• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
XY RAM dump, finished yesterday.

That's how we have the complete move index list.

Ahh, I gotcha'. Well. It'll be neat if this brings something interesting.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It doesn't look like anyone else has bought this up yet, but Bulbapedia just updated their list of moves article and it lists two Ground type moves called Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, both of them have 10PP, 90 power and 100% accuracy. Zygarde signature moves?

What's curious is that they share the same stats as Land's Wrath, in that they're both physical contact-making Ground-type moves with 90 bp and 100 acc that target all opposing Pokémon within range.

I'm guessing that they'll do something like having Thousand Waves replace Land's Wrath as a level-up move in X^2, and having Thousand Arrows replace Land's Wrath as a level-up move in Y^2.

Gampi

ガンピ
Hoopa and Volcanion's data [minus moves and Dex entries] have been added to the Serebii Pokédex.

Oh dear, Hoopa is a just a slower Gengar with a better physical attack stat and Magician. Honestly thought it would be getting Prankster but whatever.

Volcanion is built as a bulky attacker and has Water Absorb, so I assume it will see a lot of use on mono-Fire teams because of this.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I've only just noticed this, but none of the Kalos legendaries are particularly fast, with none of them even hitting the 100 base speed.

Gampi

ガンピ
Yeah. The Kalos legends are slow. It's sort of sad, but then you realize how good Diancie is in Trick Room, even if it is a little slow even with it active.

I neglected to mention that Hoopa is 4x weak to both Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak.

NU confirmed.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I didn't like Hoopa really. It's a weird Pokémon overall. First I thought that "Good, there are only 3 Legends in X and Y" but later when 3 more came, I got dissapointed.. :(

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Hoopa and Volcanion's data [minus moves and Dex entries] have been added to the Serebii Pokédex.

Oh dear, Hoopa is a just a slower Gengar with a better physical attack stat and Magician. Honestly thought it would be getting Prankster but whatever.

Volcanion is built as a bulky attacker and has Water Absorb, so I assume it will see a lot of use on mono-Fire teams because of this.
You would think it would get the Prankster ability since that's what it could be based on but no.

Mye

Someone has to win..
More importantly shnivy is that it's 4x weak to pursuit, making it easily trappable by anything with 80+ attack. Unless hoopa gets an amazing movepool (a special ghost-typed acrobatics perhaps?) this thing will get killed in every tier.

Haven't decided on volcanion yet. On one hand, its stats and typing pair incredibly well with a plethoria of pokemon (ludicolo and grass rotom being the better ones). On the other hand, that low Spdef stat and speed make it vulnerable to the same things that gyarados is. Depending on movepool, it could be in UU/BL. Doubt it will be in OU unless it has some obscenely good physical fire/water attacks.

Gampi

ガンピ
More importantly shnivy is that it's 4x weak to pursuit, making it easily trappable by anything with 80+ attack. Unless hoopa gets an amazing movepool (a special ghost-typed acrobatics perhaps?) this thing will get killed in every tier.

Haven't decided on volcanion yet. On one hand, its stats and typing pair incredibly well with a plethoria of pokemon (ludicolo and grass rotom being the better ones). On the other hand, that low Spdef stat and speed make it vulnerable to the same things that gyarados is. Depending on movepool, it could be in UU/BL. Doubt it will be in OU unless it has some obscenely good physical fire/water attacks.
I forgot about Pursuit, which is why I didn't mention it. Thanks for reminding me. Poor Hoopa is going to have a bad time in competitive play.

Volcanion gets Flare Blitz, which is the most powerful STAB physical move it gets. None of the existing physical Water moves make sense for Volcanion to have, well except Waterfall. It also has Steam Eruption, which is just Hydro Pump with 95% accuracy and a chance to burn. I'm assuming bulky/mixed attacker Volcanion will be the norm.

EDIT: Additional info on Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. Thousand Waves traps those who it hits and Thousand Arrows hits levitating/flying Pokémon while also knocking them down to the ground. If these aren't Zygarde's sequel signature moves then I don't know what are.

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ
It's been a while since I last checked the news here and now ...what?!
Additional info on the event Pokemon and Zygarde?

... Okay. Just someone fill me in. What happened?!

A few days ago the RAM dump of X and Y was completed. Also Serebii updated the Pokédex and Attackdex.

Gampi

ガンピ
So, let me guess... thousand arrows, thousand waves and volcanion and hoopa... why do I get that sequel feeling again?

And what about the Strange Souvenir? Or AZ's Floette? Any news on them?

AZ's Floette has been confirmed for two months now. I haven't heard anything about the Strange Souvenir, presumably it doesn't unlock anything special in X and Y.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
AZ's Floette has been confirmed for two months now. I haven't heard anything about the Strange Souvenir, presumably it doesn't unlock anything special in X and Y.

Which makes me wonder why the heck they put it in the game. It doesn't make sense to put a useless item in any game. I hoped that with the complete dump of the games, its mystery would be solved.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've only just noticed this, but none of the Kalos legendaries are particularly fast, with none of them even hitting the 100 base speed.

To be fair, base 99 for Xerneas/Yveltal is actually not that slow, and faster than every previous box legendary aside from Lugia and Palkia, who are the only two box legendaries to even reach base 100 or more. That's outspeeding a good chunk of other Ubers with that already, so I think it's decent speed for an Uber. That said, the other legendaries don't really seem to have Uber-worthy stat distribution either.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
thousand arrows sounds cools if only because it sounds like it hits flying types

I have been seeing people say that it does, but that doesn't make sense to me - sure, it's effect says that it hits airborne Pokémon (e.g. Golurk using Fly), but aren't Flying-types inherently immune to Ground-type attacks anyway?

Gampi

ガンピ
I have been seeing people say that it does, but that doesn't make sense to me - sure, it's effect says that it hits airborne Pokémon (e.g. Golurk using Fly), but aren't Flying-types inherently immune to Ground-type attacks anyway?

It probably acts like Freeze-Dry/a permanent Ring Target and defies the type chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.