• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I would like to think that they would give some more attack options for Zekrom and the other legendaries (Zekrom should have earthquake its ability is being wasted without it, and Virizion could use a new special fighting move or maybe just aura sphere/vaccum wave.)

Kyreums new forms are interesting. They look like it tried to fuse/take control off both Zekrom and Reshiram. If I had to guess it probably uses an item to change its form or maybe a special location. Either way it well be interesting to see what they do.

As for other legendaries they might make it so you can catch Keldeo, Melotta, and Genesect (though they well probably require a special event exculsive item to get them.)

These new game caught me by surprise. I just hope they don't try to make a version 3. That would really annoy me.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
On a completely different note, what do you think they're going to do with Giant Chasm? Will we encounter Kyurem there, or something else?

I think it's still going to play some prominent role in Black 2 & White 2. If they are indeed sequels, then Kyurem was in the Giant Chasm however long before the time BW/2 take place (in Black & White). This isn't like DP where Giratina was in the Turnback Cave, and then cut/pasted into the plot and the Distortion World in Pt. This time Kyurem was, at one point in time, at the Giant Chasm. So he's either still there, or he leaves to interact with the plot, leaving the Giant Chasm as just an additional place to adventure post-game.

I also think Lacunosa Town has to have a bigger role. All of the town's people fear the "scary monster [that] comes out of the big hole" at night. The largest house in Lacunosa Town (largest, indicating most significant?) shelters an elderly woman who tells stories about the monster.

"Behind our Lacunosa Town, there's a big hole in the ground. That hole, way in the past... Aaaahhh, I'm so tired... That hole, there was a...a big...crashed down...inside was...big, scary...really scary... Zzz... Zzz... Zzz..."

So there's obviously some plot behind not just Kyurem but the Giant Chasm, too.

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
RSE, DPPt, and HGSS all had their box legends directly before Gym 8. BW had them just for the last two battles.

I played through Sapphire recently and swept the E4 with nothing but a Lv. 58 Broseidon.

On a completely different note, what do you think they're going to do with Giant Chasm? Will we encounter Kyurem there, or something else?

It will probably be part of the plot like in Emerald where you at least had to go to the tower to awaken Rayquaza to advance in the story whereas in R/S it was completely optional to go there. In R/S it was also part of the post E4 features just like giant chasm.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I would like to point out that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are closer to remakes then sequels. Black 2 and White 2 could very well be actual sequels. Also: in other games, the legendaries were never explicitly caught. This was the case in Black and White. If Black/White 2 are sequels, it would go against established canon.
True, but they can easily rectify what happen in B/W as the Legendary simply joining the final battle instead of us actually catching it. That would allow them to be caught again later on.

DanteKoriyu

It's not canonly required that the player capture the dragon, their is a loophole. To quote Serebii's main site:

If, when you reach the end of the game, you have a maxed party and maxed boxes, the game will progress without you needing to capture Reshiram/Zekrom (previously, the game will not continue until it is captured, and you will be able to capture Reshiram/Zekrom in Black & White respectively in the Dragonspiral Tower. They will once again be at Level 50. Reshiram & Zekrom cannot be captured in their shiny appearances.

goldfly2005

True, but they can easily rectify what happen in B/W as the Legendary simply joining the final battle instead of us actually catching it. That would allow them to be caught again later on.
That would most certainly work. However, I feel that it is best to assume canon the way it is shown within the games themselves.

It's not canonly required that the player capture the dragon, their is a loophole. To quote Serebii's main site:

That loophole is likely more to safeguard against making it impossible for the player to catch the cover legendary, rather than an actual change to the canon.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

What do you think the odds are that your average 10 year old will capture 726 Pokemon prior to their encounter with their version dragon?

Galent

That loophole is likely more to safeguard against making it impossible for the player to catch the cover legendary, rather than an actual change to the canon.

I agree, though I also think that it's there primarily to protect the player from being unable to progress in the storyline.

Here's my take on Kyurem's alternate forms:
Considering this generation doesn't seem to follow 'tradition', maybe Kyurem only changes forms when Kyurem is in the party with either Zekrom/Reshiram and one of the two is holding a special item.
Though I don't think that item would be the Light or Dark stone unless N's dragon decided to turn back into a stone after taking him to a far away place.

