• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The popularity of xerneas and yveltal has increased. Interesting. Could be due to the successes of the phione-yveltal method I suppose?

What is the Phione-Yvertal method? ;)

naudna

It's quoted in the first post of this page. Haven't tried it myself, but if so many people's trying it out, it must work to a certain degree.

It's quoted in the first post of this page. Haven't tried it myself, but if so many people's trying it out, it must work to a certain degree.

Thanks, haha! Now it's time to breed some Phiones!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
As for the head admin with the Metagross Avatar (the name's too hard to recall. I'm sorry), I just checked it now. I'm pretty sad that NONE of my favorite Legendaries got the fairy typing for a change. I mean, it makes me wonder Gamefreak's decision to keep their typings intact. Maybe they are good enough for them.

For me, Victini, Celebi and Jirachi could have got that fairy typing replacing their Psychic typing. Mew, Shaymin (land forme only), and Manaphy could have gotten this Fairy typing as their secondary type. THAT would have changed them for the better for me in the competitive scene.

But I guess I am looking too deep in WW2 history too much when I put the "War" of this game in talk.

Yet why would they receive Fairy Typing in the first place?

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Yet why would they receive Fairy Typing in the first place?

Personally, I wouldn't put it in a "just because" as to how I could say it (I may have said it wrong to your ears). With some of the pokemon that have been inspired by fairies for the last 5 generations, my personal observations was that the Psychic typing acts like a catalyst to the "fairy" terminology (think of the Lake trio of Sinnoh that are Fairy like Designed or inspired for some of us players. Maybe some of the designers in Game Freak thought of it like that too).

But my guess for now is that for them, when it comes to legendary type pokemon, when a new typing comes, no type changes to existing that could really fit its inspired theme. EVER.

Cicisisi

Banned
So wait back up a second, why do you think "Psychic" specifically refers to "Reason" and not
you know
psychic powers

e: Like I'm willing to bet the logic behind even having a Psychic type stopped cold at "wooo psychic powers and probably smart things i guess!!"

"wooo psychic powers and probably smart things i guess!!"? YOU are a mod and you shouldn't be that rude for no reason at all... Did you even read what Qeca wrote? That was not what he was saying. Emotions do impact in the opposite way logical thoughts and decisions. That's where he was going because BCVM22 had no idea how emotions aren't related to mindful actions.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Personally, I wouldn't put it in a "just because" as to how I could say it (I may have said it wrong to your ears). With some of the pokemon that have been inspired by fairies for the last 5 generations, my personal observations was that the Psychic typing acts like a catalyst to the "fairy" terminology (think of the Lake trio of Sinnoh that are Fairy like Designed or inspired for some of us players. Maybe some of the designers in Game Freak thought of it like that too).

But my guess for now is that for them, when it comes to legendary type pokemon, when a new typing comes, no type changes to existing that could really fit its inspired theme. EVER.

I guess.

Regarding the Lake Guardian's possible Re-Typing to Fairy, though, due to them being the embodiments of Spirit, created out of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower, all three of which themes are often associated both with one's mind, and Psychic Types, and the mind has also been associated with Psychic Types, as is evident by a few Pokémon and Psychic Type Traqiners, therefor to me seeming as they should remain Psychic Types, as to me, the only reason why people want them to be Fairy Types is because they are "cutesy pixies and shtuff".

Remember Gen II, though, both Steel and Dark were introduced, and 0 Legendary Pokémon were of either of those Types, both old and new.
Heck, it took until Gen IV to get a Dark Type Legendary, and to this day we still don't have a Poison Type Legendary (Alternate Formes discluded).

I also don't particularly see how they are incredibly based upon Fairies, or deemed Fairy Types, so if you could just, kinda, give an explanation that would be nice.

BCVM22

That's where he was going because BCVM22 had no idea how emotions aren't related to mindful actions.

