• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiach

Can you catch Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y?

I hope this isn't a silly question but I never got Pokemon black or black 2 which means I don't have a straight chain of trading.. ie trading from ss to black and black to black 2 and black 2 to pokemon x/y.. so I can't trade my red/blue mewtwo all the way across..

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
Can you catch Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y?

I hope this isn't a silly question but I never got Pokemon black or black 2 which means I don't have a straight chain of trading.. ie trading from ss to black and black to black 2 and black 2 to pokemon x/y.. so I can't trade my red/blue mewtwo all the way across..

Yes, you can catch it. It's found at the Pokemon Village. :)

Sulfurian

From what I read about Xerneas/Yveltal on serebii, it seems like you are forced to capture them, just like with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW. I'm hoping that this isn't true, and that you can KO them and battle them again later.
I plan to capture the legendaries only after they've figured out the RNG mechanics for X and Y. Because I do NOT want to have to go back to resetting the game over a hundred times just to get the right nature, but terrible IVs.

I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.

shadowF

is mewtwo involved in the plot?

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.

Yeah, it drove me crazy back in 4th gen, and then I discovered the RNG method in 5th gen (which is easier to do than in 4th). Now I usually only have to restart the game 2-3 times to get the IVs I want. Unfortunately I discovered this AFTER I caught Reshiram (which I was forced to do if I wanted to get to the post-game), which eventually led to me buying a second Black version.

If they apply the same thing to Xerneas (I'll be playing X version first), I'll be upset. But maybe the pokemon bank (which we're not getting until DECEMBER?!) will help to alleviate that problem.
Hopefully it will be more like Dialga and Palkia in DPP, where you fought them but didn't have to catch them; then after beating the elite four, you could go back and battle them again.

is there only 3 legendaries?

Jaxero

Well, there's the "Pokémon Z" Zygarde. So yeah, I think we all will wait for the next "mysterious" version; Pokémon Z.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
is there only 3 legendaries?

Not counting Legendary Pokémon from older generations and potential event Pokémon, yes; there are only three. Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

applemania

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but of the trademarked list of Japanese names, the ones below are not the names of any of the currently released Kalos pokemon, so I expect they are event legends.
-Dianshii
-Borukenion
-Fuupa

BCVM22

It's been mentioned several times, usually in a similar vein, i.e. people jumping to conclusions.

Those names were from a vague source and were originally purported to be any number of things. They aren't necessarily event Pokémon; they could just as easily be mistranslated names of existing Pokémon, or even be nothing at all.

It's best not to focus on them or assume anything.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
When will we know about these event legendaries? We are past the launch date, some ppl probably got the pokéguide too.
Shouldn't we know by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.