• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Your previous statement seem to imply that there's more story when there's more legendary, which I thought was a pretty weak reason to churn out more legendaries, hence my comment.

It's not a necessity, but for the most part legendaries did contribute to the lore and mythology of the region, which very few non-legendaries match. There's definitely more a mystery and interest when you have things like the Regis around compared to say, Dragonite. So the lack of them is disappointing, but c'est la vie, it's not something that's going to kill its character.

Probably because venomous snakes sound more impressive and deadly, especially with the current buff to Poison type.

To be honest, with snakes like Pythons around, they don't need to be poisonous to be imposing or impressive.

Also, Poison's buff is not that great considering Steel stole its thunder being a much more impressive type offensively and defensively.

Last edited:

Cmack102

Any clue on how to catch the Birds?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yes but it runs away instantly.

Shadow Tag doesn't work.

You have to chase them to Sea Spirit' Den, I am not sure if it is a set amount of encounters(12) or you just have to make them move to the place, but I think it is the former.

And for Shraeder, here is Zygarde's learnset. Most interesting things it gets are Sludge Wave, Grass Knot and Focus Blast.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Yes but it runs away instantly.

Shadow Tag doesn't work.

You need to encounter it a dozen times, then it will fly to the Sea Spirit's Den where you can fight him.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Hidden Power

It's not a necessity, but for the most part legendaries did contribute to the lore and mythology of the region, which very few non-legendaries match. There's definitely more a mystery and interest when you have things like the Regis around compared to say, Dragonite. So the lack of them is disappointing, but c'est la vie, it's not something that's going to kill its character.

Uh, why would substituting the Regis with a Dragonite be less interesting? It could be unique in terms of appearance. It could be non-tradeable. It could have exclusive moves and abilities. It could belong to a famous trainer and has a fixed nickname. And none of these traits could be passed down by breeding. I don't think only new, non-breeding, 580 BST Pokemon can achieve the same impact. But that's just me.

To be honest, with snakes like Pythons around, they don't need to be poisonous to be imposing or impressive.

Also, Poison's buff is not that great considering Steel stole its thunder being a much more impressive type offensively and defensively.

For me it's not really a matter of whether the giant snake should be Dragon or Poison type; looks to me like either one would have function equally well. I'm more amused by the fact that after introducing a whole new type to curb Dragons, we have yet another Dragon Legendary. I'm still of the opinion that it's not the type itself that's overpowered, but the overall high BST of dragon types that contributes to the notion.

Of course one thing led to another, gotta have a new Fairy type to curb Dragon, gotta have a couple of types to curb Fairy, and at the end of the day Poison still received the short end of the stick.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
For yveltal what you think is the best nature ¿timid or modest?

Same question as Punkypie but for Xerneas :p Would a Timid or Modest Xerneas be best?
Timid is better. Modest is still very good, though.

They both have equal Sp. Atk/Atk stats, but they both have larger Special movepool, mostly in STABs.

Cingen

Timid is better. Modest is still very good, though.

They both have equal Sp. Atk/Atk stats, but they both have larger Special movepool, mostly in STABs.

So timid is surely the way to go? My gut feeling always told me modest.. thank god you saved me from that :p Busy working on a synchronize umbreon / espeon to help me out with the natures :) I was edging towards Modest since Timid is a very binary stat, you're either faster or slower. I just assumed that geomancy would boost me to the positive side no matter what even with a modest nature :)

Last edited:

Mays

So what event Pokemon do we think we'll get? I'm going to go out and say we'll get an event for a Pokemon we don't know yet - as they usually do, and iirc they did with Victini. And this is more of a hope than an expectation, but Mew.

So no one has answered the question of whether Xerneas or Yveltal can be shiny. Does anyone know? Am I soft reseting for nothing?

So no one has answered the question of whether Xerneas or Yveltal can be shiny. Does anyone know? Am I soft reseting for nothing?

Something told me they were locked. I don't think you can get them shiny. They're almost clones of Zekrom and Reshiram.

So once I got my near Perfect Bold Xerneas. I was happy enough.
30 IVs in HP, and 31 in Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def? Fine by me.
My Xerneas is sooo boss

Status
Not open for further replies.