• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have already been mentioned but...I was looking at the "supposed" new legendaries. Does anyone think that "Volcanion" has any connection to Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion? Maybe we'll get him in a Regigigase-esque event.

About as much as Lumineon is an Eeveelution.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
~
I was thinking more that he is connected to Groundon/Kyorge

Groudon.

And why would you think those two are related to Volcanion?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Groudon.

And why would you think those two are related to Volcanion?

Sorry for the typo.
For one istance because i think the movie based on volcanion will feature both of them.
Secondly since he works with some kind of steam, wich is produced under high pressure and high temperatures ( Groudon ) and Water ( Kyorge ).
So my guess is that Volcanion can live/was born in some place where they would have/are battled/ing each other.

As soon as I saw that Floette I new it could be a Spiky Ear Pichu type affair. It will probably learn that Light of Ruin move too, who knows it might have separate stats?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
The thing is, they already made a model for it despite having like 5 seconds of screen time. The flower isn't even that super noticable during the backstory segment and you could probably just think the coloring meant it was Shiny.

That's...usually how it works in video games. You make models for everything you need, regardless of how long it's going to show up.

Arceus can't become ??? type legally, and yet there it is, its sprite exists.

R_N

That's...usually how it works in video games. You make models for everything you need, regardless of how long it's going to show up.
Well obviously, but then why bother with making a battle model

I dunno, we'll see if anything ever comes of it. If you got it may as well use it.

Arceus can't become ??? type legally, and yet there it is, its sprite exists.

I'd say that a color pallete is on a different level than a new flower, but that was removed in 5th gen.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I'd say that a color pallete is on a different level than a new flower, but that was removed in 5th gen.

Flowers aren't that hard to model (being mathematically symmetrical and all - make one petal and you're practically done), and it didn't seem like Floette had different animations or anything either. Probably took the dude an hour to make.

Either way, if the devs can make overworld models for every single trainer in the game that uses a damn portrait in-battle, I think they can survive putting in a different Floette that shows up for five seconds.

KKS-Lapras

Flowers aren't that hard to model (being mathematically symmetrical and all - make one petal and you're practically done), and it didn't seem like Floette had different animations or anything either. Probably took the dude an hour to make.

Either way, if the devs can make overworld models for every single trainer in the game that uses a damn portrait in-battle, I think they can survive putting in a different Floette that shows up for five seconds.

Or, like most others are saying, it could be something unique entirely in some way. A new/unique/rare move, different styling altogether in the design - which may not seem important, but in the generation with different variations of flowers and butterflies, the generation that is based on beauty, it might be important to GF - , point being, while it may not seem significant to you, to others, it might be something to look forward to.

Banebdjetet

Pokemon Scientist
Anyone know if there are different mechanics this gen with Synchronizers and Legendaries, specifically Mewtwo?

I've attempted to catch him 6 times now with a Timid Ralts lead, and I've gotten a different nature all 6 times.

Just bad luck?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anyone know if there are different mechanics this gen with Synchronizers and Legendaries, specifically Mewtwo?

I've attempted to catch him 6 times now with a Timid Ralts lead, and I've gotten a different nature all 6 times.

Just bad luck?

Most likely just bad luck.

Banebdjetet

Pokemon Scientist
9th attempt was the winner. (attempts 7 and 8, i accidentally killed him)

Timid (although the judge says his 31s are in Atk, SpAtk, and SpDef) oh well, he's a keeper. Mewtwo's moveset is too annoying to keep attempting to false swipe/spore with a parasect that's 20 levels lower than he is.

rocky505

Florges has no other open spots like Floette did. Floette will most likely be just like the Spikey-eared Pichu.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I hope Az's Floette has better stats than normal, as I'm not too keen on Florges. Actually, would Az's floette even evolve?

No, as there are no more additional Florges form data in the game. Similarly, it can't breed, as there are no more Flabébé form in the game.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Surly the AZ Floette is just the model used in the cutscenes and not a Pokemon that's actually going to be distributed? Its most likely in the coding as a form as a way of saving the data?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Yeah, that's what I keep saying, but people are really, really hoping they can actually have it lol

...not that I don't blame them, it's a really pretty Floette.

0danmaster0

Surly the AZ Floette is just the model used in the cutscenes and not a Pokemon that's actually going to be distributed? Its most likely in the coding as a form as a way of saving the data?

apqQmt2.png

This was one of the pages joe took down aswell as the pages for the event mons

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

It doesn't explain why there is a placeholder for it in the Global Link.

Not to mention, Light of Ruin's description is rumored to be this:
"Drawing power from Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot."

Edit: Quasi-Accelgor'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.