• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

When will we know about these event legendaries?

Not for quite some time yet.

Shouldn't we know by now?

Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

eiger

Shiny Hunter

Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

Oh, I see. I thought they might have revealed the info on launch date.
Thanks for quick reply!

fitzy909

Just another guy

yeah. There will be more (there has to be), but right now people can't get into the code of the games to find out like before. Personally, i think it is better to wait and be surprised when they officially announce them. unlike before when we know about them months before.

Janovy

Banned
In X/Y there is a Sea Spirit's Den, but the cave is empty. What kind of legendary could be there?

What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.

We clearly have no idea since the databases are unaccesible. But from the looks of it, it has higher catch rate than most version mascots(either that or the formula has been changed).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Sceprile

Reptiler
Good nature for Xerneas? I got modest but can't tell if it is pure special...

Bluemage21

I'd love some more info on this too, and also, is there a way ingame to at least get an estimave of IVs? So I know if I should reset him or not..

There is the iv guy from the other games appearing again, not sure where he is though.

Cingen

So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version.. :p

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version.. :p

115-130/128-143/95-110/131-144/94-109/99-114
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.

Aiseya

Just caught Xerneas in the yellow with my first throw... a luxury ball. I'm guessing that he's just easier to catch? Or did I just have weird luck?

Mysteryem

Edit: Stream highlight is up, I can't post links though, so go to werster/c/3078961 on twitch.tv to see it.
Alternative youtube link: watch?v=7tBw_BlO7u4

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)

Last edited:

ZelionX

(Stream highlight will be up later)

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)

Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...

Mysteryem

Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...
Yeah, that's a pretty good point, perhaps part of the roaming mechanic allows you to control what direction they go to next after fleeing *shrug*. The only other reason I can see for the roaming mechanic is to get them on your pokedex to track them, but that wouldn't be needed if they didn't roam in the first place.

I think there must be a reason that they have this roaming mechanic.

Also edited a youtube link into my previous post.

Edit: As Serebii has posted about this in the Discovery thread, may want to continue discussion of this over at the Discovery Discussion thread.

Last edited:

PoryGone222

So is it safe to assume that Yveltal (and by extension, Xerneas) is shiny-locked? I don't want to waste my time soft resetting here.

So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.

I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of it in future events.

Status
Not open for further replies.