF changes up things for the next game it won't be a Mega-evo since since Pokemon don't learn new moves upon Mega-evolving

Mokepon22

Pokemon do change level-up learnsets between games, though.

Not signature moves, signature moves only change during forme change and seeing as how Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves are exact copies of Lands Wrath in type, category, BP and accuracy they will replace Lands Wrath upon forme change

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Only if the signature move in question is explicitly tied to a specific form of the Pokemon, which we have no way of knowing if that's the case currently.

Mokepon22

Only if the signature move in question is explicitly tied to a specific form of the Pokemon, which we have no way of knowing if that's the case currently.

Isn't Land's Wrath already explicitly tied to normal Zygarde? And since Thousand Arrows/Waves are exact copies of Land's Wrath, without secondary effect, then its tied to Zygarde as well but its not currently accessible to Zygarde

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Isn't Land's Wrath already explicitly tied to normal Zygarde?

We don't know if Zygarde's other potential forms or Mega Evolution will be able to learn Land's Wrath.

You're trying to draw conclusions based on absolutely nothing, and it's taking you nowhere.

Mokepon22

We don't know if Zygarde's other potential forms or Mega Evolution will be able to learn Land's Wrath.

Why would the new formes/Mega learn Land's Wrath when there are 2 new Land's Wrath to be learned instead? Black/White Kyrem didn't learn Glaciate

You're trying to draw conclusions based on absolutely nothing, and it's taking you nowhere.

I'm drawing conclusions based on what is already set.

We know how forme changes work and we've seen it can add to the BST and add/change a move in its learnset so Zygarde can easily get a buff in BST as well as one the new moves.

Currently Mega-evos don't change any of their moves upon Mega-evolution so the only way to get the new moves on Zygarde is by Move Tutor in the next game or they add it to its learnset.
If they do decide to change the mechanics of Mega-evo so that a move can change why wouldn't it be to 2 more powerful moves? It shouldn't be the same BP, it should have been at least 120 BP since Mega-evos are suppose to be extremely powerful.

A Pokemon can change moves between games but never between 3 moves which are identical in almost every way, Zygarde won't be getting all 3 moves at the same time. The last time we saw 2 new moves that were related to a Pokemon we got 2 new formes, the new formes were "version exclusive" which meant the moves were also, so how would they decide how Zygarde gets the new moves in the new games if they do add it to its learnset? Has a Pokemon ever learned different level up moves between versions?

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Why would the new formes/Mega learn Land's Wrath when there are 2 new Land's Wrath to be learned instead? Black/White Kyrem didn't learn Glaciate

They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?

I'm drawing conclusions based on what is already set.

Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.

A Pokemon can change moves between games but never between 3 moves which are identical in almost every way

When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?

Has a Pokemon ever learned different level up moves between versions?

GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?

Mokepon22

They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?
Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.

Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.
So can't this new deviation set a standard for a future game to follow?

When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?
Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.

GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?
You do know this is a totally different case? Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten. I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.

Rio!

Composer
Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.

This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.

I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.

That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?

Mokepon22

This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.
No it's not but the new moves are the same BP as the previous. If they were a higher BP, 100/120/140, then we could say it can be a level 100 move just like Zekrom and Reshiram got a new signature move with a higher BP at level 100. But they could also do that since it learns LW at level 26, it can learn one of the new moves at level 50 or so but I don't see why they would make it have access to both moves at the same time when the new moves are an improved version of the previous.

That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?
Which is my point. There's no way GF would make it that a Pokemon would only get a move on one version of the game and not the other.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.

I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.

How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?

Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten.

How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.

Mokepon22

I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.
We'll see when the new game comes.

How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?
We'll see when the new game comes.

How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.
I doubt that it was intentional because in HG & SS you can find both with their signature moves, so it seems as if it was an oversight back in Gen II.

Status
Not open for further replies.