"Had no idea". Or he has plenty idea and certain people are trying to vastly overthink the matter and shoehorn in concepts that don't really have any bearing on anything, and then they have the temerity to recoil in abject shock and awe when others point that out. It's definitely one of the two.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I also don't particularly see how they are incredibly based upon Fairies, or deemed Fairy Types, so if you could just, kinda, give an explanation that would be nice.

Well there is one possible explanation:

Most empaths are considered under the "psychic" moniker in popular culture, hence why the likes of Gardevoir are Psychic-type.

But if you really want to argue about pixies' fairy typing, you can use literally everything else they have since they are fairies. Agnome, Em(spi)rit, U(pi)xie and the three values they represent originates from the three Imperial Regalia of Japan.

I'm okay with them not being Fairy type, but there's definitely a tangible basis for them to have been retyped. Still, they weren't retyped, so chances are they'll continue to stay pure Psychic. No legendary was retyped anyway, so it does also make sense that they didn't do anything with just them. I know this topic has dragged on a lot longer than it probably should have, but I do like that reasoning for possible Fairy typing.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
"Had no idea". Or he has plenty idea and certain people are trying to vastly overthink the matter and shoehorn in concepts that don't really have any bearing on anything, and then they have the temerity to recoil in abject shock and awe when others point that out. It's definitely one of the two.

"It's definitely one of the two."

Why can't you accept something scientifically correct about how emotions affect our rationality? It's interesting to see how Mesprit is played here! It's not hard to understand what I meant and yet you choose to ignore it and repeat the same "it's me or him" when I was correcting you.

Yes, because psychic powers involve telepathic capabilities which are inherent to our mind = reason =/= emotions. Mesprit improves someones thoughts by clearing its emotions. Again, why not read some Descartes? Maybe then you will understand how I'm bearing this discussion about how much sense it makes for Mesprit to be Psychic type according to my argument. ;)

Grey Wind

Why can't you accept something scientifically correct about how emotions affect our rationality?
Because it's Pokemon and the thought process of emotions = mind = Psychic type is perfectly acceptable. It's not supposed to be scientifically correct.

BCVM22

Again, why not read some Descartes?

Ah, see, there's the problem. We aren't discussing Descartes. It's that simple.

Maybe then you will understand how I'm bearing this discussion about how much sense it makes for Mesprit to be Psychic type according to my argument. ;)

That you continue to think the problem is people not understanding you shows you're missing the point by a wide margin.

Rasbred

got 3 xerneas(1 timid lvl 100,1 naive lvl 67 and 1 brave lvl 51) and 1 yveltal(brave lvl 50) for Phiones :D

so people still think phione is worth something :D

Dreis

got 3 xerneas(1 timid lvl 100,1 naive lvl 67 and 1 brave lvl 51) and 1 yveltal(brave lvl 50) for Phiones :D

so people still think phione is worth something :D

I have been catching lucky egg chansey in friend safari and trading those up for Xerneas and Ybeltal usually get a trade within 15mins max.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
i have failed to trade in the first 15 minutes i deposited my first phione for a yveltal so i took it out and put it back in for a xerneas. I hope this method happens to me, but if everyone is doing it, I dont think i'll have much luck.

I managed to grab all three legendary beasts so far from my early sucesses but entei i got lucky with max ivs in some stats the other two not really

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
what did you put up for trade for them ?

i got entei for a shiny flecthinder i didnt realize i hatched as a fletching that didnt have good ivs and for suicune another 6th gen shiny that was the wrong nature

Cicisisi

Banned
That you continue to think the problem is people not understanding you shows you're missing the point by a wide margin.

It's not people here... It's clearly you who doesn't get what Royal_Qeca means about Mesprit's psychic type.

You say that Emotion is related to our Mind and you failed to understand how they can be antagonists. He explained you why. You still think you are right here.

not589

I got lucky. Someone gave me a Level 70 Terrakion for an Oshawott!!

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Ah, see, there's the problem. We aren't discussing Descartes. It's that simple.

The point here is not who I'm talking about (even though it bears my conclusion) but what I'm saying about Mesprit which is not rocket science to involve Pokémon. You asked me about the relationship between emotions and our mind and I told you. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.