• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Let me think: Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion will no doubt be in theses games along with Kyurem. Not sure about Reshiram, Zekrom, Tornadus, and Thundurus, they might be exclusive to each other in opposite games, Landorus most likely be in both games. These are the legendary pokemon I think will be in the new games.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
I just have one question.
What types do you think the Kyurem forms be.

1.I kinda don't this will be it but just thinking.
ice.gif
electric.gif
and
ice.gif
fire.gif

2.Same as BW Duo.
dragon.gif
electric.gif
and
dragon.gif
fire.gif

3.Same as BW Kyurem.
dragon.gif
ice.gif
for both.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
I just have one question.
What types do you think the Kyurem forms be.

1.I kinda don't this will be it but just thinking.
ice.gif
electric.gif
and
ice.gif
fire.gif

2.Same as BW Duo.
dragon.gif
electric.gif
and
dragon.gif
fire.gif

3.Same as BW Kyurem.
dragon.gif
ice.gif
for both.

I'm hoping it will be Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire for it's forms because then it would have unique types, but I'd imagine it would be Ice type in some respect in either case for it's signature moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn so it receives same-type attack bonus. But I could honestly see them leaving Kyurem as a Dragon/Ice type then rectifying it in say Gen VI, just like when they rectified Rotom in Gen V.

Scizor-tastic

wants you to stfu
It was quite clear from the offset that Giratina is not a combination of Dialga and Palkia. Nothing indicated that being so. However, it's extremely obvious that Kyurem's new forms both involve fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. The idea that Kyurem may change form depending on its held item is very unlikely, but it could also work.

It will.

At this point, I don't even know if Kyuram and Kyurom are formes or new Pokemon. My best prediction is that Kyurem changes formes depending on if it's holding the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which would obviously be holdable now.
Remember how the Stones were Key Items in BW1? BW2 is using the same format as BW1. So it would take massive amounts of updates to convert it from Key Item to Hold Item.

Also, God Stone / Gray Stone anyone?

They're real deal with it and stop complaining, it seems like whenever something new gets revealed everyone says it looks stupid but a month later they like it. Happened with the starters and most of the B/W Pokemon.

I agree. I'm kinda tired for everyone saying "it looks like a digimon, it sux", "They look ugly", "this is not pokemon anymore."

It also happened at the debut of gen IV.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
It would take massive amounts of updates to convert it from Key Item to Hold Item.

Not really I could whip up a Pokémon on PokéSav and make it hold a key item, it's just that in the main game it's not permitted that the player gives a Key item to be held by a Pokémon.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
Well, I like the two formes (I like WhiteKyurem a little more though). They may look strange but, I think that is the intention. The story may have something to do with how they look.

As for typing, I think they will remain Dragon/Ice with an ability that gives them STAB for fire or electric type moves.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
I find it interesting the In Black 2 you get the Zekrom form of Kyurem (which I've heard fans referring to as "Zekurem") and that in White 2 you get the "Reshurem" form. This means that if one has White 1 and White 2, they have all of the three legendaries in a way. Here's another thought: Maybe the merging of Kyurem with the other pokemon is a thing in the plot that must be fixed and one never obtains the forms that have been revealed as the player must battle them to "fix" them and separate the malevolent Kyurem from its host. Perhaps Kyurem has a true second form in these games that is really the antagonist, and the two forms shown are simply the results of this Kyurem clinging onto Reshiram/Zekrom...

EDIT: Also, it's obvious that Gamefreak already had this in the works for a while. Remember those unobtainable moves Kyurem had, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn? They're Physical and Special moves respectively, mirroring Fusion Bolt/Fusion Flare and Bolt Strike/Blue Flare. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:
I really like the look of the two new legend formes so far, their poses really show what type of pokemon they are (Kyurom - brutish and powerful and Kyurem - Majestical yet contains alot of force). I am now wondering whether there will be a Zek-Reshi combo and whether this will lead to us seeing the original dragon. The types have me a little confused on what they are going to be but I'll just have to see how that turns out. If there are more 'fusions' than these two then it could get a little ridiculous (and kind of reminds me of crafting in tf2).

