• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
I really hope that the "complete" dragon that was separated is reformed in these games, I know people are saying that there won't be any new Pokémon but I honestly think that Gamefreak could incorporate the full dragon into the game in a scenario similar to the Spiky-Eared Pichu, where it can't be traded to any other game and can't be used online.

I think I like the whole hunting for its part theory

assuming we will a different player and this game happens after BW:
the BW player releases their dragon and kyrem merges with it to become one of the two forms but it cant get the other dragon beacause N flew away with it at the end of BW

(or maybe the BW player still has their dragon and N releases his but you get idea that one is gone)

cantab

Quote from the old news thread.

I hope the new formes' ability would negate the charge turn. That would certainly make Kyurem OU at least.
I'm with you here, it'd make their presumed signature moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn actually useful. Just imagine if Black Kyurem were Ice/Electric, at least 150 base Attack, with Bolt Strike and chargeless Freeze Shock, and throw in a no-recharge Giga Impact for the few things that resist StrikeShock.

Of course, that would make White Kyurem yet another Pokemon killed by Stealth Rock :( Maybe just give them both Magic Guard to kludge round the issue instead.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
OK, so, I know that a lot of this is more just reaction to the games than Legendary speculation, but bear with me and you'll see that it is at least somewhat relevant. Besides, I need a place to vent, too, you know!
Anyway, so my first reactions after going to the Pokémon.com homepage: "WTF?! (Reads.) (Girlish giggle.) (Thinks.) Whoa... WTF?!" Yeah, I pretty much came full circle after a minute or two, but no matter, I'm still excited for this! This truly is an unprecedented move in my opinion. Also, soon after seeing and reading the new info I couldn't help but think to myself, "This must be exactly what happened to bring this about:
Japanese Game Planner: OK, so how do we make even more money off of these "third versions"? Hm... I've got it! We split them into another two games, instead! It's genius!
Other Japanese Game Planner: Yeah, but what would we call them?
Japanese Game Planner: Um... How about we just call them "Black 2" and "White 2"? I mean, they are sequels, after all.
Other Japanese Game Planner: Oh, yeah! Hey, and plus that solves that whole problem about having to create different logos and programming and everything just for America because of that whole "'Gray' or 'Gray'" thing! We're so good!
Ken Sugimori: But wait, what are we going to do for the cover Pokémon? We only have this one design I made, "Kyurem Origin Forme"!
Japanese Game Planner: Scrap it. We'll just make two new Formes instead, one for each of the other Dragons instead of all three put together like we were planning before!
Other Japanese Game Planner: Yeah, yeah, and then we can have even more merchandise!
Japanese Game Planner: Yeah!
Other Japanese Game Planner: Man, we are so getting pay raises for this."
Yep, and I'm sure that's exactly how it happened, too. Just ask them. Now that I have that vented, though, it's time for a little personal criticism of Black and White Kyurem:
Well, I actually do kind of like the designs, but I'm a little disappointed with the fact that there's two of them. I was kind of looking forward to seeing the "Original Dragon." You know, all three of them put together? That would have been nice, but whatever. What I think is kind of odd is that they seem to have put elements from Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom into these new designs fairly balancedly. So, what are they going to do for their types? What, are they going to make this the first three-type Pokémon, or maybe give it an effect that causes it to to be listed as two but also have the weaknesses and advantages of the third, as well (Yes, I'm sure that would never get confusing and/or complicated or anything.)? Or are they just going to make Black/White's respective typing "Dragon/[Combined Pokémon's second-type]" (I can't help but notice that the "2" in the logos are blue for Black and red for White, which gives me the idea that Black Kyurem will likely be linked in some way to Zekrom's Electric traits and White Kyurem to Reshiram's Fire traits. Well, that and the idea that this time the games won't be so "checkered" and that Black 2 will have the black mascot and White 2 will have the white mascot, but that's a whole different discussion.)? Or will they just throw everyone for a loop and give Black Kyurem Reshiram's Fire-typing and White Kyurem Zekrom's Electric-typing for no apparent reason? Then again, I suppose they could always just make all of those types cancel each other out and make them both straight-up Dragon-types. But they would never do something that silly, of course. That would be as ridiculous as the idea of fusing two Pokémon together or something! One other aspect of these two that I find intriguing is the aspect of their signature moves. Will they simply have the respective two moves of the trio's three, or will they have a brand new move or two? I am eager to see.
And on a more general point, will these two be tradable between these two new Versions, or will they be forced to remain in their own games, never seeing the light of day in any sort of linking for a while? Also, does this mean that Zekrom and Reshiram can fuse with each other, perhaps? Who knows, maybe there is still hope for a game that requires an American and everywhere-else version of the logo, if that's the case! And one final thing that is on my mind about these two: Will the two members fuse because of the Fusion Flare/Bolt moves, an item, an event, or will it just be some sort of time travel like some seem to like to think? I'm personally just kind of hoping it won't just be a matter of "In these games' worlds Kyurem was never split from Zekrom/Reshiram. Thus, new Pokémon." That would just annoy me. Oh yeah, and Gray Kyurem (all three together), please!
OK, now you can move on with your life. Thanks for reading, you've been a great audience, folks! I'm off to write this into a book, now!

