• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have no idea since I never played DP. Only Platinum.

Theres no such thing as Origin Forme Giratina, Sky Forme Shaymin, and there was no Heat/Frost/Cut/whatever Rotom in Diamond/Pearl. Those forms was only in games after Diamond/Pearl.

Black/White Kyurem does not exist in Black/White or else we would know about it as soon as the games were out.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I love how the new kyurim forms look. I hope that you can catch both zekrom and reshiram in both games. I also hope there will be another event to catch victini because I never really used it D=

supa-hero

This is just my first observation from just seeing the Kyurem/Reshiram and Kyurem/Zekrom promos is that i thought it had looked like Kyurem had split into two parts and joined with the current legendaries to make them stronger maybe?
Just look though for example, Kyurem is mostly grey but featuring the blue/grey body parts like the wings and the head. However the new legendaries only have the blue/grey aspects added onto them.
If you use the head of Kyurem it seems to have split up between the two, Zekrom has seen to have the top half of its head whereas Reshiram seems to have the lower half.
Any thoughts?

Looks more like a left/ right split to me but I agree. Reshiram has its right side Kyurem'd and Zekrom has Kyurem fused to its left side. Which kinda seems to add up what with reshiram and zekrom meant to have split from one dragon. Maybe we will see this one dragon.

bushie

with all the commotion about the new kyurem forms.i completely forgot about victini. it might play a bigger role this game

CakeMixXIII

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but oh well.

Is it possible that when Masuda mentioned Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as seperate pokemon, he actually meant that they would be their own pokemon in the Pokedex and not just forms of Kyurem?

Instead, could the form placeholder that Kyurem has, be the 'Ultimate Dragon' from the legend and not the new forms?

Also, could these 2 new pokemon be alternate forms of Reshiram and Zekrom and not Kyurem?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but oh well.

Is it possible that when Masuda mentioned Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as seperate pokemon, he actually meant that they would be their own pokemon in the Pokedex and not just forms of Kyurem?

Instead, could the form placeholder that Kyurem has, be the 'Ultimate Dragon' from the legend and not the new forms?

Also, could these 2 new pokemon be alternate forms of Reshiram and Zekrom and not Kyurem?

How many times, do we have to say this? They are not separate Pokemon.
They are Kyurem Formes. They are still numbered 646. Why call them "Kyurem" to begin with?

Allow me to quote Serebii's post:

I know many are confused over Masuda's comments about these beign Legendary Pokémon to the point that people think they are new, I just received the assets from NOE

They are named

646_BlackKyurem
646_WhiteKyurem

This proves that they are forms and not seperate Pokémon. Obvious, I know, but still...worth noting

So, people, please stop this "Black/White Kyurem are not formes" discussion.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
I'm sorry, but this could be true about them being new Pokemon. Masuda could have just called them B/W Kyurem because of the movie. Maybe in the movie B/W Kyurem are actually Zekrom/Reshiram things, I don't know how to explain that. I think they're forms, but I'm not taking one side, I look into both sides.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I personally don't think Zekrom and Reshiram will be available for capture if this is a sequel. Canonically, N owns one dragon and the player character owns the other. GameFreak can't just be like "Oh derp here's another Zekrom for you who is N what" because them catching the dragons is a part of the story.
Haven't they pretty much already done that with previous games? Platinum allowed us to catch the Legendaries already caught in D/P, HGSS allowed us to catch the Legendaries already caught in FRLG in addition to granting us one of the Legendaries from Hoenn and Sinnoh. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, Groudon, Zapdos, Articuno, and Rayquaza were all caught as part of the story and we were still allowed to catch them again later on. So it doesn't seem like it wold be strange for them to do it again this time around.

goldfly2005

Haven't they pretty much already done that with previous games? Platinum allowed us to catch the Legendaries already caught in D/P, HGSS allowed us to catch the Legendaries already caught in FRLG in addition to granting us one of the Legendaries from Hoenn and Sinnoh. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, Groudon, Zapdos, Articuno, and Rayquaza were all caught as part of the story and we were still allowed to catch them again later on. So it doesn't seem like it wold be strange for them to do it again this time around.

I would like to point out that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are closer to remakes then sequels. Black 2 and White 2 could very well be actual sequels. Also: in other games, the legendaries were never explicitly caught. This was the case in Black and White. If Black/White 2 are sequels, it would go against established canon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know this probably won't sit well with everyone else, but I'm going to say it anyway: I dislike Kyurem's new forms. I had always thought of Kyurem as a decent Legendary Pokemon; maybe a little misshapen, but still interesting. However, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have actually made me hate the species. The new forms are essentially Reshiram and Zekrom with parts of Kyurem attached; when I saw them, I was immediately reminded of the Pokemon fusions that Northern Lights used to do. Kyurem notwithstanding, I am looking forward to a possible new form for Keldeo.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm sorry, but this could be true about them being new Pokemon. Masuda could have just called them B/W Kyurem because of the movie. Maybe in the movie B/W Kyurem are actually Zekrom/Reshiram things, I don't know how to explain that. I think they're forms, but I'm not taking one side, I look into both sides.

*headdesk*

You take sides in matters of opinion. This is fact. They are formes of Kyurem, not separate Pokemon. We know this for sure now.

JD

I know this probably won't sit well with everyone else, but I'm going to say it anyway: I dislike Kyurem's new forms. I had always thought of Kyurem as a decent Legendary Pokemon; maybe a little misshapen, but still interesting. However, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have actually made me hate the species. The new forms are essentially Reshiram and Zekrom with parts of Kyurem attached; when I saw them, I was immediately reminded of the Pokemon fusions that Northern Lights used to do. Kyurem notwithstanding, I am looking forward to a possible new form for Keldeo.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, I like Kyurem's new forms I think they look pretty creative I actually like them more than Reshiram and Zekrom. I don't know about Keldeo getting a new form it would be interesting to say the least but I don't think any data for a new form was found in the coding.

They are FORMS. I don't see why people are having such a hard time understanding that.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Kyurem notwithstanding, I am looking forward to a possible new form for Keldeo.

Keldeo's not getting a new forme. In DP, there was forme code for Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina. In BW, the same type of code existed for Kyurem, but not any others. There aren't going to be any new formes this generation, unless they make a fourth one for Kyurem (which I really doubt.)

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.

I'm with you here. When I first saw the forms, I though they were okay, until I noticed it really looked like someone had decided to glue on Kyurem parts to the right & left halves. I especially dislike black Kyurem now taking the hunched stance.

IamLegend

Legend

You're not the only one who dislikes them. It really seems as if Game Freak, and Nintendo, jumped the shark. It was evident that design ingenuity has declined. With these new "forms", however, it's become blatantly obvious. They look like some 12-year-old learned how to use Photoshop.

I really hope these are just incomplete forms. If they are, though, it just raises more questions. I hope for more info soon. I'm curious as to where this goes. Hopefully this goes to a pleasant surprise, and not a let down.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Does anyone know exactly how the coding for shiny Pokemon works? Meaning, based on Black & White's coding, it's not possible to obtain a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom, correct? If that's the case isn't it possible that we could be given the opportunity to catch them again with them having the possibility of being shiny? They do have shiny formes. Or could we expect an event?

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
Meh, Only reason there was speculation of forms or not is because it was posted on the sight originally as two new pokemon.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I'm guess the formes aren't the original dragon which I was wasn't expecting darn these games are so mysterious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.