• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobyy

Maybe Gamefreak has something up their sleeve and that there's going to be a Final form for Kyurem. I'm holding my breath, since it's a pretty farfetched idea (3 forms) however it makes sense to an extent.

It was originally 1 dragon, split into 2 with Kyurem being the left over shell. But when Masuda announced that there was going to be2 more forms instead of the anticipated (and intended 1 if you followed the backstory), it really stumped me for awhile. Even its Dex description doesn't match the legend at all.

I think that Kyurem is not part of the true dragon but a dragon that can combine with Zekrom and Reshiram.

JD

WOWZA!

Kyurem split. Combined. Blah.
Too crazy. All I have to say is congratulations to Kyurem for being the first legendary trio by itself.
And also, if GF makes this new pokémon have 3 types, that would totally screw up the Type Combo charts.

Why would it need 3 types? What would be the point of that? And what do you mean Kyurem being the first legendary trio by itself? They aren't new Pokemon they are just new forms for Kyurem

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
When i first saw the 2 new forms today I was like WTF???? Generation 6 already???? But then i read the topic and i was like oh......damn!

Gamefreak is definitely stepping in new territory with Gen 5. Yeah I know the alternate forms have been done but this is on a whole new level. I say the forms look good and we just may get my/our Fire/Ice Electric/Ice combo

RiseOfZekrom

When i first saw the 2 new forms today I was like WTF???? Generation 6 already???? But then i read the topic and i was like oh......damn!

Gamefreak is definitely stepping in new territory with Gen 5. Yeah I know the alternate forms have been done but this is on a whole new level. I say the forms look good and we just may get my/our Fire/Ice Electric/Ice combo

Dragon/Ice imo. It's ability might reflect if it gets a fire/electric boost depending on the forme.

SHIFTER01

you ever just wanna pierce the heavens?
what would be awesome imo is if the new forms were both dragon/ice, but they had new abilities that effectively let them be dragon/ice/fire and dragon/ice/electric without actually having that third type.

;136; Dude

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Wow! I take a break from the pokemon world for a few months and this happens!? Consider me excited.

I don't have a lot to add that hasn't already been said. I wonder if the god stone will play a part in the form change. I also wonder if we will ever see the original dragon.

Also, since this game is a sequel, I wonder what the story will be and how it will connect to B/W (or rather how it will grow from it).

I am a little sad that my Crimson theory is now dead and gone. :(

what would be awesome imo is if the new forms were both dragon/ice, but they had new abilities that effectively let them be dragon/ice/fire and dragon/ice/electric without actually having that third type.

;136; Dude

That is the best explanation for their typings that I have read all day.

Reiji Kurosaky

I'm happy with the change but I always hate having to choose between two versions. xD;

That's what makes this perfect. I bough black back in the day, so now I have the chance to have white 2. :p

Maybe The Protagonist Set free the Dragon he/she Caught in between BW1 and BW2 though and that led to a number of events on Kyurem Searching His "PARTS" inorder to become whole....maybe thats why he's been getting humans and pokemons like in the legend in that town, it maybe because he isnt hungry it maybe because his finding his "PARTS" and doesnt know what those "PARTS" Look like...

jsust theorizing again >>

I agree with this part.

Any one else think there will be a 4th, Perfect version of Kyurem that has both Reshiram and Zekrom(the complete dragon referenced in B/W)?

Either do the theory of absorbtion, like was suggested above, or perhaps we have it backwards, and Kyurem appears as a Perfect form initially, where N meets it, uses his orb to spereate Zekrom/Reshiram from the Kyurem(creating the half-kyurem we see), then you use your orb to get the other dragon(normal), or in this case simply catch the partly-complete kyurem, or something.

Regardless, I don't think it's fair to rule out a fourth Perfect Kyurem form.

But that would be the same history we already played. And this is supposed to be a sequel, so it must take where the first games left off.

The form change has to do with the moves ice burn and freeze bolt most likely. Look at Kyurem normally and then the two forms, and its tail seems to sort of latch on to the generator-like tails of Zekrom and Reshiram. If anything, the form change will happen with the 2 stones, giving Kyurem the energy for each legendary, giving it the ability to posses the powers of electricity and fire.

This is a very good theory.

Me, I'm particularly happy because I think I'm going to see more of the shadow triad.

Oh and because I am already bored with my Pokemon Black since I already got every single pokemon and forme available.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
man since i lost white last summer now i feel left out. But the new legend to me just look wierd

IamLegend

Legend
They just made Kyurem look uglier. Not a fan of the designs. I'll have to see where this goes, but I'm not too enthralled as of now.

Rodge

Regarding to Kyurem's typing, it could be that it retains it's Dragon/Ice typing but it will have an ability that grants it STAB power over Fire/Electric... Or maybe even the type's Strengths and/or Weaknesses.

Just an idea I'd like to get out. o_o

Just want to throw it out there.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

rocky505

That or a new hold item is made similar to the dp trios which gave extra 1.5 to there typing except they would boost electric/fire by 1.5.

Abizzel1

This may be a lot, but here's hoping it all makes it.

1. Will Kyurem still be Dragon/Ice or will it be Ice/Electric & Ice/Fire? It still has to be Ice simply because their special moves are still ice type.

2. Will the new Kyurem forms get Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare, and or Bolt Strike and Blue Flare. I can see it getting Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare simply to get more Pokemon out there with the combination, however, I'm doubting they'll make it overpowered with Bolt Strike and Blue Flare. Maybe the complete form will get those attacks. Stats would probably be the same base Kyurem with the high stat from the other dragon. 125 / 150 / 90 / 130 / 90 / 95 / 680 and 125 / 130 / 90 / 150 / 90 / 95 / 680 each with a new ability (probably Turbo Blaze and Terra Volt).

