• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there a way to see the legendary from the other game, I'd like to check the gts to see if there are any trades, but I know you can't unless you've seen it.

You can search for any Pokemon, just select "What Pokemon?" and put in the name.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there a way to see the legendary from the other game, I'd like to check the gts to see if there are any trades, but I know you can't unless you've seen it.

You can actually search and ask for anything on the GTS, regardless of whether or not you've seen it. Just go to the bottom when searching for Pokemon, and it will let you input a name of the Pokemon you're looking for. There's no way to see the other legendary in the game without trades, from what I can tell.

Exprima

Pokemang
After half a day of soft resets, finally...
Zygarde - #718 (Impish)
HP: 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 27
SpA: 23
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 26 - 27

Still, though, having 3 guaranteed perfect IVs is waaay better than in previous gens.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
did they not do a shiny genesect event out of japan, or did i miss something. but hey, they could have a shiny genesect event in x and y, maybe when the english dvd comes out next year there cold be a code with it that allows you to get one ingame.

they did have a shiny genesect event in japan, but with the English dub of the movie coming out so late, they missed their opportunity for gen 5. however, in gen 6, in ambrette town their is a hiker who asks to see a genesect (probably to give you the cassettes) so that leaves a chance for one in X & Y

BCVM22

however, in gen 6, in ambrette town their is a hiker who asks to see a genesect (probably to give you the cassettes) so that leaves a chance for one in X & Y

Or it means they intend for you to send your event Genesect ahead via Transporter. There are people who similarly reference the genie trio, Meloetta, Keldeo and Shaymin.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I'm not sure if anyone else has figured this out yet, but I think Zapdos now has static as it's hidden ability. I battled one in the battle institute and it paralyzed my Aegislash when he hit it with shadow sneak.
Not sure whether or not the other birds have similar changes.

Firewhale123

Shiny Groudon
Are the legendaries in this game Shiny Locked? I am currently SRing Mewtwo :p

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Someone on 4chan's /vp/ was able to get a shiny Yveltal, so it seems like they're not shiny locked, but I'm unsure as to the legitimacy of that claim.

Considering it's 4chan, I'd take it with a grain of salt for now.

Someone on 4chan's /vp/ was able to get a shiny Yveltal, so it seems like they're not shiny locked, but I'm unsure as to the legitimacy of that claim.

Were there legitimate pictures for this supposed "Shiny"?
I'm pretty sure they're Shiny locked.
With the plethora of people soft resetting for these guys you would think more than one person has encountered a shiny by now.

ArtFenix

being guaranteed three 31 IVs on Pokemon with Undiscovered Egg groups is better than not being guaranteed three 31 IVs on Pokemon with Undiscovered Egg groups
Oh wow, this sounds like fun! It's very important for me to know more about the changes Gen VI introduced cause I have the game but I've yet to buy a console xD.

Exprima

Pokemang
Did they make changes to the way a Synchronize lead works vs wild Pokemon? I was able to catch a near flawless Modest Mewtwo and a near flawless Impish Zygarde thanks to Synchronize, but I had a Timid lead the whole time vs Moltres and I barely ever got a Timid one after all the resets I've done. I've finally got one with the IV spread I wanted (31/26/31/29/31/29), but it's Modest... However I really don't wanna keep on resetting so I'll just keep this one. xD

Did they make changes to the way a Synchronize lead works vs wild Pokemon? I was able to catch a near flawless Modest Mewtwo and a near flawless Impish Zygarde thanks to Synchronize, but I had a Timid lead the whole time vs Moltres and I barely ever got a Timid one after all the resets I've done. I've finally got one with the IV spread I wanted (31/26/31/29/31/29), but it's Modest... However I really don't wanna keep on resetting so I'll just keep this one. xD

As stated SEVERAL times.
All the pokes that are in an "undiscovered egg group" have 3 guaranteed 31 IVs. The rest are just luck based.

Last edited:

Exprima

Pokemang
As stated SEVERAL times.
All the pokes that are in an "undiscovered egg group" have 3 guaranteed 31 IVs. The rest are just luck based.

That wasn't really my question. I was asking if the chances of the wild Pokemon's nature being the same as the trainer's Synchronize lead has been changed. I already stated that I know about the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

Unredemption

As stated SEVERAL times.

I believe Exprima was asking about Natures and not the IV spreads...

Isn't the nature of the Moltres determined from the moment you first run into it? Like all other roaming Pokemon.

That wasn't really my question. I was asking if the chances of the wild Pokemon's nature being the same as the trainer's Synchronize lead has been changed. I already stated that I know about the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

Then I suppose I misread your question. I was thinking you were asking if it also passed IVs. Oops.
Anyways, as stated above me, the nature is determined on the first encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.