• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEpicRock

Personally, I do hope that Kyurem will be able to change forms somehow. Whether an ingame location or a hold item it doesn't really matter. Maybe it could have some stat changes between forms as well, like 150 atk on the black form and 150 spatk on the white form.
Also, changing the subject but I hope that in addition to these new forms we also get the origen form, or something like that. These two forms are cool but I'd like to see a better pure kyurem, not just fusions.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm not really all that impressed with Kyurem's new formes. They basically look like someone's just spliced parts of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom together. Which is probably their intention, but they could have been more inventive. I'd like the new formes to be non-permanent, so we can change them as we see fit, presumably with some new item.

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
2 Things:

1. I'm a little mixed about what the two new forms mean for Kyurem. The idea of "fusing" Pokemon seems a little odd, not that it wouldn't be plausible. Will these dragons still incorporate the truth/ideals basis? We'll have to wait and see.

2. Since these games are coming out in June...could we potentially see a December release in the US/Europe?

7 tyranitars

I wonder.. what will it's type be? Considering kyurem is an ice dragon type, and rashiram and zekrom have fire/dragon and electric/dragon resp.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).
B

Im surprised you didnt read the post that came 4 before yours! It clearly states the moves. i have mentioned it at least twice!

And i really wanted to see the one dragon, last night was just something i didnt expect..... Maybe somin will be revealed in the future.

Missingno.Fan

My theory is that you have one of the dragons (Zekrom in White and Reshiram in Black) and you find the Kyurem fused with the other. Later on you can unfuse them if you want. Oh yeah it know Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

Quite honestly, I think the whole "alternate forms" thing has kinda gone way overboard. I mean it was cute with Deoxys, but now its like every legendary that comes out has to have alternate forms. It's just nothing special anymore and it's almost expected that new legendaries are gonna have alternate forms. It just seems really gimmicky to me. There's already too many legendaries; add alternate forms on top of that and it just gets kinda ridiculous (in my opinion). I'm alot more excited just about the new games in general and another chance at playing Unova, perhaps some plot additions and whatnot, than the addition of new Kyurem forms.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Personally, I do hope that Kyurem will be able to change forms somehow. Whether an ingame location or a hold item it doesn't really matter.
This is an interesting idea, and if it was the "gray" version everyone anticipated, that would make sense. However, I have a nagging suspicion that the forms will be one per game.
I wonder.. what will it's type be? Considering kyurem is an ice dragon type, and rashiram and zekrom have fire/dragon and electric/dragon resp.
Another good question. I see some residual ice left on both forms, and little enough to suggest that there are fire and electric attributes. For now, I'll speculate that it remains ice-dragon.

On another note, it seems the whole chipped headpiece Kyurem had now finally has a purpose. The headpiece of Reshiram or Zekrom, depending on form, obviously, is now growing from the chipped part.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I pray that they aren't fusing. This isn't digimon. I think it'll be like, Kyurem exposed to one of the dragons causes it to change forms. I at least hope there's a different storyline somewhat since this is going to be the Grey of the series.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
I pray that they aren't fusing. This isn't digimon. I think it'll be like, Kyurem exposed to one of the dragons causes it to change forms. I at least hope there's a different storyline somewhat since this is going to be the Grey of the series.

It'll probably be a held item that changes Kyurems's form based on what version of the game you get.

Hatsune Miku

I bet that there Version you buy is the form you get... But I don't think that you can get both forms on the same game. So maybe you will be able to trade it through B/W2

cantab

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.
And that Ice Burn is special while Bolt Strike is physical.

At this point, I don't even know if Kyuram and Kyurom are formes or new Pokemon. My best prediction is that Kyurem changes formes depending on if it's holding the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which would obviously be holdable now.
God Stone is the hold item I'd say is more likely to effect the change, though I'd rather see it not depend on any item since if it does then it can't hold other items.

And I think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem will be strictly version exclusive, like the Deoxys Formes were in 3rd gen.

OverpoweredScizor

<-- NEEDS A BUFF
i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.

They are real. Masuda has confirmed it on Pokemon Smash. And they actually look pretty cool, to me. And they are going to be forms, presumably by blending the two.

I reckon it'll stay dragon/ice, but each form will have an ability that boosts either fire or electric moves, effectively giving it triple-STAB. Or perhaps if changing forms is based on an item, perhaps that will boost fire or electric moves.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy

They're real.

I'm interested to see if there'll be yet another forme of Kyurem that would be the "Original Dragon" or something related to it... Remains to be seen, of course.

mewtwo78

pokemon master
its looking like these 2 games are indeed the gray version everyone is talking about especaiily since it says on the serebii homepage that these 2 new sequals are the 3rd game in the 5th gen,plus the covers have altered forms of krum the supposed cover pokemon for gray i believe you will be able to catch both zekrom ad reshirum in the games but you need the other game to obtain all forms of kyrum have o ida how these games will work this breaks the pattern of games so i dont kow what these games have in store for us

kemal07

Now this is the 'spark' in Kyurem I was looking for. At first I did not like Kyurem at all, and knew he had a missing spark... all of this just makes perfect sense now.

JD

They're real deal with it and stop complaining, it seems like whenever something new gets revealed everyone says it looks stupid but a month later they like it. Happened with the starters and most of the B/W Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.