• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

It's probable to assume that the Generational compatibility of items will never be seen again, so why just it rot away?

It's equally - nay, more - probable to assume that X and Y won't be the only games of Generation VI and that trading directly between X/Y and any potential future Generation VI games will allow items just fine.

What I'm saying here is not overly complicated at all - that a Master Ball is an exceedingly valuable commodity and to that end, if one feels there's nothing in X/Y that really, really warrants its usage, then it makes far more sense to save it for whatever comes next than it does to waste it just to say you used it.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Like what else is there to use a Master Ball on though? A goomy?

A shiny teleporter, like the wild Abra on Route 5/wild Kirlia on Safari. Or the exploding-happy Graveler.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It's equally - nay, more - probable to assume that X and Y won't be the only games of Generation VI and that trading directly between X/Y and any potential future Generation VI games will allow items just fine.

What I'm saying here is not overly complicated at all - that a Master Ball is an exceedingly valuable commodity and to that end, if one feels there's nothing in X/Y that really, really warrants its usage, then it makes far more sense to save it for whatever comes next than it does to waste it just to say you used it.

No one said it was complicated at all. It's just that your statement relies on the "What If". While, yes, it is very likely there will be more Gen VI games, they would also come with the opportunity of a Master Ball within themselves as well.

Anyways, in the end, people will do what they will with the one they have.

JW1004

I saved my Master Ball in both X and Y. I have yet to encounter the Legendary Birds, but I have had no problem with any of the legendaries so far!

Fayh

A shiny teleporter, like the wild Abra on Route 5/wild Kirlia on Safari. Or the exploding-happy Graveler.
Catching a shiny like that is probably the most use you can get out of a Master ball.

I have not used mine since generation 2, and usually just carry it with me in case I ever come across a shiny. (Has never happened though)

I would like to catch a cute Pokemon like Goomy in it and breed it... Haha. Then put dozens of them on wonder trade.

Aetius

Have there been any updates about the legendaries of X/Y left?
Obviously I'm refering to Volcanion and the other two, whose name right now I can't remember.

Ruas

Nope. Diancie & Hoopa were the other two. Right now the focus is still on Bank. When these legendaries come out, there will be lots of updates all around. You won't miss it, I'm sure.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I would like to catch a cute Pokemon like Goomy in it and breed it... Haha. Then put dozens of them on wonder trade.

Master Balls don't pass down through breeding.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Am I the only one who actually uses Zygarde in competitive battles? I actually think the thing is rather strong. I use it because I love the design. I cannot wait to see a potential new forme.

Today I just found out that in Pokedex you CAN see Xerneas's "Active" forme look and and the "Normal" forme look - which is awesome, because I was kinda disappointed when I learned that his horns don't glow all the time (especially for Amie). I really like how they handled Yveltal and Xerneas, both of their bodies have those cool effects implemented. Zygarde too, I guess.

Which brings me to another question, does anybody know if Dialga's body glows like this
dialgaroar.png
in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHzqJv-5V0 <- Skip to 9:00, see for yourself. I'm gonna say no from what I can see, although those areas do appear to be lighter on it's X/Y model.

It actually does glow/light up, I've checked it right now. But you can't see it very well during Roar of Time.

You are poison to the society.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Am I the only one who actually uses Zygarde in competitive battles? I actually think the thing is rather strong. I use it because I love the design. I cannot wait to see a potential new forme.

It hasn't gotten a lot of usage competitively, which is a little disappointing; it's a decent enough Pokemon, with access to stuff like DD, ESpeed, and Coil, as well as pretty decent physical bulk.

I think its main problem is that most people see as it as purely outclassed; Hippowdon is probably a better physical wall, and guys like MZardX and Dragonite work better as DD sweepers. The Coil set is kinda cool, though, and I've heard good things about a Double Dance set with DD/Coil/EQ/Stone Edge.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
These are good things to save Master balls for. I have only encountered a wild shiny pokemon once, and it was a geodude that used self-destruct.
Other than those though, I never use my master ball, mostly just because I haven't felt the need to. All the pokemon within the game, were for me at least, easy to handle.
And while it is a rare commodity, it is still up to people to use it for themselves. My personal life policy is that is always good to have a backup, and a master ball is the ultimate back up.

Aetius

Nope. Diancie & Hoopa were the other two. Right now the focus is still on Bank. When these legendaries come out, there will be lots of updates all around. You won't miss it, I'm sure.

Oh, I see.
Thanks anyway! :D
I just can't wait to complete the Kalos dex with those three and national dex with the Pokè bank, even though I won't be able to do that considering that I don't have Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys and Meloetta. :(

agent mulder

Ok, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to get a shiny mewtwo in the pokémon village? I have fallen in love with Shiny Mega Mewtwo-Y (it reminds me of the x-files aliens :p) and I'd be totally committed to SRing from a shiny one if it could be confirmed that he isn't shiny locked like Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to get a shiny mewtwo in the pokémon village? I have fallen in love with Shiny Mega Mewtwo-Y (it reminds me of the x-files aliens :p) and I'd be totally committed to SRing from a shiny one if it could be confirmed that he isn't shiny locked like Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde.

It seems to be shiny-locked, though with Bank out, you can send a shiny Mewtwo from Gen V and Mega Evolve that.

Onyxsbayne

Not that Crazy
I don't suppose anyone else has had a problem with legendaries on Free Battles? I took a whole squadron of legends onto Free Battle, and for whatever reason, my favorite Darkrai can't go onto battles, (I get the message, "There was a problem with your participating Pokemon"). My others, like Keldeo and Mew all got on, just not this one Darkrai. Anyone else have this problem?

Onyxsbayne

Not that Crazy
Not on Free Battles. As long as you aren't using duplicate Pokemon or items, anything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.