Scizor-tastic

wants you to stfu
Not really I could whip up a Pokémon on PokéSav and make it hold a key item, it's just that in the main game it's not permitted that the player gives a Key item to be held by a Pokémon.
True... but God Stone was scrapped, so why not Nintendo just use that? It isn't in the original versions but heck, it could be a possibility.
If anybody doesn't know what the God Stone is...
PKBWGodStone.png

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Well, since this is the first time we are getting a direct sequel to a main game (Yeah, Kanto to Johto was, but it didn't have a "2" in the title), and the first time Legendaries were combined to make a new form, AND the first time we're getting a 3rd and 4th game rather than just a single 3rd game, I'm gonna go all out and say that White/Black Kyurem will be the FIRST triple-typed Pokémon. Electric/Ice/Dragon for Black Kyurem, and Fire/Ice/Dragon for White Kyurem.
I might be 100% incorrect and laughed at for this idea, but BW2's announcement was so shocking that anything could be possible now... Even somehow tying Stunfisk into Genesect's backstory :p

Grei

not the color
i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.

lol

Pokemon just got a lot more confusing..

Not necessarily. These new formes may not be fusions (and I hope they aren't), it's likely that Kyurem just changed formes based on influence/aura/something from either dragon.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Well, since this is the first time we are getting a direct sequel to a main game (Yeah, Kanto to Johto was, but it didn't have a "2" in the title), and the first time Legendaries were combined to make a new form, AND the first time we're getting a 3rd and 4th game rather than just a single 3rd game, I'm gonna go all out and say that White/Black Kyurem will be the FIRST triple-typed Pokémon. Electric/Ice/Dragon for Black Kyurem, and Fire/Ice/Dragon for White Kyurem.
I might be 100% incorrect and laughed at for this idea, but BW2's announcement was so shocking that anything could be possible now... Even somehow tying Stunfisk into Genesect's backstory :p

I think we should all watch out when we use the term "sequel". For it to be a sequel, none of the main event (post E4 let's say) should be altered and I highly doubt that will be the case.

Anyway I don't think there will be an actual fusion between two pokemon. I feel as if team Plasma is going to try and awaken Kyurem but ooops they got the wrong orb and it's form alters depending on the orb they've given it (electic or fire)...I'll bet my two cents.

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
I strongly believe that these two new forms are not the original dragon. The original is supposed to be a mix of BOTH reshiram and zekrom, not two different combinations of kyurem/zekrom and kyurem/reshiram. Also, isn't kyurem the broken version of the original dragon? I think there's still a final dragon to be seen. A PURE dragon type.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I think we should all watch out when we use the term "sequel". For it to be a sequel, none of the main event (post E4 let's say) should be altered and I highly doubt that will be the case.

Anyway I don't think there will be an actual fusion between two pokemon. I feel as if team Plasma is going to try and awaken Kyurem but ooops they got the wrong orb and it's form alters depending on the orb they've given it (electic or fire)...I'll bet my two cents.

Well, be it sequel or prequel, I still want more of Team Plasma's backstory. The Shadow Triad, the blonde girl and the pink haired girl, the Harmonia history, how the flying fack Team Plasma was able to build a giant, bajillion feet tall dark, brooding castle behind the barren wasteland of the Pokémon League without getting caught, BW1 left a lot of things unanswered, or at least left questioning more about the story.

