• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I don't know because the story says that they separated because the two founders of Unova fighted about the way the region should work.

So how does these formes of kyurem fit into the legend, it is all a bit strange to me that the legend doesn't mention these two pokemon at all (and as serebii stated in the news post, masuda listed them as separate pokemon).

Bringing myself back to the dual legend point I made. Maybe the separation was of Zekrom and Kyurem and Reshiam and Zyurem, and infact this is another part of a dual legend which has somehow made itself into one.

pela

So how does these formes of kyurem fit into the legend, it is all a bit strange to me that the legend doesn't mention these two pokemon at all (and as serebii stated in the news post, masuda listed them as separate pokemon).

Bringing myself back to the dual legend point I made. Maybe the separation was of Zekrom and Kyurem and Reshiam and Zyurem, and infact this is another part of a dual legend which has somehow made itself into one.

Yeah I'm not sure about that, there was some controversy about if he actually meant two different pokemon or just forms. There's many ways they could do it. Given the big surprise they just gave us I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a huge unexpected curve ball at us.

Here is What i thought of

1. MAsuda may just be trolling us about these two as seperate pokemon

2. Your theory might be right and there is in fact two Dragons and both brothers split those two dragons

3. ANother THeory Could BE that BOTH the Protagonist and N's Dragon were absorbed by two kyurems meaning that The Single Shell Kyurem has divided itself into Two and tried to make themselves complete by absorbing the dragons

Last edited:

mey

More to believe that this two new formes are more of a new pokemon and not new formes.
As Masuda's said their different entity and when you look at the leaked new poster its seems that the three pokemon (kyurem, black kyu and white kyu) exist on the movie.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Oh this legend is bugging me so much. I'm trying to make sense of something we barely have any information about. Ode to Joy the speculation, it gets the brain working on this sunday morning :p.

Right, been thinking some more :p. In the legend, are they talking about zekrom and reshiram being owned by each of the brothers or are they talking about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem? I only reason I thought of this because they both have similar characteristics so there may be some confusion between the legend itself and the modern understanding of the legend.

If it was infact White Kyurem and Black kyurem that fought, isnt it possible that maybe, just maybe (maybe 0.0001% chance lol), that the original kyurem that we see in Giant Chasm in BW is infact the ultimate dragon but it is withered because these two formes (Black kyurem and White kyurem) was virtually ripped from it from the Brother's fighting.

Oh these theories are probably so wrong, but it is fun when you have a trail of thought and you follow it :D.

Oh this legend is bugging me so much. I'm trying to make sense of something we barely have any information about. Ode to Joy the speculation, it gets the brain working on this sunday morning :p.

Right, been thinking some more :p. In the legend, are they talking about zekrom and reshiram being owned by each of the brothers or are they talking about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem? I only reason I thought of this because they both have similar characteristics so there may be some confusion between the legend itself and the modern understanding of the legend.

If it was infact White Kyurem and Black kyurem that fought, isnt it possible that maybe, just maybe (maybe 0.0001% chance lol), that the original kyurem that we see in Giant Chasm in BW is infact the ultimate dragon but it is withered because these two formes (Black kyurem and White kyurem) was virtually ripped from it from the Brother's fighting.

Oh these theories are probably so wrong, but it is fun when you have a trail of thought and you follow it :D.

that would mean that there would be 5 Dragons

-Reshiram from White Kyurem
-Zekrom form Black Kyurem
-the other 2 Kyurems from those two ^
- ANd The Other Kyurem from the Giant Chasm.

AAAGHHH!!! alll the Possibilities!!! so much theories...

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Over a quater of posts so far are not three sentences as mentioned in the first post in this thread, guys. Please make sure you have a decent amount of content as 'I agree with this' or short sentences don't count and are boring to read too anyway.

Haunter ゴースト

Im curious on how Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem.

Does it fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom? Does it use the light and dark stones? Is it something else?

If it is something else im curious on how Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be in Kyurems formes.

I also can't wait to here the 'legend/myth' on the tao trio now, it seems like it's going to be complicated, given we already know 2 brothers fought with Reshiram and Zekrom, who eventually turned to stones and Kyurem came down from a giant meteor, I wonder how it's all going to connect.

Scaldaver

Limitless
My theory is that Kyurem, Resiram and Zekrom used to be the same Pokemon. Evidence for this is that they have similar typings, similar move list and the fact that Reshiram or Zekrom used to be the same Pokemon. Maybe Kyurem was also formed at this time, but went into hiding because there were only two twins?

TheMaster327

These formes are interesting. What I think is that the Kyurem and Reshiram forme is in Black 2, and Kyurem and Zekrom forme in White 2. The question is, where is the other dragon in each forme? I think I ought to become Troy McClure for a minute to say 'To believe the story of two Kyurem formes, you'd have to forget all about the one dragon stories in the first games, and that would be downright silly!' Unless the two new Kyurem formes can fuse again to create 'the one dragon', that would be believable...

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
So are Black 2 and White 2 going to be SEQUELS to Black/white, as in they carry on the story? If thats right then it will be so awesome :p

I wonder how Kyurem gets these formes. Could this link to the end of Black/white where N is said to be on another place or soming with a dragon type pokemon? I dont think so....

I think Kyurem absorbs Reshi/zekrom to become White/black kyurem.

