• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I'll quote myself, since no one answered my question. If the answer is no, it would just be nice to get some clarity.

There's nothing new to release. We got their typings, [parts of] their movesets, signature moves and at least a vague idea of base stats when the Pokémon themselves were discovered. What more are you waiting for in this capacity?

rocky505

The only thing remaining about them is the entirety of their movesets. Well they could possibly have some event like Diancie does when you obtain it.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Dreis

One could make a reasonable assumption that the next (either Hoopa or Volcanion) will be shown as a teaser at the end of the Diance movie. Wether they will then follow through and release detailed information is anyones guess.

Crystalline_3

Why are there very little Legendaries in X & Y? In comparison the Sinnoh region had about 13 if I'm not mistaken. Why? What are your thoughts on this?

Also, why isn't Diancie in the Legendary Pokemon page for the X & Y games?

Maybe if someone hacked the game's code we'd find information on soon to be revealed Legendaries? IDK.

Gampi

ガンピ
Why are there very little Legendaries in X & Y? In comparison the Sinnoh region had about 13 if I'm not mistaken. Why? What are your thoughts on this?

Maybe if someone hacked the game's code we'd find information on soon to be revealed Legendaries? IDK.

I'm not fussed about the small amount of legends in Gen VI, because it's not really the smallest pool of legends we've had so far. Gen I had only 5.

Also, people have already hacked X&Y and found Volcanion and Hoopa, but not much past their Pokédex entries, height, weight and signature moves have been revealed. As far as I'm aware, Datel has yet to make a code to get them appear in-game.

bushie

there were too many legends in sinnoh. in my opinion. i was satisfied with the overall number in kalos including the unrealesed yet

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I think GF realized that some of the legendaries are unnecessary and are just a waste of dex space (most specifically, Manaphione). Also, if I'm not mistaken, the purpose of Mega-evolution is to bring some Pokemon into the same level as Legendaries.

I'm actually okay with just the main mortality trio since they are the most important figures in Kalos' mythology.
Regarding Sinnoh, it had too much legendaries. It would've been fine with just the Creation trio, Lake Trio, and Arceus.

Most of the legends we have are unnecessary. Some are just for gimmicks, and some are just there to follow a trend.

Reactions: LLR

BCVM22

"Unnecessary" as Legendaries go is the textbook definition of subjective. Aside from the titular Legendaries, what makes any of the rest necessary or unnecessary?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
"Unnecessary" as Legendaries go is the textbook definition of subjective. Aside from the titular Legendaries, what makes any of the rest necessary or unnecessary?

Exactly, I'd characterize the Lake Trio as "Unnecessary" before the Lunar duo.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I dunno if unnecessary is indeed the correct term. Perhaps "unneeded" or "shouldn't have been made to begin with"? But yes, it is subjective.

I just think that legendaries that actually play an important role in the region's mythology should be on the Dex. Lati@s for example. Movie aside, what is their connection to Hoenn? The games never bothered to explain the legend behind them. Manaphy and Phione, spin-off and movie aside, what is their role in the game?

PearlDex

I dunno if unnecessary is indeed the correct term. Perhaps "unneeded" or "shouldn't have been made to begin with"?

I feel like those mean mostly the same thing... I wouldn't mind some of the legendary extras if they were given some context. I love Latios, actually, but I agree that it completely comes out of left field. Besides being a unique type, it contributed nothing to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. Now, if they re-make R/S/E and they give Latios and Latias a bit of story, that changes things. I love when the "event items" unlock some story related to the legend you get to capture. I wish they would use that more often than they do - and make the side-story a bit longer.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I dunno if unnecessary is indeed the correct term. Perhaps "unneeded" or "shouldn't have been made to begin with"? But yes, it is subjective.

I just think that legendaries that actually play an important role in the region's mythology should be on the Dex. Lati@s for example. Movie aside, what is their connection to Hoenn? The games never bothered to explain the legend behind them. Manaphy and Phione, spin-off and movie aside, what is their role in the game?

I can't say I agree with that. Not every legend has to be completely tied to the region it's in, for instance you can have a mythological creature that's not distinctly tied to Greece or Egypt in their respective mythologies but they aren't necessarily irrelevant, just not connected specifically to that region. What matters is their roles in the stories they play a part in, and personally I feel we have many more great examples of that in those like the Regis and the Lunar Duo then we do have negative examples like Phione.

So personally I don't think quantity is necessarily a negative, quality can be maintained despite the number, it's just a matter of the execution regardless of how many you have.

Last edited:

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool

You do realize that Kalos had a smaller number of overall pokemon right so it would make sense that we wouldn't have as much legendaries as previous generations.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Probably because a lot of people complained about the amount of Legendary Pokémon in Gens IV and V, and so Game Freak listened to the criticism.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
They really should have saved the Swords of Justice for Kalos. I mean The Three Musketeers were French anyways!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
They really should have saved the Swords of Justice for Kalos. I mean The Three Musketeers were French anyways!

Part of me agrees, if only to balance the "scale" of distribution between the two Gens, but then the other part of me likes the "melting pot" theme that they used for Unova's Legendary Pokémon; particularly in regards to how they synced it to the Starters' respective motifs (Snivy/the Swords are French, Tepig/the Dragons are Chinese, and Oshawott/the Kami are Japanese).

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Part of me agrees, if only to balance the "scale" of distribution between the two Gens, but then the other part of me likes the "melting pot" theme that they used for Unova's Legendary Pokémon; particularly in regards to how they synced it to the Starters' respective motifs (Snivy/the Swords are French, Tepig/the Dragons are Chinese, and Oshawott/the Kami are Japanese).

I didn't even realize the starters were biracial. You learn something new everyday!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Probably because a lot of people complained about the amount of Legendary Pokémon in Gens IV and V, and so Game Freak listened to the criticism.

What if GameFreak intentionally held back on the number because they thought they wouldn't be able to execute more legendaries properly?

Eh, Taodragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.