3. Will there be a Kyurem complete form, and if so what type will it be? Fire/Electric seems likely, but that's not the best defensive typing out there although it means it could be a massive threat in the most common weathers (Rain and Sun). I see it having 125 / 150 / 100 / 150 / 100 / 95 / 720. This thing would be a beast Blue Flare (backed by Sunny Day), Thunder (Backed by Rain), Draco Meteor (blast the dragons), and another move. What do you think?

4. Musketeer event including Keldeo.

5. Genesect origin form. Probably the same stats, pure Bug typing, and a different ability.

6. Battle Tower/Factory & Rematches.

7. Life Orb Latios and Latias.

8. What else do you think?

Wishful thinking

1. Hopefully they will drop temporary form changes all together and allow Pokemon to either stay in the normal form or their other form Meloetta & Darmanitan I'm looking at you most of all. Temp changes is an awful idea.

2. Play through N's story. Yeah for the first time you play as the villain. Although you're not the villain just being used, and only want the best for Pokemon. Black and White had the first mature story since the first game (Pokemon ate one another back then).

3. New evolutions of Gen 1 - 4 Pokemon. I seriously doubt this one, but again wishful thinking. Ninetales evolution would set the OU tier on fire, and there are a bunch of other I'm sure we all could think of.

4. Dream World will have an ability mechanic where you can choose to change your Pokemon's ability. There are some great abilities out there, so give them to us.

5. Alternate forms for other legendary Pokemon. This would be cool to have a straight up Mewtwo Special killer 110 / 100 / 100 / 180 / 100 / 130 / 720. Wshful thinking, but something more possible would be to give all the base 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 600 Legendary Pokemon new forms. Shaymin has one why not let everyone else join in on the fun.

6. Mew learns Sketch. Mew is suppose to be able to learn every attack, but can't. Make no sense, and Mew dropping from Uber makes no sense either. Sketch gives Mew a free ride back into the Ubers. You thought Mew was difficult to predict last gen, good luck finding out what it has now. Spore / Shell Smash / Quiver Dance / Cosmic Power / Stored Power / Coil / Shift Gear / V-Create / OK you get it. Uber.

Last edited:

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
These forms aren't the original dragon. The original dragon is Zekrom and Reshiram when they were one. And I don't think another form of Kyurem will ever be the original dragon as Kyurem is an alien Pokemon as it came from space.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
These forms aren't the original dragon. The original dragon is Zekrom and Reshiram when they were one. And I don't think another form of Kyurem will ever be the original dragon as Kyurem is an alien Pokemon as it came from space.

He never said they were. But Rem is connected to Rom and Ram (Rem could be what's left over from the original dragon). And there is really no evidence to suggest that that it came from space or is an alien. It's arrival can be interpreted in many ways. Also consider that Rem has forms similar to Rom and Ram. There is a possibility that the original dragon could be made available and that Rem could be the key to obtaining it.

PokeTimmy

Collector
I wonder if the god stone will play a part in the form change.

This is the first time I've heard of the "God Stone", but it would be interesting if it was somehow involved in Kyurem's new form.

I understand that a new form for Kyurem is programmed into B/W - maybe Pokemon just needs to release the "god stone" in an event to allow the new form in-game?

NoToRiousBrawL

Stones of Baked Clay
This is the first time I've heard of the "God Stone", but it would be interesting if it was somehow involved in Kyurem's new form.

I understand that a new form for Kyurem is programmed into B/W - maybe Pokemon just needs to release the "god stone" in an event to allow the new form in-game?

He knows but Kyreum new form is ridiculous and a shame on the Dragon type Pokemon 100% I mean how come Ice/Fire I never heard of that I know it's a game but matching types has to be a bit more realistic a bit. Gosh no wonder Volcarnoa Bug/Fire or even Durant Bug and steel .-.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
If the cover is any indicator, BK will be Ice, and WK will be Fire. Although Zeckrom had Electricity, it looks like BK will primarily be Ice.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it looks like Zeckrom/Reshiram have been swapped around. Before, it was the opposite legendary for each version (White Legend for Black, Black Legend for White), which could indicate that your opponent's cover legendary transforms rather than your own.

Also, will it be your cover legendary that transforms into the fusion, or will it be Kyurem that transforms into the fusion? My theory is that since BW focused on Zeckrom/Reshiram, this sequel will focus on Kyurem transforming.

Therefore, my theory is this: Black Kyurem will be Dragon/Ice, and White Kyurem will be Dragon/Fire. Your opponent will capture Kyurem and somehow transform it into the cover fusions, and you'll somehow have to sway the pokemon's loyalty by defeating, capturing, or game text.

EDIT: But I do wonder: If both cover legendaries (assuming they're separate entities) have remnants of Kyurem, or if it is a transformation of Kyurem, why does it appear that only one of them have Ice? If Ice will be the consistent typing for both cover legendaries, why would blue be the color of Black 2 instead of yellow/electricity?

EDIT 2: Did anyone else notice that the dominant color for both cover legendaries/forms is grey? Could this be the nail on the coffin that the third "Grey" version is instead these sequels?

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
If Ice will be the consistent typing for both cover legendaries, why would blue be the color of Black 2 instead of yellow/electricity?
Blue can also represent electricity you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.