Aurath8

Of course, that would make White Kyurem yet another Pokemon killed by Stealth Rock :( Maybe just give them both Magic Guard to kludge round the issue instead.

BWKyurem will probably get "Ultrafreeze" or something that is just another cool sounding Mold Breaker.
As for typing, we could see Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire(however counter-intuitive that may be), Dragon/Ice or Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric. We may even get pure Dragon. They all have their pros and cons.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hmm,it would be cool if it was Ice/Fire.Though I think it will stay part Dragon,considering how it's previous forms were.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Ice Burn and Freeze Shock

I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).

20111030021709%21Ice_Burn.png
20111030021547%21Freeze_Shock.png

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.

Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. I believe that Kyurem's formes might be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric so that Ice Burn and Freeze Shock receive a same-type attack bonus. Thoughts?

Last edited:

rocky505

Any think kyurem will transform similar to deoxys or rotom? Like if the dark and light stones are on display in bw2 you take kyurem up to one and it'll transform.

Aegon

I abhor Kyurem's new forms. They're my least favourite Pokémon (I hate having to call them that) without any question. I can't find any redeeming features, which I find quite surprising. I'm ultimately very disappointed with these abominations; I was looking forward to a complete, defined, appealing form of Kyurem.

I just wish every second user would stop using them as avatars. >_>
Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem.
This has been speculated since Black and White were first released.

About those two being "new pokémon": I'm not sure what Masuda wrote, but I guess he didn't mean anything special. Back when Platinum was to be released, wasn't Giratina-O a new legendary? Same thing here. Besides, even if that's not what he meant, then maybe those two merely are one-way formes, but still be considered as formes (just like Rotom may change to formes with higher BST and a design that clearly fits an evolution and yet be considered formes).

About their typing: lol screw you guys, those two will still be Dragon pokémon. It's the Tao Trio's primary typing, and that thing has changed between evolutions only twice (Steelix and Altaria) iirc, and never between formes. They'll surely get a Electric/Fire-type move or two, but really, that's it. Besides, Ice/Fire would be so horribad it would probably be UU lol. And that's saying a lot about a 660+ BST pokémon. Hell, it could even have a *shot* of being RU or BL2...

About Freeze Shock and Ice Burn: Well guess what, those Kyurem will have their respective moves. I just wonder how they will interact... Maybe all three Kyurem will learn the moves, but they won't have a charging turn when used by the right forme? Or maybe they'll pull a Relic Song on us (oh please god no)? Who knows.

