• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Discuss and speculate about the Legendary Pokemon in Black 2 and White 2, including the new revealed Kyurem formes.

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Refrain from talking about the RS remakes!
Infractions are waiting for those who will continue to discuss RS remakes and inclusion of the Hoenn region in this game.
Discussion of the said topics are not allowed and will be considered SPAM.

Last edited:

R_N

So I mentioned this in the BW Legendary thread, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Kyurem's forms wind up with the two predominant stats replacing his current ones. So the Reshiram form gives him 150 Sp Attack & 120 Sp Defense, for example.
This bumps his BST to 710, which I honestly don't think is unreasonable considering the spread and the fact that the "original dragon" is supposed to be so strong.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
What's interesting about the Kyurem formes is that they look like Reshiram and Zekrom. What do you guys think is the story behind this? My first thought was "FUSION", but since this is Pokémon that probably isn't the case.

What's interesting about the Kyurem formes is that they look like Reshiram and Zekrom. What do you guys think is the story behind this? My first thought was "FUSION", but since this is Pokémon that probably isn't the case.

My guess is probably a time travel in the past where kyurem is still in his full dragon form. And you fight him (catch him) there. It would be awesome if we can travel from the past!

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
This is a very peculiar turn of events for pokemon games. Never has there been a part 2 of a game. So does this mean there will be no pokemon Gray? It would seem really weird for Game freak to rehash the same game so how in the world will part 2 be different from part 1? More importantly (and the reason this is in the legendary pokemon thread) how will the legendary pokemon be involved in the new story lines? In every generation the cross-over game gives the player access to all of the non-event legendary pokemon. So does this mean black/white 2 will each include Zekrom, Reshiram, Tornadus, and Thundurus, or will there still be version exclusive pokemon? Don't tell me that the only version exclusive pokemon will be Kyurem white/black, there has to be more variety to the games then that. Speaking of Kyurem white/black, what typing will it be? a Dragon/Ice, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric combo would make zero sense due to those typings already being in existence, so will the new Kyurem forms be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric? so much for legendary dragons then. It also looks like Kyurem doesnt have new "form" but rather Kyurem has the ability to fuse with the legendary dragons to create a new version of itself. My guess is tha the new story line will have the player hunt for their respective dragon and in order to beat N they will need to fuse with Kyurem to make their dragon stronger. Perhaps its the other way around, maybe N fuses his dragon with Kyurem to make it stronger and you are SOL in fighting him until you can catch your own Kyurem. If this si the case then this also means that, theoretically speculating that is, Kyurems original form might not be available in the upcoming game. This seems unlikely, but if it is a fusion then the base parts might become one and inseparable. Thats highly doubtable though since that would engender a lot of complaints and since the fusion (if it is indeed a fusion) would probably be the result of a held item. Persoanlly i find this to have the potential for a very interesting twist and im curious to see how Game Freak handles this situation

Kudos GF for the innovation and creativity. Way to keep the pokemon universe dynamic and ever changing even after 17 years!

Lineaire

I'm happy with the change but I always hate having to choose between two versions. xD;

It always seems like they add more and more legendaries for each game (don't mean combined, obviously there's more and more if you combine all the games)... and that can kind of make them feel less special to me but frankly... It would still be nice to get another legendary or two for the sequels. xDD Always nice to see new designs.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
This is a very peculiar turn of events for pokemon games. Never has there been a part 2 of a game. So does this mean there will be no pokemon Gray?
Well they're quite clearly not going to release two sequels of BW and the traditional 'third game' because that would be silly. So yes, B2 and W2 are the 'Grey' of this Generation.
It would seem really weird for Game freak to rehash the same game so how in the world will part 2 be different from part 1? More importantly (and the reason this is in the legendary pokemon thread) how will the legendary pokemon be involved in the new story lines? In every generation the cross-over game gives the player access to all of the non-event legendary pokemon. So does this mean black/white 2 will each include Zekrom, Reshiram, Tornadus, and Thundurus, or will there still be version exclusive pokemon?
Given the fact that there are two games, there are likely to be version exclusives (and hence version exclusive legendaries) as that gives people the incentive to either buy both games if they want all the legendaries, or to force them to trade with friends for the missing Pokemon.

I'm happy with the change but I always hate having to choose between two versions. xD;

It always seems like they add more and more legendaries for each game (don't mean combined, obviously there's more and more if you combine all the games)... and that can kind of make them feel less special to me but frankly... It would still be nice to get another legendary or two for the sequels. xDD Always nice to see new designs.
The most we'll get in terms of more legendary Pokemon are more forms, and we've now already got two new Kyurem forms, and Meleotta will make an appearance in the games with her other form as well. Also, don't forget that Meleotta, Keldeo and Genesect, the three Pokemon that were completely unavailable (legally) will more likely than not be catchable through an event in the games.

i like dewey911p's theory it kinda makes sense though

well i thought of a similar theory as well but...idk though:
Kyurem is the "shell" of the original dragon pokemon of the Tao trio right? maybe instead of getting Zekrom/Reshiram before you fight N, Kyurem comes in and takes in/absorbs One of the dragons inside of him(i think it depends on the version) trying to complete its "emptiness" from the said "splitting" of the original dragon and becomes White/Black Kyurem AND instead of getting the original black and white legendary mascot You get Kyurem in his new forme and inorder to get a Zekrom/Reshiram independently you need to Trade one from the original Black and White games...

i wonder what would he's entrance be??? i think it'll maybe enter the castle like a meteor like from the legend on how the giant chasm was created...

BUT SINCE THIS IS A SEQUEL..... i doubt my theory will happen....I dont know im kinda debating if they really said that they are planning to make a sequel OR this is Just A REVAMPED Black and White version with a story change and Kyurem as the legendary mascot.

