• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo/Game Freak found a way to make more money by making sequels instead of the usual "third version". I don't think we are going back to the three game format anytime soon.

Yea, they did. But that doesn't mean they will continue it.

They've known they can sell two of the same game with small added features it's been that way since it's creation. They would have done it a long time ago if they were doing it purely for money.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Yea, they did. But that doesn't mean they will continue it.

They've known they can sell two of the same game with small added features it's been that way since it's creation. They would have done it a long time ago if they were doing it purely for money.

But I was simply stating it as an opinion.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I don't. I'm stating it as an opinion. (Didn't think I'd need to elaborate)
It makes no sense to have the "squares". Z makes sense if anything.

If you were to suggest that "Pokémon Gray" would be Black 2 and White 2 back before their reveal, the same line would've been thrown at you as well because it went against what was established before. Same to a lesser extent if you suggested the RSE remakes would be skipped over for the next generation.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" doesn't mean it's impossible or illogical, the previous generation shown that GF is willing to do something different. Plus, we do know that there are two moves programmed in that follow the same thematic, similar to Kyurem back in Black and White, which could hint at two forms for Zygarde and thus two different games. So ultimately, there could be a "X[SUP]2[/SUP] and Y[SUP]2[/SUP]" or some equivalent.

If you were to suggest that "Pokémon Gray" would be Black 2 and White 2 back before their reveal, the same line would've been thrown at you as well because it went against what was established before. Same to a lesser extent if you suggested the RSE remakes would be skipped over for the next generation.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" doesn't mean it's impossible or illogical, the previous generation shown that GF is willing to do something different. Plus, we do know that there are two moves programmed in that follow the same thematic, which could hint at two forms for Zygarde and thus two different games. So ultimately, there could be a "X[SUP]2[/SUP] and Y[SUP]2[/SUP]" or some equivalent.

I'm not saying it's impossible, however it is illogical. But if BW2 had never happened, people would not be thinking X[sup]2[/sup] Y[sup]2[/sup] are even remotely a possibility. And just because there was a change in the usual format doesn't mean it will continue.

X&Y represent the X&Y axis of a 3D plane. Which makes since for a game on the 3DS.
X[sup]2[/sup] & Y[sup]2[/sup] have nothing to do with a 3D plane. It just would make no sense (to me) to have X[sup]2[/sup] & Y[sup]2[/sup]

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
It seems to me that Zygarde's name is based on En garde, French for "on guard"; spoken at outset to warn the participants of a fencing match or duel to take a defensive position. Which could possibly suggest that Zygarde is getting possible new offensive forme(s)/Mega Evolutions. If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special. Also Zygarde's stats are more defense oriented and not to mention incredibly underwhelming for a legendary Pokemon. This makes me think that it will be receiving two Mega Evolutions instead of Forme changes since Mega Evolutions significantly boost stats way more than forme changes. Now one of the Mega Evolutions will significantly boost it's attack and speed while the other will boost it's special attack and speed. This just gives off that B2/W2 sequel vibe agin but idk.

However these are just my opinions and at the end of the day just pure speculation.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
It seems to me that Zygarde's name is based on En garde, French for "on guard"; spoken at outset to warn the participants of a fencing match or duel to take a defensive position. Which could possibly suggest that Zygarde is getting possible new offensive forme(s)/Mega Evolutions. If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special. Also Zygarde's stats are more defense oriented and not to mention incredibly underwhelming for a legendary Pokemon. This makes me think that it will be receiving two Mega Evolutions instead of Forme changes since Mega Evolutions significantly boost stats way more than forme changes. Now one of the Mega Evolutions will significantly boost it's attack and speed while the other will boost it's special attack and speed. This just gives off that B2/W2 sequel vibe agin but idk.

However these are just my opinions and at the end of the day just pure speculation.

Exactly. Given how Mega Evolutions are important to the gameplay AND story, it's highly possible we get Mega Evolutions instead of Formes this time. But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.

