• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
But even the people of Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova do not "covet" or "revere" their regions' legends that much. They discuss them, yes, but that is because they are a part of their regions' histories. There are few that even actively practice worship for Legendary Pokémon.

It's not about worshiping, it's about keeping the myths alive. The legendaries to the people of Johto and Hoenn were part of the region's identity, they actively kept the myths alive through stories and whatnot to the player meanwhile Kalos people don't even mention it. Unova didn't as much as Johto or Hoenn but the legendaries were still mentioned often enough to give a sense that the people knew of them.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I sense a personal angle coming from your end, if you'd like to continue this conversation I am more than happy to over PM (and anyone else who wants to join in) because this is no longer about the Pokémon legendaries. The last bit I will mention regarding this in this thread is that, for the West at least, "modern" puts a whole lot less emphasis on the religious and more on the scientific.

ON-TOPIC: I hope the legendaries will be an event like a pass or something and not a distribution.

Please don't twist this into having some type of personal slant. If you want to discuss this via PM later, I'll just end this off here.

As for your second point, there are still religious societies that have that type of belief system in the west. Science may have more focus, but it hardly means that having a different type of belief system like that is nonexistent in the modern context.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Please don't twist this into having some type of personal slant. If you want to discuss this via PM later, I'll just end this off here.

As for your second point, there are still religious societies that have that type of belief system in the west. Science may have more focus, but it hardly means that having a different type of belief system like that is nonexistent in the modern context.

I didn't twist this into anything, you are the one thinking that by calling not being religious "modern" that means those who are religious are not. The world is not black and white. The fact is, I was speaking of "modern" in terms of the Western majority. To assume I was "unaware" of other cultures makes you look ridiculous for not once did I state nor did I imply it was "nonexistent". I commented on the decline in importance which, there are plenty of articles and sources to back this up.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I didn't twist this into anything, you are the one thinking that by calling not being religious "modern" that means those who are religious are not. The world is not black and white. The fact is, I was speaking of "modern" in terms of the Western majority. To assume I was "unaware" of other cultures makes you look ridiculous for not once did I state nor did I imply it was "nonexistent". I commented on the decline in importance which, there are plenty of articles and sources to back this up.

I'm well aware that this issue isn't black and white, which is why I disagree with your points. People, even in the western world, have a varying acknowledgement of their religion whether minor (ex. Going to church) or major (ex. Ramadan), and this is ignoring its constant influence on political issues such as abortion, homosexuality and the extent of religious expression (ex. In Oklahoma, a Christian monument is built in a government building). Religion is still an influence on society and daily lives and despite that difference, everyone still live in a modern lifestyle just the same. This is also of course ignoring other countries who are much more rigid in their religious following.

In fact, the more that I think about it, the regions that have acknowledgements of their mythologies probably have more in common with us as they show interest in it like we do through archealogy and other means, show respect to said myths but don't entirely revere it to the extent of say, Greek mythology and make sacrifices.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm beginning to think you just want to have the final word publicly with this discussion since it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic and I have already stated that if you'd like to continue it then send me a PM. Two little things I found funny in your response though: you ignoring indifference to religion on your scale (it is a reality, not everyone is religious) and your continuing train of thought that my definition of "modern" means a complete lack of religion. And with that, this conversation is over in this thread.

On-topic: Since Mega Lati@s look similar, then does that mean Soul Dew will basically be the mega stone?

KillerDraco

On-topic: Since Mega Lati@s look similar, then does that mean Soul Dew will basically be the mega stone?

I hope not. Soul Dew is ridiculously broken already, being undeniably the most powerful hold item in the game, but allowing Mega Evolution too? That's a scary thought.

...Though Soul Dew would inevitably be banned from competitive battles again like it has been every generation since its release, so eh.

R_N

I hope not. Soul Dew is ridiculously broken already, being undeniably the most powerful hold item in the game, but allowing Mega Evolution too? That's a scary thought.

...Though Soul Dew would inevitably be banned from competitive battles again like it has been every generation since its release, so eh.

I am pretty sure he's saying what if Soul Dew was a Mega Stone
That is, that's all it is now.

Not that it mega evolves AND gives a further boost.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So... regarding the event legendaries' movesets:
Both the pictures and the PokéBeach rumors show that at Level 100 they have;

Diancie:
Moonblast
Diamond Storm
Light Screen
Safeguard

Hoopa:
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Hyperspace Hole

Volcanion:
Flare Blitz
Overheat
Explosion
Steam Eruption

In this, Diancie's Level 100 moves seem to match Carbink's Level 100 moves, with Diamond Storm replacing Stone Edge. Though it is most likely that Diancie has more other moves, their moveset seem to mostly match. This would also mean that they share the same TMs as well, at least mostly.

