• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Looks more like a left/ right split to me but I agree. Reshiram has its right side Kyurem'd and Zekrom has Kyurem fused to its left side. Which kinda seems to add up what with reshiram and zekrom meant to have split from one dragon. Maybe we will see this one dragon.

This=mind blown. How come I never saw this, yes you are both correct, upon closer inspection it does look like that happened. Hopefully we do get to see the "epic dragon". Maybe it will be shown in a cut scene splitting apart before you battle your rival, and in order to get that one dragon you will need to have both of these guys.

WolfSpirit456

Looks more like a left/ right split to me but I agree. Reshiram has its right side Kyurem'd and Zekrom has Kyurem fused to its left side. Which kinda seems to add up what with reshiram and zekrom meant to have split from one dragon. Maybe we will see this one dragon.
I'm thinking the dragon is Kyurem. Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look like two of the dragons merged together (Kyurem + Zekrom and Kyurem + Reshiram respectively) Maybe Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are how Reshiram and Zekrom first looked when they split apart.

Last edited:

algeya

I have a theory on how to get those two new pokemons
2012-02-28.jpg

I think in the games there will be two Kyurems. You will be able to interact with both in each, but only be able to catch one. Kind of like in black and white 1

Josiah

is your favorite
You're not the only one who dislikes them. It really seems as if Game Freak, and Nintendo, jumped the shark. It was evident that design ingenuity has declined. With these new "forms", however, it's become blatantly obvious. They look like some 12-year-old learned how to use Photoshop.

I really hope these are just incomplete forms. If they are, though, it just raises more questions. I hope for more info soon. I'm curious as to where this goes. Hopefully this goes to a pleasant surprise, and not a let down.
Oh hush.

You can't jump the shark on something as subjective as appearance. You and IGN have the same problem, attempting to frame your own taste as fact. There have been outlandish, plain, cutesy, badass, (a million other adjectives) Pokemon since the start. If you can't recognize that, you should just leave the discussion. Feel free to say you don't like them, but don't declare this the tipping point of their creativity.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I think in the games there will be two Kyurems. You will be able to interact with both in each, but only be able to catch one. Kind of like in black and white 1

I don't see how it's possible to interact with them both when they're the same Pokemon. If they're formes, then one can only become itself when Kyurem changes/transforms/holds an item/etc. We will most likely see Kyurem-B in one game, and Kyurem-W in the other, respectively, both playing a similar role if not the same role.

Paralititan

Reshiram and Zekrom were once one single dragon. Kyurem came from a meteor.

So it's unlikely that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are parts of the single super dragon. I mean, if Reshiram and Zekrom were a single dragon and Kyurem's origin is something different, why would the two parts look like Kyurem?

They look like fusions, though I hope that isn't true. I don't like the idea of fusion pokemon.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
More importantly on the halves theory, its pretty obvious that the other side of the face is hidden for a reason. Something tells me they're gonna be much closer to Kyurem's face then what we see.
As for how we obtain the Pokemon, and why they look as so, the black white stones might be the key. The Pokemon themselves were contained in them, and if they were indeed released back into the wild, perhaps they were returned to the stones. More so, if Kyurem's dex entry is to believed, and he devours soul's, something tells me that's gonna be how we are going to change his forms. Use the god stone to return him to full Kyurem forme, then if we want the respective form we whip out the black/white stone. The tails are enough to consider this, like it latched itself onto them.

I don't see how it's possible to interact with them both when they're the same Pokemon. If they're formes, then one can only become itself when Kyurem changes/transforms/holds an item/etc. We will most likely see Kyurem-B in one game, and Kyurem-W in the other, respectively, both playing a similar role if not the same role.

One would be in one forme, the other would be in the other. One N would own, one you would own. Kind of like what happens in Black and White 1 with Reshiram and Zekrom

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Reshiram and Zekrom were once one single dragon. Kyurem came from a meteor.

So it's unlikely that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are parts of the single super dragon. I mean, if Reshiram and Zekrom were a single dragon and Kyurem's origin is something different, why would the two parts look like Kyurem?

They look like fusions, though I hope that isn't true. I don't like the idea of fusion pokemon.