Also, I have this feeling that we may get a dual third version instead of sequels, but with a new story occuring simultaneously with that of X and Y, in a new region. The storyline will somehow have an effect on X/Y's storyline and may explain Lysandre's disappearance. And the versions are going to be called XZ and YZ. It will be really unique if they pull it off this way.

diakyu

Exactly. Given how Mega Evolutions are important to the gameplay AND story, it's highly possible we get Mega Evolutions instead of Formes this time. But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.
I think it's safe to say he was only talking in reference to X and Y.

Bus

I'm not saying it's impossible, however it is illogical. But if BW2 had never happened, people would not be thinking X[sup]2[/sup] Y[sup]2[/sup] are even remotely a possibility. And just because there was a change in the usual format doesn't mean it will continue.

X&Y represent the X&Y axis of a 3D plane. Which makes since for a game on the 3DS.
X[sup]2[/sup] & Y[sup]2[/sup] have nothing to do with a 3D plane. It just would make no sense (to me) to have X[sup]2[/sup] & Y[sup]2[/sup]

I hate to go all 'math' on this, but X2 and Y2 are specific equations for a line, I dont think they'd go with that. X itself was a horizontal line, Y was vertical, but X2 and Y2 are parabolas. They'd probably go Z for the Z-axis. Of course, if they're done being clever, they could just pull a Pokemon Black/White and just do X-2 or Y-2 (to have it as a 'squared' subscript though wouldn't make sense because its no longer representing a dimension on the 3D plane but a specific line on a graph).

Gampi

ガンピ
I must admit, Volcanion has quite a diverse movepool. This thing will likely be UU/BL at most, and possibly have a small niche in OU. Not so much can be said about Hoopa, either that or its general weakness to everything/mediocre speed is clouding my judgement.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
EDIT: Additional info on Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. Thousand Waves traps those who it hits and Thousand Arrows hits levitating/flying Pokémon while also knocking them down to the ground. If these aren't Zygarde's sequel signature moves then I don't know what are.

Thousand Arrows sounds amazing. If the theory about mega evolution for Zygarde is true then I assume that, considering their effects, the forme with Thousand Arrows is Mega Zygarde X so the one with Thousand Waves is Mega Zygarde Y.

Regarding the name, I hope it's ZX/ZY personally which is still a coordinate on a graph, but one on a 3D graph.

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
or we could get something else like Z1 and Z2 for the sake of not messing with the coordinate plane talk of X and Y. or they could go the genetics route and just use X2Y2 but who knows. the fact that there are two signature moves does make me think there will be two versions but technically it could just be a single secondary installment that either has 2 new formes for zygarde or one new forme with two signature moves. it could go in any direction :p

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It's all very exciting. Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business but at least the main story would be enhanced.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
It's all very exciting. Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business but at least the main story would be enhanced.

exactly as well as post-game because in all honesty X and Y's post-game content heavily pushes competitive battling. the battle maison's supers are pretty difficult IMO and I don't think I could ever beat any of them with a casual in game team.
friend safari pokemon all have 2+ guaranteed perfect IV's perfect for breeding. etc. there's not much more than that but for those that want something more or those that simply don't play competitively, post-game stuff is basically non-existent bar the looker missions.

wherever route the secondary installment(s) take, It's an exciting thing just knowing it'll at least be improved in those terms. also makes me wonder if zygarde will be the only legendary with alt formes. as much as I love the idea behind kuurem's absofusion I really don't want zygarde to fuse with xerneas or yveltal lol. I doubt this would even be the case though.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.
Rule One: Masuda Lies

(to have it as a 'squared' subscript though wouldn't make sense because its no longer representing a dimension on the 3D plane but a specific line on a graph).
I really doubt that they would care that much.

or we could get something else like Z1 and Z2 for the sake of not messing with the coordinate plane talk of X and Y.
I've seen "Pokémon A and Pokémon Z" come up a lot.

Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business
Indeed. The BW sequels were a huge step forward from a worn-out and rather pointless model.

MADEinGR

2015: The year of Zygarde

Hello everyone !!

It's me again ...

As I wrote yesterday, 2015 will be the year of the legendary pokemon Zygarde. It will not only be the star of the 2015-pkmn movie, but it will also
be the mascot of the next paired games of the VI-generation: "Pokemon X[SUP]2[/SUP]" & "Pokemon Y[SUP]2[/SUP]"!!!

In my opinion, it makes sense for the next games to have these "bizzare" names...

That's why:
(This is my complete theory)
1. I absolutely agree with the fact that "Pokemon X" & "Pokemon Y" represent the X- & Y-axes...
2. But, could the next paired versions of the VI-generation have another deeper symbolism? A new symbolism, giving them the freshness of the originals!
3. Keep in mind that pokemon titles always have to do with the legendary pokemon they feature...
4. "X[SUP]2[/SUP]" is called "the square of X" or "X squared". Now, remember that the VI-generation is based upon Europe. In my own mother language (which is greek), "X[SUP]2[/SUP]" is also called "THE SECOND POWER OF X"!!!
5. Therefore, X[SUP]2[/SUP]=THE SECOND POWER OF X(=LIFE). The second power of life is represented by Zygarde's X[SUP]2[/SUP] secret form!!! The second-besides Xerneas-and the strongest one..., for the continuation of balance in the Kalos region ecosystem!!! A balance between life & destruction.
6. Also, [...] the second power of destruction is represented by Zygarde's Y[SUP]2[/SUP] secret forme!!!

Pokemon X[SUP]2[/SUP] and Pokemon Y[SUP]2[/SUP]
Enjoyment squared! - Excitement squared!

Thank you my friends!!!
I hope you enjoy playing Pokemon!!!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Yes, but the thing is they did happen, so there's now a precedence for them to potentially continue that. They can do sequels again and they do have the options to take advantage of that.

I can see that point, but theoretically they could still go with that theme as "squared" is involved in mathematics and could double as a "2." It may be odd for them to not go with Z, but it's not necessarily illogical.

I've seen "Pokémon A and Pokémon Z" come up a lot.

Admittedly I could see that due to AZ's name, the only thing is A isn't a coordinate (though it is used in mathematics).

I couldn't agree more, I'd much rather have sequels again, particularly since there's more you can do with the story there then with just an enhanced version.

Last edited:

Mokepon22

The thing with Zygarde is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves aren't in its level up moves(in its current forme) so the only way we would get them on it if is they are both move tutor moves in the next game

And this is why I think its getting 2 formes instead of Mega-evos, because we've seen move change with forme change, Glaciate to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, and Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves seem to replace Land's Wrath so I assume when it changes forme it changes moves as well

Mye

Someone has to win..
The thing with Zygarde is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves aren't in its level up moves(in its current forme) so the only way we would get them on it if is they are both move tutor moves in the next game

And this is why I think its getting 2 formes instead of Mega-evos, because we've seen move change with forme change, Glaciate to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, and Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves seem to replace Land's Wrath so I assume when it changes forme it changes moves as well

Don't forget deoxys/shaymin, with the former getting a plethoria of different moves by changing and the latter getting air slash instead of aromatherapy. After seeing all of this buildup, I'm starting to think zygarde will get a hyper-offensive form with similar stats to kyurem-b and a hyper-defensive form with stats similar to ferrothorn.

Rio!

Composer

I do agree about the argument possibly looking at at completely different formes versus mega-evolving.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special.

Well, personally I doubt it will be changed, so both will remain physical.

Which means both formes will have a Physical/Mixed preference in terms of offense, not pure Special, because if one of the two new formes is purely Special-based, then the Thousand moves will be kinda useless on it.....

Also, Thousand Waves, based on the description, doesn't really sounds (lol) like a sound move. It's just a wave, which doesn't always have to be sound-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.