Also, is there a chance that there WILL be a 5th game??!! Now, if my memory serves me right, didn't BW1 tell you specifically that Zekrom and Reshiram used to be a single Pokémon, until the two brothers fought, and split into two dragons we now know as Zekrom and Reshiram. Zekrom went with the brother who believed in ideals, and Reshiram went with the brother who believed in truths. (Or vice versa. Don't remember which was which)
If Kyurem's true, single form doesn't get revealed, then there's probably a high chance that the 5th game will introduce it. That, or maybe Kyurem ISN'T the shell of the original Tao dragon, and that it's just a temporary power source for Reshiram and Zekrom.... Cross that out. It sounds stupid.

umbreon95

ASB said:
I find it interesting the In Black 2 you get the Zekrom form of Kyurem (which I've heard fans referring to as "Zekurem") and that in White 2 you get the "Reshurem" form. This means that if one has White 1 and White 2, they have all of the three legendaries in a way. Here's another thought: Maybe the merging of Kyurem with the other pokemon is a thing in the plot that must be fixed and one never obtains the forms that have been revealed as the player must battle them to "fix" them and separate the malevolent Kyurem from its host. Perhaps Kyurem has a true second form in these games that is really the antagonist, and the two forms shown are simply the results of this Kyurem clinging onto Reshiram/Zekrom...

EDIT: Also, it's obvious that Gamefreak already had this in the works for a while. Remember those unobtainable moves Kyurem had, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn? They're Physical and Special moves respectively, mirroring Fusion Bolt/Fusion Flare and Bolt Strike/Blue Flare. Coincidence? I think not.
I think you're right. There is not codeing for the new forms of kyurem in B&W so why would they make a perminate form of a pokemon already released? If you can't trade pokemon within the same gen. Why do it? I agree with that, but I don't think it's the antagonist. Possibly modified by plasma, then you sepperate them to get the other version mascot after the game ends.

Then on a side note, you'll probably get the other roaming legendary that wasn't in the original.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Well, be it sequel or prequel, I still want more of Team Plasma's backstory. The Shadow Triad, the blonde girl and the pink haired girl, the Harmonia history, how the flying fack Team Plasma was able to build a giant, bajillion feet tall dark, brooding castle behind the barren wasteland of the Pokémon League without getting caught, BW1 left a lot of things unanswered, or at least left questioning more about the story.

Also, is there a chance that there WILL be a 5th game??!! Now, if my memory serves me right, didn't BW1 tell you specifically that Zekrom and Reshiram used to be a single Pokémon, until the two brothers fought, and split into two dragons we now know as Zekrom and Reshiram. Zekrom went with the brother who believed in ideals, and Reshiram went with the brother who believed in truths. (Or vice versa. Don't remember which was which)
If Kyurem's true, single form doesn't get revealed, then there's probably a high chance that the 5th game will introduce it. That, or maybe Kyurem ISN'T the shell of the original Tao dragon, and that it's just a temporary power source for Reshiram and Zekrom.... Cross that out. It sounds stupid.

Hold your rapidashes! We've barely any information on the new games let's not ponder on whether there's going to be a 5th one to tie everything together just yet!

We literally know nothing about these two forms other than they resemble Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe Kyurem will have an original/base form other than the one we've seen from B/W that we'll be incorporated into both games instead of introducing yet another 5th gen main series game...again my two cents. There'd be way too much going on.

Pokemon games tend to mention a lot of interesting historical backgrounds on legendaries but they don't expand it as much as we all tend to speculate.

In the game Kyurem should change to a specific item, but give you both items. That way I only need to by one game. Also, so I don't have to argue withmy brother over which to get. If I have to get one to bad.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
BWKyurem will probably get "Ultrafreeze" or something that is just another cool sounding Mold Breaker.
As for typing, we could see Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire(however counter-intuitive that may be), Dragon/Ice or Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric. We may even get pure Dragon. They all have their pros and cons.

Actually this thought crossed my mind:
The forms would both be the same Dragon/Ice however there new abilities would give them the additional types of Reshieram and Zekrom respectively thus each form would effectively be three different types. (Dragon/Ice/Fire and Dragon/Ice/Electric respectivly)
like Rotom, these forms could only get limited fire/electric moves being the respective signature moves of each dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.