• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelex

To get the legendary birds you have to do the following.
Find the bird for the first time.
Then find the bird 10 more times.
After you do this it will move to a cave where you can catch it.

source: Just watched Werster do the full process at twitch.tv/werster

edit: Werster also just tried bringing the three legendary birds to Sea Shore Den and nothing happens.

Last edited:

Cingen

So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?

saldu

I'm not there yet, but I can't decide which Nature to go for with Yveltal.
Both Yveltal and Xerneas' stats and currently known moves suggest that they have a strong mixed set, with Yveltal leaning towards offense and Xerneas towards bulk.
Maybe +Spd -Def for Yveltal, hm.

So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?

Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?

Fanservice, I guess. Also, probably to ensure that the mascot legendaries won't suck.

saldu

Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)

You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.

saldu

You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.

If so many people tested it, why do we not know if it's 3 perfect IVs or all perfect IVs?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Update on my last post, I have someone willing to lend me their Moltres.

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.

Don't bother. It has been tested that that doesn't work.

Volvagia

Do they really have 3 perfect IVs? Would like to check for myself, mind telling me where the IV checking guy is?

K-B-K

As great as that would be, it doesn't seem likely to happen.

Still, one of the great things about no one being able to hack the 3DS is that it's not impossible for there to be more legendary Pokemon to find.

Neidhardt

Downloaded on Friday night just got Mewtwo and Zygarde. Soft reset about 20 times and got a 31/30 average IV's on my Mewtwo. I'm really interested in the chamber of emptyness I hope that's expanded on. Right now I'm hunting to get an adamant absol with a decent IV spread >_>. I hate IV's so much Super training is a godsend though.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Does Xerneas have different forms? What kind are there?

It doesn't have "forms" per se; more like "modes" that are similar to the overdrive modes of Reshiram, Zekrom, White Kyurem, and Black Kyurem. They have no effect on its stats and are merely aesthetic. In battle, Xerneas will look as it usually does with its glowing antlers, but outside of battle, its antlers and some of the patterns on its body will take on a muted blue-green color.

Yveltal does not have such "modes," nor does Zygarde.

Last edited:

The Winchesters

The Vessels
I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...

It wouldn't be a huge loss if I couldn't rng them, as I have ones in my 5th gen games to transfer in december. The only thing that would really make it suck to not rng them is if they came with their hidden abilities.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?

As nobody struggled with it, they assume that it has a high catch rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.