• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio!

Composer
yup still lost with this game.

You're really going to hve to come up with more than vague statements about how lost and confused you are, otherwise people won't know how to even begin assisting you, if that's what you actually want. XD

bushie

My personal opinion is that the legends were a little underwhelming. We had a nice/good cutscene with xerneas(i play x) but other than than that...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
My personal opinion is that the legends were a little underwhelming. We had a nice/good cutscene with xerneas(i play x) but other than than that...

I feel similarly but I find that it's because they served no purpose other than to be used by the villain. No real talk about it by anyone else.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

I personally am of the opinion that both Xerneas and Yveltal will both be boosted in some way in the 3rd game/sequels.

Would be cool for Zygarde to get a new forme, it's kind of an shapeshifter pokemon already.

Hmmm, it sucks how easy it became to find those legendaries after 4th gen.

-It wasn't easy to find Giratina in Pearl and Diamond
-It wasn't easy to find Lugia in Soul Silver
-It wasn't easy to find Moltres in Soul Silver
-It was kinda hard to find Virizion in White

But right now...it's almost no challenge.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I love Xerneas in concept and design, but story-wise, I felt it a bit underwhelming too.

Although I guess it mostly has to do with my feelings toward Gen 5, by comparison.

There was a great amount of build up to the revival of the Tao Dragons, and they both align with their partners for what they believe in. Then there's that sweet little interaction between N & his dragon in the BW2 post-game...Or the most basic history, that they would share their wisdom with their chosen partner, treating them like their own child. Those details really made them feel like more than just Legendary Pokemon to me.

I hope we get a bit more story out of them in the next game.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
In my opinion, the legendaries were very appealing aesthetic-wise: Yveltal with the black and red, the sharp talons, etc. Then there is Xerneas with its beautiful color scheme. Still, I do agree with the above poster that the 5th generation had a bigger story build-up to B/W's respective legends. X/Y kind of dropped it suddenly in Dendemille, I believe, and then the story recanted by the old man in a city--I forget which. It just didn't feel like the legends had a proper backstory to me, not like B/W delivered, so I feel it lacked in this department.

Ruas

The legendaries are always a mysterious part of Pokemon. True, unlike the previous games they didn't really talk much about the legendary's role on its own much. It doesn't even get some nice location for itself, you just abruptly find it in the machine. But, from what they've given, I strongly feel the RS & DP pattern emerging here. Both Rayquaza & Giratina act as a counter to the combined disruption from Groudon/Kyogre & Palkia/Dialga. Here we have Xerneas who gives life energy, and Yveltal who absorbs life energy. Zygarde is simply described as a balance. I hope this wasn't mentioned before, but just a little theory - Xerneas & Yveltal sort of balance each other. To prevent all Kalos inhabitants from being immortalized or being killed - Xerneas's surplus life force is always being absorbed by Yveltal. If this transfer was somehow disrupted, Zygarde is there to stabilize it again. How? The ability Aura Break sort of explains it - it reverses other's auras. So, I'm guessing Zygrade can probably allow Yveltal when necessary to give out life energy, & likewise Xerneas to absorb some too. Anyway, that's the gist of my little theory on how these three are related to each other. By working it out like this, I've come to really enjoy these legendaries.

Nayzira

IV Breeder
Just a quick question (which I think I can best ask here), which legendary should I use my master ball on? Of the post game ones obviously, I didn't catch any yet. I'm considering trading for a second and maybe third masterball but assuming I don't get one, which one is most annoying to catch the normal way? (In my game the bird one is Zapdos, not sure if that matters).

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I always use mine of the box legendary but if I had to offer advice, I'd have to say Mewtwo.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Since they're all stationary when you go to battle them, I think you're more or less free to use the Master Ball on anyone you want.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Yeah, but Mewtwo is the only one that can use a recovery move (Recover), which makes it a pain in the ass to False Swipe.

BCVM22

which legendary should I use my master ball on?

None of them. All of the Legendary encounters are stationary. Bring enough patience and Ultra Balls/Dusk Balls/Timer Balls and get your hands dirty. Save the Master Ball for something that really needs it.

Rio!

Composer
None of them. All of the Legendary encounters are stationary. Bring enough patience and Ultra Balls/Dusk Balls/Timer Balls and get your hands dirty. Save the Master Ball for something that really needs it.

Pff bump that I went ahead and used one on Zygarde since it's possible he'll have significance if there's a future installment. Not as though it's going to get used for anything else unless you want trading fodder.

BCVM22

Pff bump that I went ahead and used one on Zygarde since it's possible he'll have significance if there's a future installment.

Which it will or won't completely independent of the type of ball in which it was captured.

Not as though it's going to get used for anything else unless you want trading fodder.

Which is why possession of the resource logically shouldn't automatically equate to use of it.

Rio!

Composer
Which is why possession of the resource logically shouldn't automatically equate to use of it.

It doesn't, though in the end it doesn't matter anyway and it's up to the player themselves.
If people wish to catch their Goomy in it for 'the lulz' than that's their own preference.

BCVM22

It absolutely is. I'm just pointing out the potential bigger picture at work, as I'm known to do.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I never said it was necessarily something in X/Y. Possession of a valuable resource that doesn't expire isn't (shouldn't be) tantamount to mandatory use of it.

I'm just saying that why bother saving it? Wasn't there a "thing" about Pokémon Bank not allowing items? It's probable to assume that the Generational compatibility of items will never be seen again, so why just it rot away?

I guess there are the event legendaries to bother with but that is only if they are in-game captures. I'm so used to them just being given in a Cherish Ball that I don't even consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.