• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveinfernape

I have a question; do legendary pokemon have a higher chance of having good IVs? The Mewtwo I just caught (yup, I'm behind, I know) has some pretty insane IVs - 31 in HP, SpA and Spd! I was wondering whether this is due to the fact that it is legendary or if I just got extremely lucky.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I have a question; do legendary pokemon have a higher chance of having good IVs? The Mewtwo I just caught (yup, I'm behind, I know) has some pretty insane IVs - 31 in HP, SpA and Spd! I was wondering whether this is due to the fact that it is legendary or if I just got extremely lucky.

All legendary Pokemon starting with XY will always have 3 perfect IV's.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I found the requirements to making the bird trio (which one appears depends on your starter) appear in Sea Sprit's Den at Azure Bay quite unusual and a bit frustrating. At the first time I encountered Moltres (I picked Froakie) I thought it was going to stay there and run on the end of the first turn but it ran before I threw out my Pokémon, which disappointed me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So Hoopa is soon to be released. Volcanion is the last one but it will be a while before they officially announce it. Fire/Water is a nice combination and it is the only 6 gen mythical pokemon without a mega evolution or alternate form. I am looking forward to seeing what Game Freak would do with Volcanion.

Rio!

Composer
Speaking of the bird trio bein a bit of a pain to track down, I still find it really annoying that Articuno and Moltres learns Hurricane at level 92 while Zpdos gets left in the dust. I mean...Zap Cannon??

PearlDex

I've always liked Zapdos but it tends to get overlooked by GF for a lot of things. The birds, in general, don't get much attention except as (I feel) an add-on for post-game in non-Kanto games. Or maybe I feel that way because I have so many....... but I rarely see anybody using the legendary birds online, anyway. There are other pokemon which can do their job better- which is strange for the first legends of the series. (Or maybe not, since they weren't plot relevant and were just hanging out like Cresselia, Heatran, and those other non-plot random ones.)

Unrelated: I feel like Zygarde has too many pieces. But eventually I'll warm up to it all. I always do.

Who knows I think XY & Z will have the battle frontier, since X & Y had it but it was incomplete and the mysterious statue could be the item to get the mega green Z dude ok thanks.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Who knows I think XY & Z will have the battle frontier, since X & Y had it but it was incomplete and the mysterious statue could be the item to get the mega green Z dude ok thanks.

Doubt it. If ORAS didn't have a battle frontier then Z wouldn't either. I have notice that the legendary birds appear as a shadow in the cave while Mewtwo and others appear standing before a battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Unrelated: I feel like Zygarde has too many pieces. But eventually I'll warm up to it all. I always do.

I'm fine with the pieces. At least Zygarde has more relevance now than it did in X/Y, where it was almost an afterthought.

Last edited:

Zealot

I kinda saw Zygarde's new forms coming especially after Zygarde Core was first leaked. It (Zygarde) reminded me of Upgrade from Ben10.

XXD17

Draco rex
So Hoopa is soon to be released. Volcanion is the last one but it will be a while before they officially announce it. Fire/Water is a nice combination and it is the only 6 gen mythical pokemon without a mega evolution or alternate form. I am looking forward to seeing what Game Freak would do with Volcanion.

It's been theory of mine that volcnanion may get a speedier forme. Just from looking at it, volcanion looks like like a fox or some sort of cat. However, it's clad in bulky armor rather than being swift like usual fox and cat pokemon. Since it's the steam pokemon, I always thought that maybe the armor is actually containing the true forme (like some sort of kettle), which is some crazy fast steam beast.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Here's a thought: what if Diancie is more than just a fun extra. What if it has a connection to the storyline?

Diancie is one of two Pokemon confirmed to be a stronger iteration of a normal Pokemon, the other being Genesect. Specifically, of Carbink, which Dianice is referred to a "mutation" of. Now, notice something about the stats between Carbink and Diancie? Diancie has a 100 increase in BST compared to the original, Carbink. But their base HP aren't any different. Hmmm...what increases a Pokemon's power by 100 BST, while keeping their HP constant? That's right, Mega Evolution!

Diancie is almost a Mega Evolution of sorts to Carbink. However it differs in not being a Carbink who's power was enhanced by some item, but by being mutated. And I believe it deals with the origin of Mega Evolution, AZ's Ultimate Weapon. AZ's weapon had the power to resurrect Floette, very nearly as strong as its evolution, while making it unable to breed and learn moves it couldn't naturally learn. Who knows what else this weapon could alter

I believe that there were Carbink close to, or maybe even being used as part of the Ultimate Weapon. The ones that survived were mutated into Diancie, with the same energy that created the Mega Stones, only it became a permanent part of their bodies by fundamentally altering their DNA. As such, there is a finite amount of Diancie, explaining their extreme rarity. Like Floette, the weapon rendered them sterile. And, as Carbink live for millions of years, they would easily still be alive after a mere 3000

This does mean that there could be a smaller, new group of Diancie created by the Ultimate Weapon. And it may not be the only Pokemon mutated by the weapon. Remember how Deoxys was a virus that became a Pokemon via a laser? What if AZ's weapon grazed a meteor?

Loxi

Loxi
Can anyone trade me a Mewtwo for a weak pokemon please? Is there a trading thread for alpha sapphire and omega Ruby players on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.