The potential additions to Diancie's TMs are:

1.Hyper Beam
2.Giga Impact
3.Brick Break
4.Power-Up Punch
5.Focus Blast
6.Shadow Ball
7.Psyshock
8.Fling
9.Flash Cannon
10.Rock Smash

As for Volcanion, he already has a few TMs on his hand, so I'll just separate the potential TMs in groups, based off Heatran, Magcargo and other volcanic Fire-types:

Rumored:
Overheat, Explosion

Universal TMs:
Toxic, Protect, Swagger, Sleep Talk, Rest, Confide, Substitute, Frustration, Return, Facade, Round, Double Team

Semi-Universal TMs and other common stuff:
Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Retailite, Echoed Voice, Flash, Roar, Strength, Rock Smash

Other Fire-type TMs:
Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Charge

Water-type TMs:
Scald, Rain Dance, Waterfall, Surf(Note: The only ones I expect to see out of this group are Scald and Rain Dance, the others will likely be discarded because its part Fire-type.)

Cannon/beam moves:
Solar Beam, Flash Cannon, Charge Beam

Other Electric-type moves(because steam engine):
Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge

Other potential TMs(common volcanic Pokémon fodder):
Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, Earthquake, Smack Down, Nature Power

Other potential Level-Up moves:
Hydro Pump, Smokescreen, Lava Plume, Fire Fang, Crunch

As for Hoopa:

Rumored TMs:
Trick Room, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Universal TMs:
Toxic, Protect, Swagger, Sleep Talk, Rest, Confide, Substitute, Frustration, Return, Facade, Round, Double Team

Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Retailite, Echoed Voice, Flash, Cut, Rock Smash, Brick Break, Power-Up Punch, Fling, Thief, either Rain Dance and/or Sunny Day

Other Psychic TMs:
Calm Mind, Psyshock, Light Screen, Reflect(Note: I don't expect both screens, just one of them as it has been the trend for a while), Dream Eater

Ghost TMs:
Shadow Claw

Other common Psychic-type TMs:
Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

Potential Dark-type TMs(because it looks and acts mischievous):
Payback, Dark Pulse, Embargo, Taunt, Torment, Quash

Potential level-up moves:
Feint Attack, Phantom Force, Stockpile, Nasty Plot, Imprison, Meditate, Disable, Hex, Shadow Sneak, Stored Power, Extrasensory

Now that I actually theorymonned about them... none of them look all potentially impressive competitively or in-game. I suppose these will either be saved by their abilities/alt formes, or like in Victini's case their crazy super special movie only event moves will give them some importance. Or this generations' Move Tutors will give all three of them Slack Off or something.

JohnnyC

Just got a Lv.100 Shiny Cresselia through GTS. Most definitely not a legit one >_>

So... regarding the event legendaries' movesets:
Both the pictures and the PokéBeach rumors show that at Level 100 they have;

Diancie:
Moonblast
Diamond Storm
Light Screen
Safeguard

Hoopa:
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Hyperspace Hole

Volcanion:
Flare Blitz
Overheat
Explosion
Steam Eruption

In this, Diancie's Level 100 moves seem to match Carbink's Level 100 moves, with Diamond Storm replacing Stone Edge. Though it is most likely that Diancie has more other moves, their moveset seem to mostly match. This would also mean that they share the same TMs as well, at least mostly.

The potential additions to Diancie's TMs are:

1.Hyper Beam
2.Giga Impact
3.Brick Break
4.Power-Up Punch
5.Focus Blast
6.Shadow Ball
7.Psyshock
8.Fling
9.Flash Cannon
10.Rock Smash

As for Volcanion, he already has a few TMs on his hand, so I'll just separate the potential TMs in groups, based off Heatran, Magcargo and other volcanic Fire-types:

Rumored:
Overheat, Explosion

Universal TMs:

Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Retailite, Echoed Voice, Flash, Roar, Strength, Rock Smash

Other Fire-type TMs:
Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Incinerate, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Charge

Water-type TMs:
Scald, Rain Dance, Waterfall, Surf(Note: The only ones I expect to see out of this group are Scald and Rain Dance, the others will likely be discarded because its part Fire-type.)