Rem's origins is still not clear. But considering he is the third dragon and follows the pattern of the other two, it's safe to assume that he was also a part of the original dragon (or what's left of it according to the popular, more logical theory).

The forms look like Rem and Ram/Rom, respectively, because of how they are connected. I doubt those are complete forms, though. It's uncertain if we will ever see the original dragon.

I still think the respective stones will be key to obtaining these forms. Like mitchman said. It may be that Rem just absorbs the energies from the respective stones and gains the powers of Rom/Ram.

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
Maybe kyurem is a parasitic alien ice.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One would be in one forme, the other would be in the other. One N would own, one you would own. Kind of like what happens in Black and White 1 with Reshiram and Zekrom

I thought these games were direct sequels, and as a result, N's role would be over and we'd have a new antagonist character. But I think your theory still works; the playable characters will most likely capture one of Kyurem's new forms and the antagonist character will capture the other form. It's not very original, but Game Freak likes to repeat itself, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they decide to do. I just hope that Black Kyurem and White Kyurem can revert back to normal Kyurem at some point in the games.

I get the feeling that Kyurem's two formes will not be able to switch, but you catch it how it is. For example you can get black Kyurem in Black 2 then trade it to white 2 and it will still stay black. Same with White. Also in Black 2, N will get another Kyurem which is white Kyurem, and in White 2 N will get black Kyurem. I think these two formes are completely different Pokemon if you understand what I am saying.

Also I'm a bit disappointed that the covers aren't reversed again. I got Black last time, so I wanna get White 2 this time, but I'll be stuck with White Kyurem even though I already have a Reshiram.

edit: To the above poster. I'm still sticking with the theory these games are just a third version and the "2" is added because they want to still associate it with black and white.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
More importantly on the halves theory, its pretty obvious that the other side of the face is hidden for a reason. Something tells me they're gonna be much closer to Kyurem's face then what we see.

The faces are still quite close to Kyurem's, but I think the left side of both the forms will be more similar to Kyurem, because Kyurem's more complete on the left side of it's body that the other.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Still wonder on what level the forms will be at? Seems like a small detail but I don't know how it'll be at a "low" level of 52 if it will be a "fusion" of two Pokemons. Ehh, I always use a master ball on the Cover Mascot anyway, but it might be a harder battle for those who don't.

-Kyurem-

BW2 FTW!
Still wonder on what level the forms will be at? Seems like a small detail but I don't know how it'll be at a "low" level of 52 if it will be a "fusion" of two Pokemons. Ehh, I always use a master ball on the Cover Mascot anyway, but it might be a harder battle for those who don't.

Well, it depends on how far into the game you hit them. In all of the newer games, we see the cover pokemon around gym 5 or 6. But in Emerald we didn't hit Rayquaza until later (or at least I didn't). Maybe we'll see them at level 70, maybe we'll see them at level 52. I don't know, but I hope that it's not 47. That was just ridiculous.

Now, to answer your comment... I'm going to predict level 55-60 and around the 6 - 7 gym.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Well, it depends on how far into the game you hit them. In all of the newer games, we see the cover pokemon around gym 5 or 6. But in Emerald we didn't hit Rayquaza until later (or at least I didn't). Maybe we'll see them at level 70, maybe we'll see them at level 52. I don't know, but I hope that it's not 47. That was just ridiculous.

Now, to answer your comment... I'm going to predict level 55-60 and around the 6 - 7 gym.

I definitely do not want themat 47. Still needed to grind Groudon/Kyogre to make them last in the E4. I don't see us facing them at around the 6th or 7th gym, though. Seems a bit too early but idk.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
When thinking about the two formes and the two new titles, I had to question: What came first, the two formes or the two titles? Did GF make the story revolve around the two formes, thus, conveniently making two sequels, or did they want to make two sequels and fit the story to their marketing strategy?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

RSE, DPPt, and HGSS all had their box legends directly before Gym 8. BW had them just for the last two battles.

I definitely do not want themat 47. Still needed to grind Groudon/Kyogre to make them last in the E4. I don't see us facing them at around the 6th or 7th gym, though. Seems a bit too early but idk.

I played through Sapphire recently and swept the E4 with nothing but a Lv. 58 Broseidon.

On a completely different note, what do you think they're going to do with Giant Chasm? Will we encounter Kyurem there, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.