• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
My Xerneas just learned Night Slash at level 51...

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music :))

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.

Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak

Freakshow

Jibaku
115-130/128-143/95-110/131-144/94-109/99-114
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.

We've found more evidence that every legendary in XY come with (at least) 3 perfect IVs (done by multiple resets, the IV checker guy confirming 3 perfect stats, and recurring stats), and as far as I'm concerned, Xerneas' and Yveltal's base stats are as follows:

HP: 126
Atk: 131
Def: 95
SpA: 131
SpD: 98
Spe: 99
Total: 680
(Odd, isn't it?)

These *should* be the exact base stats, but feel free to find contrary evidence~

Last edited:

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I currently have Zapdos. If anyone has a Moltres/Articuno Im looking to try an experiment for Lugia.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak

Agreed, I hope they expand on it though, it was pretty basic a connection compared to Arceus or Regigigas.

And of course they would, give Ho-oh two trios and poor Lugia none.

ZelionX

Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music :))

But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...

himynameisAD

Lucky Trainer
anyone know if its possible to catch yveltal and xerneas at a later time then when you are forced to fight them?

shadowF

So mewtwo has no role in the plot?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?

The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
Lv<50 - Ingrain
Lv<50 - Take Down
Lv<50 - Light Screen
Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
Lv<50 - Gravity
Lv<50 - Geomancy
Lv<50 - Moonblast
Lv<50 - Megahorn
Lv51 - Night Slash
Lv55 - Horn Leech
Lv59 - Psych Up
Lv63 - Misty Terrain

Shraeder

It's Lit
The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
Lv<50 - Ingrain
Lv<50 - Take Down
Lv<50 - Light Screen
Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
Lv<50 - Gravity
Lv<50 - Geomancy
Lv<50 - Moonblast
Lv<50 - Megahorn
Lv51 - Night Slash
Lv55 - Horn Leech
Lv59 - Psych Up
Lv63 - Misty Terrain

Well that's underwhelming...

I'm surprised mine couldn't learn Shadow Ball(TM)

fitzy909

Just another guy
Yeah... So I caught Yvetal with a pokeball with only one water pulse worth of damage...

i have heard a few stories like this, so i think that these legendaries must have high catch rates. possibly higher than reshiram and zekrom ,which had a catch rate of 45.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So mewtwo has no role in the plot?

Nope, none at all. The only plot-relevant Legendary Pokémon are Xerneas and Yveltal.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.

Pilpulp

美的
Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball

Edit: Forgot it had recover :(

Last edited:

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball

If you can try paralyzing it. You can get low level pokemon like Vivillion with sun spore.

BCVM22

Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.

It wasn't. It's listed among the Fairy-types because a Fairy-type plate - the Pixie Plate - was added.

You'll find Arceus listed among the other 16 types besides Normal for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.