• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
EDIT 2: Did anyone else notice that the dominant color for both cover legendaries/forms is grey? Could this be the nail on the coffin that the third "Grey" version is instead these sequels?

Kyurem's dominant color is grey. There's nothing surprising about it.

The story will obviously revolve mainly on Kyurem this time, so technically speaking, IMO, this is the 3rd version, just split in half.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
To the people thinking the new formes will get an ability that makes them get STAB from Fire/Electric or an ability that makes it as though they had three types: That won't work. The Kyurem formes will have an ability that already exists. If they had a new ability, BW would crash when you tried to battle with Kyurem's formes in BW2. As disappointing as this sounds, it's entirely possible the formes will just get Pressure, or just get Turboblaze and Teravolt.

If the cover is any indicator, BK will be Ice, and WK will be Fire. Although Zeckrom had Electricity, it looks like BK will primarily be Ice.

No it won't. That makes no sense whatsoever.

The logos are fire and electricity. Ever notice that when Reshiram uses fire moves, it glows Red and when Zekrom uses electric moves it glows Blue? That's all it is. It's silly to think one would be more Kyurem-related than the other.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I know many are confused over Masuda's comments about these beign Legendary Pokémon to the point that people think they are new, I just received the assets from NOE

They are named

646_BlackKyurem
646_WhiteKyurem

This proves that they are forms and not seperate Pokémon. Obvious, I know, but still...worth noting

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I know many are confused over Masuda's comments about these beign Legendary Pokémon to the point that people think they are new, I just received the assets from NOE

They are named

646_BlackKyurem
646_WhiteKyurem

This proves that they are forms and not seperate Pokémon. Obvious, I know, but still...worth noting

Are you going to put this in the news post? Because a lot of people still think these are new Pokemon.

I'm still trying to convince the people at NintendoLife of this.
Not to mention some GameFAQs users are swearing up and down that these are totally new Pokemon, #650 and #651. :/

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
I wonder if B/W Kyurem will be able to be used in B/W? Nobody's uncovered the forms yet in B/W, so I'm guessing it'll be a Giratina's origin form situation all over again.

moa

Cascade Trainer
I'm thinking the reason that they could be called new pokemon is because they could be stuck in their forme and not being able to revert to simple Kyurem

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
I'm thinking the reason that they could be called new pokemon is because they could be stuck in their forme and not being able to revert to simple Kyurem

In Gen III, Deoxys was stuck in a certain form depending on what game it was on, and each form wasn't considered a different pokemon. If that's the case for B/W2, with B/W Kyurem, I don't think they'll be considered new pokemon either.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Wow, this game revelation finally made me come back to Serebii :O

Anyways, I'm betting that one form is Electric/Ice (Zekrom's), and Reshiram's is Fire/Ice. That would be a really interesting type combo.

Still, maybe the Dragon type has some special effect or something, corresponding with a special ability/item/move. So, it could be toggled.

I just can't believe that they would take off the "Legendary Dragons" pattern so easily. Oh, and it seems that Zekrom/Reshiram have been "iced" against their will. Evil megalomaniac team in Pokemon succeeding in fusing them somehow?

Last edited:

sSerenity

I think White or Black Kyurem remains Dragon Ice, but the White / Black stone gives them stab to Fire / Electric move (so 3-stab :)) and and theses new Kyurem have the same ability (Turboblaze and its counterpart)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Ilan

Insanity_X

I have them listed on the site as Kyurem's forms

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/646.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/kyurem.shtml

What more can I do?

Nothing.

As for the legendaries, working on the assumption that these games are just the third version split in two, I'm going to predict that Reshiram and Zekrom won't be catchable in BW2. Instead they will be each be used to merge with Kyurem in an attempt to form "the original dragon". This, of course fails either because N/Ghestis tries to create the dragon while missing one of the stones, or because the people involved with its creation represent the ideals that caused the fracture in the first place. It doesn't really matter which.

If it's a sequel, Ghestis takes the dragon N doesn't have from the old PC and merges it with Kyurem but can't control it. The new PC catches it, and Ghestis goes quietly realising he did bad (or he's ****ed if he doesn't). Post game N arrives (because his dragon was telling him it needed to come to this place to become the other forme of Kyurem, or it happened at the same time Ghestis' merged and he came back to see what the **** happened)

Aurath8

I'd like to see BWKyurem's typing stay as Dragon/Ice, but it'd get a stat boost(which is currently inferior to Ram/Rom) and it's abilities would be Turboblaze and Teravolt and it get Ice Burn and Freeze Shock respective to each forme. The games but a lot of emphasis on the fact that these are dragons. If not mentioned by name they're always called 'dragons'. So that makes Electric/Ice and Ice/Fire look less likely.
And of course Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fire is possible, but I don't see it happening.

DanteKoriyu

That's not true. He could do exactly what he did on the forum. Add a brief update to the news posts, something akin to: "NOE have confirmed that Black Kyurem and white Kyurem are indeed alternate forms of Kyurem, and thus still #646 in the Pokedex."

Yes it seems like something obvious that shouldn't need to be said, but some fans speak foreign languages, some are young kids, and some are just too stubborn for their own good.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
That's not true. He could do exactly what he did on the forum. Add a brief update to the news posts, something akin to: "NOE have confirmed that Black Kyurem and white Kyurem are indeed alternate forms of Kyurem, and thus still #646 in the Pokedex."

Yes it seems like something obvious that shouldn't need to be said, but some fans speak foreign languages, some are young kids, and some are just too stubborn for their own good.

And that is why he said nothing. If it hasn't gotten through to those people by now, it never will (well until the game is released).

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
I like both of them, I'm gonna get black 2 cause the legend looks
Better to me. Can't wait for the games!!!!

Aurath8

Anyone remember the God Stone? You know, the counterpart to the Dark and Light Stones? The one that was left unused?
We should probably talk about that...

JD

Anyone remember the God Stone? You know, the counterpart to the Dark and Light Stones? The one that was left unused?

Almost forgot about that, I don't know what purpose it'll have in the story though besides summoning Kyurem.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon

It's most likely just a leftover from B/W, just like the Red Chain was a leftover in D/P.

Status
Not open for further replies.