• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
what does better stats have to do with shinyness? (dont mean to sound rude im really wondering the relation between the two)

They don't. Since Gen 3, shinyness is derived from a function involving a Pokemon's hidden personality value.

In Gen 2, it was derived from one of the IVs of a Pokemon, IIRC. Much like how gender was.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
what does better stats have to do with shinyness? (dont mean to sound rude im really wondering the relation between the two)
In Gen II, if a Pokemon had the right combination of IVs it would be shiny. But, as I said just before you posted this (probably as you were typing), stats and shininess are no longer related.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I forget if there are any cinematic scenes with Legendaries. If there are, it could be that they only have a scene for the normal colour and didn't want discontinuity between the scene and the battle.

There are cutscenes for Xerneas/Yveltal and Mewtwo.

But then again, Kyurem.

Sir Gengar

Hey, I need a bit of help catching Moltres.

As some of you know, the legendary birds like to scatter throughout the map quickly and it has been a pain trying to get him 10 times. Could someone please tell me an easy way of fixing this problem? Thanks!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, I need a bit of help catching Moltres.

As some of you know, the legendary birds like to scatter throughout the map quickly and it has been a pain trying to get him 10 times. Could someone please tell me an easy way of fixing this problem? Thanks!

Just look for other Pokémon. Seriously, searching for that damn white flabébé (still haven't) I once encountered Zapdos in the same area three times without me having left or turned the game off!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What I mean is Nintendo probably has rigged them to having way higher chances of getting the relatively superior/outstanding Potentials with perfect IVs but put Shiny Locks on them.

The IVRNG and PIDRNG are two separate PRNGs that determine the stats and the other characteristics of the Pokemon, respectively. These two PRNGs are independent of one another; altering the parameters of one will not alter the parameters of the other.

If no other unbreedable Pokemon will found shiny in the wild, it may be a possibility that the shiny lock is tied to the weighted IV generation; I don't know if this is true.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Mime. Jr isn't genderless.

He means unbreedable Pokémon, baby Pokémon can't breed and thus get the same 3 perfect IV set that the legendaries do.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Nonetheless, that would mean that the guaranteed 3 31 IVs on Undiscovered Egg group 'mons have nothing to do with the legendary shiny locks.

hunterrock

Yveltal and Xerneas for shiny (IV doesn't matter) pokes or rare (poke bank/non friend safari) h.a 5iv pokes.

As the title says! I am willing to trade my numerous legit x and y legends for either shinies or rare h.a pokes. Mainly shinies though.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, pm me if interested with an offer.

I'll also accept any trade evolutions permitting they have 5IV, HA and will evolve on trade.

Thanks!! PM Me if you want a trade!

Mitja

Veteran smartass
What Kaiyo meant ~20 posts ago was simply that Gamefreaks reasoning to put a shiny-block on legends might have been as an EXCHANGE for them having 3 perfect IVs.

There was no reason to go on tangents about how shininess worked in gen II or any of that, because no one said the two facts are related in the coding that generates pokemon, merely that gamefreaks choices to do so might have been.

I don't understand this statement. Food keeps things alive. Surely a mouth would make sense for Xerneas.

Why doesn't Xerneas or Zygarde have a mouth yet Yveltal does... Yveltal totally shouldn't have a mouth either to keep this mouthless thing a "trio" trait!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, why is Xerneas the only one with the first letter of it's name in it's eye as it's pupil? Surely it would have made sense to give Yveltal a "Y" and Zygarde a "Z" as well? Strange...

Lets say no pupil=blind, and no mouth=mute.

Xerneas, has pupils but has no mouth, Yveltal has a mouth but no pupils and Zygarde has no mouth and no pupils.

Xerneas is mute.
Yveltal is blind.
Zygarde is mute and blind.

Makes sense to me xD

Last edited:

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
What Kaiyo meant ~20 posts ago was simply that Gamefreaks reasoning to put a shiny-block on legends might have been as an EXCHANGE for them having 3 perfect IVs.

There was no reason to go on tangents about how shininess worked in gen II or any of that, because no one said the two facts are related in the coding that generates pokemon, merely that gamefreaks choices to do so might have been.

Xerneas, has pupils but has no mouth, Yveltal has a mouth but no pupils and Zygarde has no mouth and no pupils.

Xerneas is mute.
Yveltal is blind.

Makes sense to me xD

Except that it doesn't because all 3 can make noise and have cries therefore none of them are mute and Yveltal does have pupils.

Falconx03

Legendary
Except that it doesn't because all 3 can make noise and have cries therefore none of them are mute and Yveltal does have pupils.

Well think of how boring and annoying it would be to have Pokemon without cries. Makes no sense, so for gameplay purposes they have cries.

Rio!

Composer

Xerneas is mute.
Yveltal is blind.

Makes sense to me xD

Interesting thoughts, but until there's factual proof in-game leaves it to speculation.

Also with Zygarde, those hexagons, especially the single lit one on either side of his face could qualify as eyes, especially considering they don't 'flicker' like the ones that do on its body.

Every Pokemon doesn't have the same eye structure. ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.