And are they two new pokemon? cause apparently masuda listed them as separate pokemon. That would be a bit confusing. Maybe like someone else noted, Kyurem holds the light/dark stone and gets into this forme. Im guessing it will be able to use of its new sig moves (Cold flare and Freeze shock)

But what does the god stone do? :/

Scrufox86

Ok i have a theory. Well Reshiram is black version mascot. But it appears that the Zekrom/Kyurem "fusion" is the mascot for "black 2". So what if these versions are sequels but only to one version so "black and black 2" and "white and white 2". Reshiram will be in black 2 to be caught by us the players but then somehow the zekrom and kyurem of black 2 will turn into the mascot? and we will get the chance to capture it?

Unless Reshiram is not in black 2 altogether and the legend about two dragons splitting means either just zekrom and kyurem or Reshiram and kyurem depending on which version. I never did understand how Kyurem splitting into two equated to three dragons in BW.

Another theory is that these new mascots are nothing to do with the dragons in the legend in BW but are new dragons created by attempts to reunite the "two dragons"?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The form change has to do with the moves ice burn and freeze bolt most likely. Look at Kyurem normally and then the two forms, and its tail seems to sort of latch on to the generator-like tails of Zekrom and Reshiram. If anything, the form change will happen with the 2 stones, giving Kyurem the energy for each legendary, giving it the ability to posses the powers of electricity and fire.

Magicman187

Pokemon Scholar
I personally like the failed attempt at reuniting the original dragon theory but when you look at their Species name you have Zekrom the Deep Black pokemon and Reshiram the Vast White pokemon and Kyurem the Boundary pokemon. And then you have the fact that their tails are basically engines. To me from that information right there it looks to me like one of the dragons goes out of control (taken control of by Ghetsis perhaps or go crazed and their tail engines create too much energy and Kyurem has to come in and contain/control their power)
From this we would most likely see a return of N and Ghetsis. N because he wasn't truly evil and left to sort of learn and stuff plus he has one of the dragons and Ghetsis because he truly was the big baddie and never was captured so I can see him trying to take revenge for the main character foiling his plans. And I could even go so far as to say that he attacks N and you come to his aid because Ghetsis was both pissed and resentful of N for failing so it could be directed at him but I feel it would be directed at the main character.

and on a final note when you look at Kyurems Black pokedex entry it says that when its power leaked out its damaged its body so if something similar were to happen to Zekrom/Reshiram it might come to help and contain it to save it from destroying itself

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Here is What i thought of

1. MAsuda may just be trolling us about these two as seperate pokemon

2. Your theory might be right and there is in fact two Dragons and both brothers split those two dragons

3. ANother THeory Could BE that BOTH the Protagonist and N's Dragon were absorbed by two kyurems meaning that The Single Shell Kyurem has divided itself into Two and tried to make themselves complete by absorbing the dragons

Masuda did not list them as separate Pokemon. Why would he? It's already confirmed that this is Kyurem, not Pokemon 650 and 651. He just said "the new Legendary Pokemon." They are new, and the are Legendary. Not to mention Game Freak has a history of calling formes new Pokemon when they're revealed. Skymin was teased as a new Pokemon, as was Giratina's Origin Forme.

Grey Wind

I find it hilarious that Meloetta is just sort of..there on that movie poster. Poor Moloetta, plonked into a short and barely revealed properly.

White Kyurem looks far better than Black Kyurem in my opinion. BK looks a bit odd. I assume these aren't fusions, because that would be a tad ridiculous to do in-game. It could be that the forms change between game using the God Stone/Dark Stone/Light stone though.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I find it hilarious that Meloetta is just sort of..there on that movie poster. Poor Moloetta, plonked into a short and barely revealed properly.

I think that's because the poster is a leak, not an official reveal. Next CoroCoro or Pokemon Smash will probably tease "Next time: A new Pokemon!" and then make a big deal out of Meloetta; because we aren't supposed to know about this poster yet.

JD

I have an idea regarding Kyukuro(Black Kyurem) and Kyushiro(White Kyurem) maybe after you defeat Drayden or Iris or whoever the 8th gym leader is you find out that N or whoever has received both of the dragons. Drayden and Alder take you on a ship that leads to the Giant Chasm there you are sent to find the "God Stone" that Alder and Iris had told you about. Hoping that it would revive Kyurem who could hopefully hold Zekrom and Reshiram off for a little bit even though they are doubtful. Lenora meets up with you and states that she made a shocking discovery an item called the "Light Stone Fragment" or the "Dark Stone Fragment" depending on whatever game you are playing. All of the sudden the "God Stone" will glow and whatever fragment will attach to it shocking everyone. Alder suggest that you hang on to it despite not knowing what is going on. As soon as you face off against N or whoever he summons his two dragons. All of a sudden your stone begins to react to this and it turns into Kyukuro or Kyushiro I know it's Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but bare with me. N is surprised by this and Alder due to Kyurem looking noticeably different. Despite this N will challenge you to a battle with his two dragons in which you will use Kyukuro/Shiro and whoever else is second in your party.

After you defeat N you find out that Kyurem has been searching for the Dark/Light Stone in order to revert back to its original form(s) it lets out a loud roar and Zekrom and Reshiram both flee somewhere you are able to capture them post game. They are found in Black City and White Forest in a new area there.

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
Im curious on how Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem.

Does it fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom? Does it use the light and dark stones? Is it something else?

If it is something else im curious on how Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be in Kyurems formes.

I'm really hoping that it uses some brand new method of changing into a different form. Using an item is so plain, something like actually absorbing Zekrom or Reshiram would be so insane and cool. XD

I guess it wouldn't be impossible to guess that maybe Kyurem changes if it is in either Black City or White Forest? You go there, it changes, and then you can leave and keep it changed until you go back and have it revert to normal. Pretty simple and easy, and not the most interesting thing, but still something, I guess. It would make it harder to get the opposite on from the other game then.

Status
Not open for further replies.