Last edited:

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I noticed that Reshiram and Zekrom switched places. Reshiram is now in White, and Zekrom is now in Black.

I think the reason for this is that they want players to choose the same 'color' as before and at the same time get a different legendary.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
I noticed that Reshiram and Zekrom switched places. Reshiram is now in White, and Zekrom is now in Black.

I think the reason for this is that they want players to choose the same 'color' as before and at the same time get a different legendary.

I was thinking that it might be because N's dragon is used to unlock Kyurem's form. Say you played White, you captured Zekrom and N got Reshiram. Therefore in White 2, Kyurem/Reshiram is on the cover because it has to do with N's Reshiram (and vice versa for Black).

pela

I want Kyurem to kill the dragons because they were always fighting which brought problems to Unova, then Kyurem separated itself into two pokemon, and each one possesses the carcasses of the dragons and that's how the "fusion" came to be.
However it's more realistic to think that Kyurem only possessed them to stop the fighting since pokemon is a game aimed for kids.

Last edited:

O.J. da Juiceman

I personally don't believe that either of these new forms are the 'original dragon' but more or less something that's halfway there. They look incomplete, and I think that's on purpose. Perhaps of kyurem is holding the light stone it turns into the kyuram and vice versa with the dark stone. God stone creates the original, complete dragon. Would make sense with the whole taoism element as well, the combination of yin, yang, and wuji. The final dragon would be taiji or 'supreme ultimate'.

I highly doubt These formes are the original dragons

Because both Formes Lack THE OTHER Legendary to make Kyurem/original Dragon Complete

there kinda like 65%(Kyurems new Formes) complete because they are missing the other 35%(the Othe Legendary Dragon)

^^^^this.
Also why would they rejoin after the events of BW2 when one of the dragons is with N

Maybe The Protagonist Set free the Dragon he/she Caught in between BW1 and BW2 though and that led to a number of events on Kyurem Searching His "PARTS" inorder to become whole....maybe thats why he's been getting humans and pokemons like in the legend in that town, it maybe because he isnt hungry it maybe because his finding his "PARTS" and doesnt know what those "PARTS" Look like...

jsust theorizing again >>

Any one else think there will be a 4th, Perfect version of Kyurem that has both Reshiram and Zekrom(the complete dragon referenced in B/W)?

Either do the theory of absorbtion, like was suggested above, or perhaps we have it backwards, and Kyurem appears as a Perfect form initially, where N meets it, uses his orb to spereate Zekrom/Reshiram from the Kyurem(creating the half-kyurem we see), then you use your orb to get the other dragon(normal), or in this case simply catch the partly-complete kyurem, or something.

Regardless, I don't think it's fair to rule out a fourth Perfect Kyurem form.

pela

Any one else think there will be a 4th, Perfect version of Kyurem that has both Reshiram and Zekrom(the complete dragon referenced in B/W)?

Either do the theory of absorbtion, like was suggested above, or perhaps we have it backwards, and Kyurem appears as a Perfect form initially, where N meets it, uses his orb to spereate Zekrom/Reshiram from the Kyurem(creating the half-kyurem we see), then you use your orb to get the other dragon(normal), or in this case simply catch the partly-complete kyurem, or something.

Yeah someone else touched on that possibility. It would probably be insanely powerful. If they do that though I hope they make a new design and not just combine them all in a digimon manner.

MOST likely They would'nt do that. Why bother create another form for kyurem as he already have new ones. That would mean the ORIGINAL dragon would be unstoppable and would go on a rampage (Storywise game mechanics i duno) because of the fact that team Plasma, N, and you the protagonist are trying to get the original dragon for your own needs, depends on the dragon if he would go on a rampage or choose one of the three to stop the madness.IF the Memories of the 3 Dragons (from the past up till now(BW1 & BW2)) would retain in the original and sees that the fighting has never stop it may go on a rampage.

It may be insanely Powerful but it wont be Godlike though.....

i didi not effin understand what i wrote....

I personally think it isn't fused...I think since in the game it says Zekrom and Reshiram ''used to '' be one
So that's how Kyurem formed: when they left! Also, if theirs both maybe Kyurem has a special power to be Controlling and being part of another since it was ''one'' with Reshiram and Kyurem...Also, Black and White Kyurems will be the first ice/Electric or Ice/Fire! Well, at least I think...

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
These formes got me thinking about the ultimate dragon which is talked in legend. As some have said before me, is there yet another dragon which is the ultimate dragon which is even more powerful than White and Black Kyurem. However, I thought of something else which might provide some discussion.

What if Black and White Kyurem are infact both the ultimate dragon? What I mean is that in the legend of the ultimate dragon are they in fact talking about both dragons? For example, it is like two tribes seeing one dragon each and then in some way they come up with the same story. Both tribes then presume that they are talking about the same dragon in the Unova region and this ultimate dragon legend is formed but there is in fact two dragons!

These formes got me thinking about the ultimate dragon which is talked in legend. As some have said before me, is there yet another dragon which is the ultimate dragon which is even more powerful than White and Black Kyurem. However, I thought of something else which might provide some discussion.

What if Black and White Kyurem are infact both the ultimate dragon? What I mean is that in the legend of the ultimate dragon are they in fact talking about both dragons? For example, it is like two tribes seeing one dragon each and then in some way they come up with the same story. Both tribes then presume that they are talking about the same dragon in the Unova region and this ultimate dragon legend is formed but there is in fact two dragons!

that, that actually would make sense...
but they also Said that BOTH Zekrom and Reshiram were ONE ANd when they Splitted into TWO Kyurem the Dragons Shell came into being

EDIT:

The theory would be also impossible because they werent two tribes they were two brothers that either Forced or pleaded the original dragon to seperate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.