• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Has anybody actually seen Articuno yet? Moltres and Zapdos look great in game. I know no one knows how to catch them yet, but everyone just stopped talking about them before Articuno was discovered. If anyone knows where I could find a seen entry or a "wild articuno fled" shot, I'd love them forever.

As far as I know nobody who encountered Articuno took a pic.

Raasikh22

I LOVE SHINIES!!!
I'm glad this gen did not include tons of legendary Pokémon! It was one my main hopes and it's refreshing to see them going back to the old "few legendaries" formula.

Lavados is Moltres' German name. Megas keep their name and have a prepended "Mega."

Oh, thanks cause the way I saw it it looked like it had bigger flames, I guess it was fake,

Rio!

Composer
I gotta disagree. No more old event legendaries. I agree 100% with event Megas, frankly kinda seems like the only way we are ever all gonna get to see a new pokemon at the same time. But constantly recycling legendaries every generation as events takes away from it. You want a Mew? Shoulda had to win Nintendo Power back in the day or snag if from a relevant event to a movie or frlg. Thats how you do a legendary. Not let people get three of each per generation. I know it sounds kinda harsh, but if that was the case and someone pulled a Celebi on you years past any of their availability don't you think it'd be a tad more awe inspiring and legendary?

I dunno, having a couple event legends like Shaymin would be REALLY nice. Or at least those that haven't been released since before White/Black.

John's Knight

I think I remember reading on /vp/ that Xerneas and Yvetal had two forms - one in-battle and another outside. Has this been confirmed? Because I've been racking my brain on this video on why Xerneas looks like that (0:20) in the beginning - it has Xerneas' antlers alright, but a huge X on its 'face'? o_O and then, it gets smaller and is outside of Lyzandre's cage? I'm confused.

Lv100Mewtwo

I think I remember reading on /vp/ that Xerneas and Yvetal had two forms - one in-battle and another outside. Has this been confirmed? Because I've been racking my brain on this video on why Xerneas looks like that (0:20) in the beginning - it has Xerneas' antlers alright, but without a face? o_O and then, it gets smaller and is outside of Lyzandre's cage? I'm confused.

Xerneas has an Out of Battle form (the light blue seen in the video) and his in battle form (The one with the different colors on antlers). Yveltal still hasn't been revealed to have a second form, same for Zygrade... but those might come later on?

K-B-K

One thing I find strange about this gen (I'm also very surprised no one seems to have mentioned this) is that there is no legendary with a base stat total of 600 (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc). I prefer those sort of legendary Pokemon to be honest.

One thing I find strange about this gen (I'm also very surprised no one seems to have mentioned this) is that there is no legendary with a base stat total of 600 (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc). I prefer those sort of legendary Pokemon to be honest.

That's because it is presumably going to be an event Pokemon, which are unaccessible at the moment. Odds are, it will be the first event Pokemon revealed.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

There probably is one. We just won't know about it until it is officially revealed or until somebody figures out how to datamine a 3DS cartridge.

K-B-K

That's because it is presumably going to be an event Pokemon, which are unaccessible at the moment. Odds are, it will be the first event Pokemon revealed.

Yea good point, I guess we're all used to knowing about these things early in previous gens. lol

pokepim10

Is there possibility to still be some hidden places containing legendary trio or some other legendaries? Like Regis in 3rd gen.

Bluemage21

Is there possibility to still be some hidden places containing legendary trio or some other legendaries? Like Regis in 3rd gen.

Almost definitely NOT. We know the third mascot's, Zygarde, pokedex number, 718, and there is not more spaces left in the pokedex between genesect and it. The only pokemon that generally come after the third mascot are event pokemon. only one has a pokemon appeared after that was not event and it was cresselia.

Long story short: There is no trio.

ABC595

I don't understand why there is no other new legendary pokemon other than the mascots unless they're to be released in the remake.

Regality

Digital King
Wait a minute, I thought I read in multiple places that even Shadow Tag doesn't keep the roaming pokemon from Fleeing?

..well that kinda defeats the whole point of the ability.
I am sure it says on the serebii page that having shadow tag works, but whether they have tested it is a different story..

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
For people who are interested. Not sure which one is from which game though.
[IMG139]http://oi39.*******.com/20kwto8.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://oi40.*******.com/eala1s.jpg[/IMG139]

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
From what I read about Xerneas/Yveltal on serebii, it seems like you are forced to capture them, just like with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW. I'm hoping that this isn't true, and that you can KO them and battle them again later.
I plan to capture the legendaries only after they've figured out the RNG mechanics for X and Y. Because I do NOT want to have to go back to resetting the game over a hundred times just to get the right nature, but terrible IVs.

ABC595

Who was complaining I loved having lodes of legends it was always a challenge to try and catch them all.

halfrican

Okay, I get my game in 8 hours. I am determined to prove/disprove the existence of Mega Articuno. I will be rushing to post-game, and based on others, I should be there by sunday. On the way, I will be looking for a Wobbuffet. I'm sure numerous others will beat me to post-game, but for some reason, interest in the legendary birds seems pretty low. If no one has figured it out by the time I get there, that's all I'll be doing until I can catch one of them. I'm a little scared shadow tag won't work. If it doesn't, then we'll know for sure that there's some other trigger for getting them to stay in battle. I can't think of any other reason for them to be so mysterious beyond getting mega evolutions. I'm honestly surprised no one else is as hyped about that as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.