• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio!

Composer
True to that, besides Zygarde Movepool is awfull, worse than Kyurem's

Yeah, I'm still not a big fan of the fact that out of two *soon to be possibly 3* Mascot legendaries, only 1 can land SE STAB against the other. All the supposed 'Master' of the trio can do is weaken them a bit. XD
The most notable feature of Zygarde is the fact he gets DD+Extreme Speed but even then, but unless he gets a buff in stats...

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Honestly since Rayquaza I don't like any one of the 3rd box covers, Zygarde looks cool at first sight but then... meh, would rather have Flygon in my team than Zygarde honestly.

BluePingu

If pokemon do one more trio of mascots with Red, Blue and Green I will scream.

Gen 1: Blastoise, Charizard, Venusar
Gen 3: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza
Gen 5: While not Red, Blue and Green, the box sets heavily featured Red (Fire) and Blue (Electricity)
Gen 6: Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde(?)

Gen 5: While not Red, Blue and Green, the box sets heavily featured Red (Fire) and Blue (Electricity)

I'm pretty sure that's just a nod to the original installments.

fairyofblood

i hope for sequels crest of hope activate.

0danmaster0

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
http://kotaku.com/three-new-mysterious-pokemon-discovered-in-x-y-1456798172

kotaku says the pokedex entry for diancie is "It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the CARBON in the air between its hands." and it is the jewel pokemon (just like carbink).

I am now convinced that diancie will be realted to carbink in one way or another

Honestly I wouldn't mind this at all. Carbink is a Pokémon that doesn't have anything going for it besides its defenses. At least to me. But is this Dex entry for both X and Y or just a X/Y only Dex entry?

0danmaster0

Honestly I wouldn't mind this at all. Carbink is a Pokémon that doesn't have anything going for it besides its defenses. At least to me. But is this Dex entry for both X and Y or just a X/Y only Dex entry?

kotaku didn't specify, but all the gen 6 pokemon have 2 different entries

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Considering how Event legendaries' dex entries are handled, it is most likely the latter.

Edit: Also, what 0danmaster0 said. The whole different perspectives thing.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Haha, Xerneas gets quite possibly one of the most broken moves in the game (paired with Power Herb), Yveltal gets a fairly powerful healing STAB move, and Zygarde gets. . .

A weaker form of Earthquake. . .

It would really have been better if they made it similar to Freeze-Dry, in the sense that Land's Wrath would also do 2x damage to Fairy & Flying types including the ones already covered by Ground.

This would in a way given it more usage in comparison with the more powerful Earthquake and would have also allowed it to counter both Xerneas & Yveltal more easily.

I feel like Carbink could be related to Diancie in some way. I mean it depends, it could make sense, for example they are both jewel Pokémon, well the gem stone Amethyst, if it is heated underground it changes and becomes another gem stone called Citrine. Maybe something like that? But then why is it a stand alone legendary and not an evolution? I think it's related to the sundial in Anistar city somehow too, like Jirachi was to the white rock in Hoenn (although nothing came of that...)

Also I've seen it talked about a bit but Diance is surely the 'pixie legend' of this gen.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
so are the new pokes legendary pokemon?

Hoopa the new celebi, mew jirachi lol

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It would really have been better if they made it similar to Freeze-Dry, in the sense that Land's Wrath would also do 2x damage to Fairy & Flying types including the ones already covered by Ground.

This would in a way given it more usage in comparison with the more powerful Earthquake and would have also allowed it to counter both Xerneas & Yveltal more easily.

It might have one or two super special awesome secret move akin to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock in the game data. Especially considering that there are a few event-only moves in the works, Happy Hour(Happy Time in Japanese) being the first.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Pilpulp

美的
These are my favourite event legendaries now. I hope you have to get them IN-GAME by catching them like in D/P/Pt and unlike in B/W. That gives them more meaning, and backstory as opposed to "Here you go, have a one of a kind legendary with no work at all =D).

If this is true, I would think:
Diancie is found in Anistar City. (An event which would do something to the sundail)
Volcanion is found somewhere within the Luminose Badlands. (It's event could have something to do with Team Flare perhaps backstory, or whats become of them)
Hoopa will be found in the Chamber of Emptiness (I'd imagine an event for this would include a important character such as Diantha, Sycamore, Shauna etc...)

Tytus

Iron Islander
http://kotaku.com/three-new-mysterious-pokemon-discovered-in-x-y-1456798172

kotaku says the pokedex entry for diancie is "It can instantly create many diamonds by compressing the CARBON in the air between its hands." and it is the jewel pokemon (just like carbink).

I am now convinced that diancie will be related to carbink in one way or another
Well, if it was going to compress ANYTHING between it's hands to make diamonds, it would be carbon since... diamonds are made of carbon. I don't think it's a reference to Carbink. That isn't to say they don't have some relationship- maybe Diance is their "queen bee" or something- but I don't think that's implied by the dex entry.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Diancie is found in Anistar City. (An event which would do something to the sundail)

Perhaps if Diancie is indeed related to the sundial, then it would tie into that one NPC's line about how if their world were a mystery novel, there would be some kind of treasure buried at the tip of the sundial's shadow.

Hoopa will be found in the Chamber of Emptiness (I'd imagine an event for this would include a important character such as Diantha, Sycamore, Shauna etc...)

Oh, good point. I wouldn't have thought to connect Hoopa to the Chamber of Emptiness but it does make sense.

Unrelated, but I assume that Hoopa's name pertains to the hoop rings around its horns and its waist?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Status
Not open for further replies.