Last edited:

Scizor-tastic

wants you to stfu
Anybody notice something?
Dialga / Palkia + Item did NOT equal Giratina (either form). B/W2 follows DPPT's path a bit, however Kyurem + Item MIGHT equal the other forms of Kyurem. However, I am superexcited about these forms anyways. It might even show off Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (go search it up on The Cutting Room Floor or Bulbapedia or any other wiki).

moa

Cascade Trainer
my idea

- Original Dragon over the conflict of truth and ideals split with a explosion, Zekrom and Reshiram were formed and Kyurem was expelled/eject through the atmosphere until it crashed, later around the crash site Kyurem tries to gain more energy to be able to control his cold powers(the story about Kyurem kidnapping people and Pokemon)

team plasma is trying to find the original dragon, using Kyurem they give him a orb, and Kyurem absorbs the orb energy and becomes hybrid with physical characteristics of the dragon that is inside the orb

cottageboy789

What I'm wondering is, what will the ingame names for these two formes be? It can't be Black Kyurem and White Kyurem because that surpasses the 10 character limit. Would it be Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W? Or just simply Kyurem? My vote is just Kyurem, because that was the case with Giratina and Shaymin.

Aegon

Anybody notice something?
Dialga / Palkia + Item did NOT equal Giratina (either form). B/W2 follows DPPT's path a bit, however Kyurem + Item MIGHT equal the other forms of Kyurem. However, I am superexcited about these forms anyways.
It was quite clear from the offset that Giratina is not a combination of Dialga and Palkia. Nothing indicated that being so. However, it's extremely obvious that Kyurem's new forms both involve fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. The idea that Kyurem may change form depending on its held item is very unlikely, but it could also work.
It might even show off Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (go search it up on The Cutting Room Floor or Bulbapedia or any other wiki).
It will.

Scizor-tastic

wants you to stfu
It was quite clear from the offset that Giratina is not a combination of Dialga and Palkia. Nothing indicated that being so. However, it's extremely obvious that Kyurem's new forms both involve fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. The idea that Kyurem may change form depending on its held item is very unlikely, but it could also work.

imo, Kyurem seems quite parasitic. It's mutated or has adapted to the form of an Ice-like Zekrom and Reshira,.

kkzeronet

What I am thinking is that Reshiram and Zekrom got Kyurem DNA. Reshiram would be White Kyurem and Zekrom would be Black Kyurem.

I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).

20111030021709%21Ice_Burn.png
20111030021547%21Freeze_Shock.png

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.

Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. I believe that Kyurem's formes might be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric so that Ice Burn and Freeze Shock receive a same-type attack bonus. Thoughts?

Was just literally thinking that exact same thought. I'm giving props to gamefreak for really setting a much higher bar than in the past for their games. I'm guessing the huge financial success that is and was the original black and white gave them the leverage and resources to pull this marketing genius of a move. Can wait till it comes out or further information comes out. I do hope that do something really special with the story and the Pokemon like making luxray part dark type. Hey I can dream. I'm playing platinum right now and that pissed me off and then the rehashed Pokemon like bouffalant i want them to explain why the Pokemon are so much like kanto's pokemon. Evolution perhaps (like Darwinism not Pokemon evolution).

It will.

Not if its holding the white or black stones? Huh right that could maybe work.

Phoopes

There it is.
Personally, I believe that there is a fourth Kyurem form. The following is all speculation.

Originally, there was one big Dragon, formed of Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. However, when Zekrom's influence was removed (through the Black Orb), it left the fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram, or White Kyurem. Or, if Reshiram's influence was removed from the original being (via the White Orb), the fusion of Zekrom and Reshiram, or Black Kyurem was left. When Black Kyurem or White Kyurem was seperated, that left the three that we knew of.

If that was hard to follow...

Zekrom + Kyurem = Black Kyurem.
Reshiram + Kyurem = White Kyurem.
Zekrom + Reshiram + Kyurem = New form that hasn't been revealed yet.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
At this point, I don't even know if Kyuram and Kyurom are formes or new Pokemon. My best prediction is that Kyurem changes formes depending on if it's holding the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which would obviously be holdable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.