Cannon/beam moves:
Solar Beam, Flash Cannon, Charge Beam

Other Electric-type moves(because steam engine):
Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge

Other potential TMs(common volcanic Pokémon fodder):
Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, Earthquake, Smack Down, Nature Power

Other potential Level-Up moves:
Hydro Pump, Smokescreen, Lava Plume, Fire Fang, Crunch

As for Hoopa:

Rumored TMs:
Trick Room, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Universal TMs:

Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Psych Up, Retailite, Echoed Voice, Flash, Cut, Rock Smash, Brick Break, Power-Up Punch, Fling, Thief, either Rain Dance and/or Sunny Day

Other Psychic TMs:
Calm Mind, Psyshock, Light Screen, Reflect(Note: I don't expect both screens, just one of them as it has been the trend for a while), Dream Eater

Ghost TMs:
Shadow Claw

Other common Psychic-type TMs:
Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

Potential Dark-type TMs(because it looks and acts mischievous):
Payback, Dark Pulse, Embargo, Taunt, Torment, Quash

Potential level-up moves:
Feint Attack, Phantom Force, Stockpile, Nasty Plot, Imprison, Meditate, Disable, Hex, Shadow Sneak, Stored Power, Extrasensory

Now that I actually theorymonned about them... none of them look all potentially impressive competitively or in-game. I suppose these will either be saved by their abilities/alt formes, or like in Victini's case their crazy super special movie only event moves will give them some importance. Or this generations' Move Tutors will give all three of them Slack Off or something.
Well if you believe those you might as well believe what their Abilities are. And if you did consider that rumor, you wouldn't say they are not much.

They all look like they're not getting into the Rated allowed legendaries bracket, which is a blessing.

img_legend_03.png

Actual Sugimori art of Zygarde from the Japanese site.

Thanks for your contribution. Wow, the eyes look bigger than in the game and I don't like that fact. Idk. I just think this doesn't express how Zygarde really is. It's a big, BIG pokemon.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for your contribution. Wow, the eyes look bigger than in the game and I don't like that fact. Idk. I just think this doesn't express how Zygarde really is. It's a big, BIG pokemon.

I don't know, I think the eyes look pretty much the same according to Serebii's in-game pic:
718.png

R_N

Well if you believe those you might as well believe what their Abilities are. And if you did consider that rumor, you wouldn't say they are not much.

They all look like they're not getting into the Rated allowed legendaries bracket, which is a blessing.

There is no reason why believing actual photos that match up with other information and are otherwise not outlandish means you should believe the ability rumor that has absolutely no basis in anything

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
img_legend_03.png

Actual Sugimori art of Zygarde from the Japanese site.

I'm really liking the outworldly feel its design is giving. Some of the design choices such as the hexagonal shapes on its body and the 'eyes' on its multiple appendages stemming from its hood almost feeling like they're staring at you really serves the design well, I can't wait to see how it develops later on.

Last edited:

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Many people say Zygarde has an ugly design or a poor design. To be honest I LOVE Zygarde's design, it is based off of a basilisk that is actually fairly terrifying, but I liked how Zygarde's design is more beautiful with the colours, peacock feather like protrusions and just how elegant it looks in a way. The scales on it look really cool. But this is just my personal opinion.

But for people who do find it ugly, well, any Pokemon can be ugly, it's all based on opinion. Plus if there were no ugly Pokemon, what Pokemon could we hate on xD?

There is no reason why believing actual photos that match up with other information and are otherwise not outlandish means you should believe the ability rumor that has absolutely no basis in anything

The photos can be bogus too, technically. You can't deny that possibility. Besides, those pokemon were not released, so their specifics can be changed as well.

I think the Abilities rumor came in the same batch as the screenshots, as far as I seen btw. Though I might be wrong.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
I'm really liking the outworldly feel its design is giving. Some of the design choices such as the hexagonal shapes on its body and the 'eyes' on its multiple appendages stemming from its hood almost feeling like they're staring at you really serves the design well, I can't wait to see how it develops later on.

Agreed. When it first came out, I was pretty 'meh' but after a couple sessions of Amie, I'll say that changed. /coughcough.
It makes me wonder *if* there's going to be a 3rd game, how Zygarde could possibly be developed; I find it kind of funny it has no jaw whatsoever.

I suppose the same could be said for Xerneas, though that would be more justified since it's the 'Life' Pokemon after all.

R_N

The photos can be bogus too, technically. You can't deny that possibility.
Pretty sure the photos came from the hacker so probably not?
Besides, those pokemon were not released, so their specifics can be changed as well.
Not really; if they're on the cart they are probably not going to be changed
I think the Abilities rumor came in the same batch as the screenshots, as far as I seen btw. Though I might be wrong.
They weren't. I believe they originated from some random forum that was just speculating on what their abilities could be. Why these caught on is mystifying, and I imagine people started attaching the two for more credibility

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I suppose the same could be said for Xerneas, though that would be more justified since it's the 'Life' Pokemon after all.

I don't understand this statement. Food keeps things alive. Surely a mouth would make sense for Xerneas.

Why doesn't Xerneas or Zygarde have a mouth yet Yveltal does... Yveltal totally shouldn't have a mouth either to keep this mouthless thing a "trio" trait!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, why is Xerneas the only one with the first letter of it's name in it's eye as it's pupil? Surely it would have made sense to give Yveltal a "Y" and Zygarde a "Z" as well? Strange...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.