• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
There are cutscenes for Xerneas/Yveltal and Mewtwo.

But then again, Kyurem.

I thought people had been able to SR for shiny Mewtwo this generation? I think I read someone posting that they had gotten one and confirmed that the shiny mewtwo mega forms stayed green and pale gray when they mega evolved before bank came out.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Interesting thoughts, but until there's factual proof in-game leaves it to speculation.

Also with Zygarde, those hexagons, especially the single lit one on either side of his face could qualify as eyes, especially considering they don't 'flicker' like the ones that do on its body.

Every Pokemon doesn't have the same eye structure. ;o

AKA Anorith.

I thought people had been able to SR for shiny Mewtwo this generation? I think I read someone posting that they had gotten one and confirmed that the shiny mewtwo mega forms stayed green and pale gray when they mega evolved before bank came out.

Nope, IIRC that was determined due to that hacker showing them.

ShadowBender 20

Summer break. Bored.
I think that Yveltal is weak concerning the weaknesses that he has, but he looks way to cool to be weak.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think that Yveltal is weak concerning the weaknesses that he has, but he looks way to cool to be weak.

I mean, Oblivion Wing is an awesome move that gives Yve a suitable means of recovery. Horribly weak, ain't it?
<sarcasm ends>
Okay, well the less than 100 Base Speed stat is a bit underwhelming. The Bird of Destruction's a bit average in that aspect.
However, Dark Aura + Sucker Punch enables a hit that is more than 50% Hp to some Ubers (M-Gengar gets more, I believe).

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I love Xerneas in every way EXCEPT signature move. I mean, Geomancy sounds so awesome (Pokémon, introducing new words to players since 1995) yet it's a status move, a two-turn one at that!

Oblivion Wing is just flat out gnarly, from it's restoration ability to it's animation.

Zygarde got the worst treatment...it's signaure move, (Land's Wrath) only deals damage, and it's weaker than Earthquake. Honestly, I don't even get why did they made such a move...
I love Xerneas in every way EXCEPT signature move. I mean, Geomancy sounds so awesome (Pokémon, introducing new words to players since 1995) yet it's a status move, a two-turn one at that!

Oblivion Wing is just flat out gnarly, from it's restoration ability to it's animation.

Geomancy doubles three stats by 2x at once, and a Power Herb can be used to make it work during one turn. It's very haxy.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Zygarde got the worst treatment...it's signaure move, (Land's Wrath) only deals damage, and it's weaker than Earthquake. Honestly, I don't even get why did they made such a move...

It really did! It also says a lot that Land's Wrath is only learnable through the move relearner!
Geomancy doubles three stats by 2x at once, and a Power Herb can be used to make it work during one turn. It's very haxy.
I prefer having it hold the Pixie Plate (which reminds me, that is the only held item that boosts Fairy-type moves? I would think they would have brought back the Polkadot Bow/Pink Bow and make it work for Fairy-types).

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It really did! It also says a lot that Land's Wrath is only learnable through the move relearner!

I prefer having it hold the Pixie Plate (which reminds me, that is the only held item that boosts Fairy-type moves? I would think they would have brought back the Polkadot Bow and make it work for Fairy-types).

At least Land's Wrath has something to differentiate itself, a little. Land's Wrath doesn't hurt your partners in Doubles/Triples unlike Earthquake, so there's that, minor as it is. just trying to look on the bright side I'm not surprised, though. Kyurem got the same treatment with signature moves, Giratina doesn't use Shadow Force all that often (it's still not a bad move, though), and Rayquaza doesn't even have a signature move (granted, he doesn't really need one).

Power Herb Geomancy is standard fare for Xerneas, though. It's easy to set up, and it's amazing to be at +2 in three stats so quickly as well. In contrast, if the opponent can force or phaze you out, then you've wasted your item, so it's not unstoppable. But both Geomancy and Oblivion Wing are fantastic signature moves, so I'm not complaining there.

R_N

Land's Wrath is useful....in doubles/triples. Earthquake will hit your allies as well, Land's Wrath just hits all opponents.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Land's Wrath is useful....in doubles/triples. Earthquake will hit your allies as well, Land's Wrath just hits all opponents.

a lot of the moves introduced the past 2 gens really seem to be better suited for doubles and triples ive noticed so i think its kinda cool that they gave one to a legendary that works well in both. not saying others dont work well for both but i think land's wrath wouuld be much more useful in doubles or triples

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Much like Heat Wave. I guess Doubles with a Heat Wave user and Land's Wrath user could be viable, as HW could significantly stymie Zy's threats.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Saw a video of Xerneaus OHKOing Yveltal with Moonblast. I chose the wrong side... ._.

Well considering that Fairy beats Dark...

Status
Not open for further replies.