DanteKoriyu

That's not the point. Yes, its a safeguard, but that doesn't change the fact that the story doesn't 100% force you to capture the dragon. Unlike the Gym Challenges and such, it's an event that can be avoided (granted its a lot of work to do so). Therefore, any "retcon" of having the dragon the player was supposed to capture remain in the wild would not necessarily go against canon if that's the path Nintendo chooses to go down.

It is an possible and plausible option, which is all I'm saying.

Jesus. The game lets you not catch the legendary for GAMEPLAY ISSUES. That's it. Story-wise, canon-wise, you ALWAYS catch it. A retcon for it being found in the wild would be utterly retarded for 90% of the player base. Seriously, would the 10 year-old version of you find it acceptable, when you caught the legendary in your BW? Do you think people would then tell you the loophole and you would not find it ridiculous for serving as canon for the sequels?

I like playing devil's advocate, but this case is ridiculous.

Last edited:

JamesRaynor

Jesus. The game lets you not catch the legendary for GAMEPLAY ISSUES. That's it. Story-wise, canon-wise, you ALWAYS catch it. A retcon for it being found in the wild would be utterly retarded for 90% of the player base. Seriously, would the 10 year-old version of you find it acceptable, when you caught the legendary in your BW? Do you think people would then tell you the loophole and you would not find it ridiculous for serving as canon for the sequels?

I like playing devil's advocate, but this case is ridiculous.

Well N was seen releasing the opposite pokemon in the games. Zekrom/Krurem fusion appears in black, the one where the player catches reshiram so...

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
That would most certainly work. However, I feel that it is best to assume canon the way it is shown within the games themselves.
True, but in the end, they're really the ones who decide what's canon. The only reason I see a possible change happening is due to them wanting one way or another for the same number of pokemon available to even new players who didn't get B/W. I don't think they would set up a situation that's dependent on the player having the previous game considering how they worked in the past.

-Kyurem-

BW2 FTW!
On a completely Kyurem unrelated note, what other legends do you all think that we'll see? I can almost guarantee that we'll see Reshiram\Zekrom. I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
Yeah, not happening I know.

About this whole argument that is happening above me. I do not think that they would set up a dependent situation, however, I think that the game would be more understandable\enjoyable if you had played the first BW games.

JamesRaynor

On a completely Kyurem unrelated note, what other legends do you all think that we'll see? I can almost guarantee that we'll see Reshiram\Zekrom. I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
Yeah, not happening I know.

About this whole argument that is happening above me. I do not think that they would set up a dependent situation, however, I think that the game would be more understandable\enjoyable if you had played the first BW games.

Likely after the games go live they'll host events for both 1 and 2 versions. 2 will probably have more intricate events for the pokemon, while 1 will be faster to actually getting them.

Geekachu

Although that assumes that Black 2 and White 2 are going to take place in Unova. It has yet to be specified in which region these games are situated (and no, I'm not suggesting Hoenn).

Considering this generation doesn't seem to follow 'tradition', maybe Kyurem only changes forms when Kyurem is in the party with either Zekrom/Reshiram and one of the two is holding a special item.

Why would Zekrom and Reshiram have any effect on it?

Zekrom/Krurem fusion appears in black, the one where the player catches reshiram so...

They're not fusions. It's been explicitly stated that these are different forms, despite the striking similarities.

I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
Yeah, not happening I know...

Sort of answered your own speculation; they'll be distributed via event.

-Kyurem-

BW2 FTW!
^ I meant previous event pokemon. Like the ones where the event ended years ago. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a Genosect event yet.

Seeing you guys talking about the events, has this been speculated before:

You know how Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta weren't actually put into the game? Maybe they'll do that for BW2 and that's how you're supposed to obtain the three

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Seeing you guys talking about the events, has this been speculated before:

You know how Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta weren't actually put into the game? Maybe they'll do that for BW2 and that's how you're supposed to obtain the three

That could be a possibility. Further perks to purchasing Black 2 & White 2? Perhaps. I mean Keldeo could be located in a location where Dive is necessary (also utilizing the improved catch rate of the Dive Ball), Genosect could be located at the P2 Laboratory. Meloetta must have something to do with the Musical Hall, or whatever it's called.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
At first I thought that the two legendary Pokemon were different forms of Zekrom and Reshiram because they looked so alike. The fact that they're 2 forms of Kyurem...eh, doesn't fit really well with me. Oh well, as long as Kyurem is buffed somehow, I'll be happy.

Agreed. There's still the P2 Lab story thing in BW, so I'm pretty sure GameFreak would use the story as a sub-plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.