• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Lugia and Ho-Oh say hi.

You forgot Pikachu!

All kidding aside, Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise and Pikachu aren't Legendary Pokemon with an a storyline based on them. Gold and Silver were released before the concept of having the Legends made version-exclusive and were probably kept that way for HG/SS to keep that part of the games involving Lugia and Ho-oh intact. Though it could be possible to obtain both White Kyurem and Black Kyurem in both games, I doubt it because having them appear on 2 different games instead of 1 suggests they are version-exclusive.

stenli

Flabebes
I think Black and White Kyurem will keep its Dragon-typing. It's always refered as the legendary dragon, so tell me how in the world it loses the type. Besides Fire/Ice will suck competitively. I have no idea for the secondary typing, though. Seems like there are too much electricity / fire for them not to be the respective type. But how about Freeze Shock, Ice Burn and Glaciate? That would be a waste of THREE signature moveS on Kyurem. :(

I hope Kyurem doesn't need to hold anything to change form, so he can utilize another useful items. And afaik, God Stone was removed in NA/EU version of the game, probably because of its theological reference. :]

EDIT: and please stop talking about fusions, i dont work at game freak but i know that's silly.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Pikachu wasn't a mascot of a pair of games so he couldn't have been version exclusive.

Ok, you've got me there. But still, Gen 1 and 2 games aren't the same as the last 3 generations.

Red/Blue/Green featured starter Pokemon, so that isn't the same as a Legendary mascot. Also, you can only obtain 1 starter in-game, so in a way, they are version exclusive. (though, only for the one you chose.) (The only game that allowed you to obtain more than 1 starter without trading was Yellow.)

Lugia and Ho-oh are the only real exception since they're both Legendary Pokemon. However, Gen 2 came out in a time were you had to physically connect with people to trade. Gen 3 introduced the idea of version exclusive Legends to encourage trading, though it was still limited. These days, you can trade with anyone anywhere, so I don't see why they would put both formes in both games. That would defeat the purpose of having 2 games to begin with.

x0MoMusica0x

i dont know or care about Kyurem or anything related to it. But I believe that the storyline will definitely go on hold if you dont somehow posses it. I think that you'll probably have to originally catch Zekrom/Reshiram and like Giratina?Shaymin, some sort of event will be released and they will change forms. Gamefreak probably has a way of seperating them, but only details and time will answer those for us

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
I liked the idea of the meteors in the library changing Deoxy's form, so I was thinking that to switch Kyurem's form, you would do the same with the light/dark stones

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
It could be an ability, or it could just be a flavour thing.

(And before somebody goes LOLOL new ability let me point out: a) I don't work at Game Freak b) the new Kyurem can't be used in battle against BW in the front place so it may be reasonable to speculate and c)it's just speculation)

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
It could be an ability, or it could just be a flavour thing.

(And before somebody goes LOLOL new ability let me point out: a) I don't work at Game Freak b) the new Kyurem can't be used in battle against BW in the front place so it may be reasonable to speculate and c)it's just speculation)

I posted this in the news thread haha, that they could make it an ability that is. I agree it's not unreasonable to think they might be. I said something like both Kyurem forms being Dragon and Ice type, then when the Overdrive ability kicks in, then it changed White Kyurem to Dragon and Fire and Black Kyurem to Dragon and Electric.

I was shocked when I found that link on the Daisuki website, but when I informed Serebii, he said that the term "Overdrive" was also used for Reshiram and Zekrom when their tails light up too.

Last edited:

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I liked the idea of the meteors in the library changing Deoxy's form, so I was thinking that to switch Kyurem's form, you would do the same with the light/dark stones

I said this on the last page :D except i have a feeling the 'meteorites' will be a statue of Reshiram or zekrom... just an idea though i have no clue what will happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.