• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I think you're right. There is not codeing for the new forms of kyurem in B&W so why would they make a perminate form of a pokemon already released? If you can't trade pokemon within the same gen. Why do it?

Is the 5th gen your first gen? Platinum had Sky Forme for Shaymin, and Giratina had the Origin Forme. Platinum is the 3rd game of the 4th gen, but they weren't tradeable to D/P. Now that Black2/White2 are doing it, why are you saying "Why do it?" when Gamefreak has already done it just a few years ago??

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I think Kyurems forms might have a revolutionary change on the game and metagame- their typing is Dragon/Ice/[Fire/Electric] Three types. That's a new way of looking at things.

this guy beat me to it :( well the question is can we obtain our dragons from B/W...

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I strongly believe that these two new forms are not the original dragon. The original is supposed to be a mix of BOTH reshiram and zekrom, not two different combinations of kyurem/zekrom and kyurem/reshiram. Also, isn't kyurem the broken version of the original dragon? I think there's still a final dragon to be seen. A PURE dragon type.

Exactly. That's why I believe they are hiding us the Original Dragon (true Kyurem form) that the BW talks about.

http://i42.*******.com/2hppqoh.png​

Last edited:

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Remember how the Stones were Key Items in BW1? BW2 is using the same format as BW1. So it would take massive amounts of updates to convert it from Key Item to Hold Item.

Also, God Stone / Gray Stone anyone?

Heres an idea. What if it works like Shymin's gardicia flower? As in when in your party you can activate the stone to change its forms.

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
Very cool thoughts! I think that the new forms will PROBABLY be inter-tradable with White/Black because, if you've ever done large research into Kyurem, he has two possible moves that could be linked to the forms: Freeze Shock (probably Black Kyurem) and Ice Burn (White Kyurem). These are real! Here is the proof for non-believers lol http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock_%28move%29 and the other http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn_%28move%29 Tell me your thoughts!!!!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Very cool thoughts! I think that the new forms will PROBABLY be inter-tradable

Not while maintaining their form, they won't. There's no data for the forms themselves in BW, hence why we never knew about them.

I'm thinking that the forms will be game-specific, in that, if traded to another game, the form will revert to either a normal Kyurem or the opposite form. The moves will probably be given out on an event Kyurem.

But that's just me.

Generic User Name

Kyerum is officially my new favorite Pokemon. It's forms are just boss and they will be SO fun to play with. Why must I have to bear the curse of living in the US while people in Japan can get the game 6 months before me?

Grei

not the color
Kyerum is officially my new favorite Pokemon. It's forms are just boss and they will be SO fun to play with. Why must I have to bear the curse of living in the US while people in Japan can get the game 6 months before me?

6 months is unconfirmed, though. I'm holding onto the hope that they'll be released in North America at the same time as Japan.

Larry

6 months is unconfirmed, though. I'm holding onto the hope that they'll be released in North America at the same time as Japan.

That would be great. The usual wait for North America feels like forever.

Heres an idea. What if it works like Shymin's gardicia flower? As in when in your party you can activate the stone to change its forms.
This. This is exactly what I was thinking. Either this or some new item like the God Stone that goes right back in your bag like when you would trade an Origin Forme Giratina.

The same thing occurred with BW, yet they crossed the pond six months later.

It was a bit different for BW; Japan had BW announced and then Resh/Zek a couple weeks/months later (I think it was two months); US had both BW and legends revealed at the same time, at the same day Resh/Zek were revealed in Japan. This time, both Japan and US got word of BW2, only the US did not get a release date.

Still, I'm hoping at best for a Christmas release (lol six months). Not that I care, I'll probably play in Japanese like a boss without understanding half the dialogue. Fuck yeah, Pokémon.

JD

This may sound kind of stupid but I'm still kind of confused by this, these two are Kyurem's new forms correct? Not two separate Pokemon right? Because I've heard some people saying that they were.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
@Royal Qeca

Wow, that blew my mind, that the original dragon being all three of them as if they were combined. I say that they might have a Reshikrom type Pokemon, however, that would be different, they probably have the 3 then they were divided into the three. But they say that he came out of a meteor from space, IT HURTS MY HEAD! Kyurem has become one of my favorite Pokemon over the course of about a year, and now this makes him either too epic, or too stupid. Pokemon is running out of ideas for Legends. They need to make them less uber.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
This may sound kind of stupid but I'm still kind of confused by this, these two are Kyurem's new forms correct? Not two separate Pokemon right? Because I've heard some people saying that they were.

No, that was a misunderstanding. What annoys me is that some sites are still reporting that they're separate Pokemon, when we know that they aren't.

These are not Pokemon 650 and 651. These are simply new formes of Kyurem.

What gets people confused is the fact that Masuda said "the two new Legendary Pokemon." But Game Freak has always done that. When Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed, they advertised it as a "new Pokemon." When they were teasing Shaymin's Sky Forme, they called it a new Pokemon. When they were hinting at Rotom's formes, they said there five new Pokemon. It's just what they do. Skymin, Origin Giratina and Appliance Rotom aren't separate Pokemon, are they? Neither are these.

Exactly. That's why I believe they are hiding us the Original Dragon (true Kyurem form) that the BW talks about.

http://i42.*******.com/2hppqoh.png​

This is why I thought perhaps they'd make an actual Gray if these don't take the role of the "third version"; one that featured the original dragon. But that wouldn't really work, because it'd have to be a new Pokemon instead of a Kyurem forme, and that would mean compatibility problems with the other four 5th Gen games.

Last edited:

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
Also, i doubt kyurem will change from ice/dragon in those forms. it will definitely be a dragon, cause its MEANT to be a dragon. So why would it be fire/ice of electric/ice?

Nintendos just messing with us. there is still the final missing piece of the puzzle, the true original dragon..

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
@Royal Qeca

Wow, that blew my mind, that the original dragon being all three of them as if they were combined. I say that they might have a Reshikrom type Pokemon, however, that would be different, they probably have the 3 then they were divided into the three. But they say that he came out of a meteor from space, IT HURTS MY HEAD! Kyurem has become one of my favorite Pokemon over the course of about a year, and now this makes him either too epic, or too stupid. Pokemon is running out of ideas for Legends. They need to make them less uber.

Maybe Gamefreak has something up their sleeve and that there's going to be a Final form for Kyurem. I'm holding my breath, since it's a pretty farfetched idea (3 forms) however it makes sense to an extent.

It was originally 1 dragon, split into 2 with Kyurem being the left over shell. But when Masuda announced that there was going to be2 more forms instead of the anticipated (and intended 1 if you followed the backstory), it really stumped me for awhile. Even its Dex description doesn't match the legend at all.

JD

I feel like they might not even reveal the original dragon this gen.. I mean Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno didn't have their trio master revealed until Gen II so if Game Freak is lazy I could see them doing something like that again. I hope they don't do that though.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
WOWZA!

Kyurem split. Combined. Blah.
Too crazy. All I have to say is congratulations to Kyurem for being the first legendary trio by itself.
And also, if GF makes this new pokémon have 3 types, that would totally screw up the Type Combo charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.