• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
The obvious is that Tornadus has a new bird-like forme, Thunderus still seems to have arms, but maybe he is based on a Garuda or Thunderbird? And Landorus' moustache seems to be like a beak, so I'm making a complete stab in the dark and suggesting a griffin-look forme as maybe that still ties in with the ground typing what with a Griffin being a combination of a land and flying animal. I'm pretty sure they will all keep their typing and possibly more varied stats between the three. Would be interesting to see how it all ties in with their origin story.

Personally I'm a fan of adding new formes, to me it makes it worth buying new games. I'm hoping for a few more surprises between now and the release. If I remember correctly, Rotom wasn't revealed to have new formes until the actual release? I'm a collector so that's why I like it. I'm not convinced that these should be exclusive to the AR catcher, as that would seem to exclude those who aren't 3DS owners, though maybe its just a clever marketing ploy to convince those who still haven't invested in one yet.

gliscor&yanmega

Am I the only one who thinks the new forms (from what I can currently see), look awesome?

I'll wait until clearing pictures of them come out, but right now I'm a little(Well a lot) surprise by the new forms, and I think it's a little odd that they change from whatever they were before to Bird-like, I'm sure I'll get use to them, I doubt I'm going to be too interested in them, especially since they are suppose to be for the 3DS/AR, of which I don't have. I doubt I'll hate their design or anything either though, they look fine from what I'm seeing so far. Still surprised.

kemal07

I'll wait until clearing pictures of them come out, but right now I'm a little(Well a lot) surprise by the new forms, and I think it's a little odd that they change from whatever they were before to Bird-like, I'm sure I'll get use to them, I doubt I'm going to be too interested in them, especially since they are suppose to be for the 3DS/AR, of which I don't have. I doubt I'll hate their design or anything either though, they look fine from what I'm seeing so far. Still surprised.

Oh God, I totally forgot about the whole 3DS factor... Damn... it just isn't fair : /

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Good GOD YES. I always love *** Pull gamefreak, they just come up with things outta nowhere, for better or for worse. This time its better, cause you just gotta love new formes for the Kamis, especially if its a bird/turtle/tiger as some suspect.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Wait, I thought they were all 3 birds? I thought Landorus was a duck.

Now that I look close closer, Thundurus looks like it has arms...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well they were ment to be animals, but they ran out of idea's so they started using objects and i have no problem with that, but these new forms are just random features stuck onto a pokemon with no consideration on how it will end up looking like.

"When the aztec god Huitzilopochtli died, it returned to the form of a green and purple hummingbird. See the link on the lower end of my post for more.

Oh. WOW. I must say, that I'm one of those who are fairly surprised at the these guys got new formes, although when you think about it, that hint was dropped when the silhouette of a slightly cartoony-looking mystery Pokemon was shown in that Pokedex 3D.

I'm personally glad they get their own, more unique designs; I wasn't too happy with the fact that they were basically recolors of each other with different tails. X)

See, looks like there's more to it rather than just throwing in new formes. :D ;160;

Blech, I hate the hate towards these guys and the idea that they're just recolorings.. There's far more different to them that meets the eyes, and also when there's a trio, it isn't bad to have some uniformity between them. I mean jeez where was the hate for the pixie trio back in DP? They're all blue.. have the same tails, just a different headdress... But wait, we had Phione to bash back then.. Of course.. The other legendaries in BW were just too clean to be bashed, and since we all knew from the start that Kyurem was going to get new formes, then that only left the Kami-trio to be bashed in full.

Some differences:
- Head'clouds'
- Tails
- Horn patterns (Tornadus having two, Thundurus having 1, and Landorus having 3)
- Typing (again referring to the Pixies here because they were all the same type, while these guys obviously aren't) and subsequent movesets.

Well......

About the new Formes,

the Peaple in European and American area said that refers to the Asian myth,

and the Peaple in Asian area said that refers to the European and American myth...... :601:

Like what? The Aztecian god Huitzilopochtli perhaps? It is believed to have led the Aztecs to a new homeland and defended the territory. When he died, he then turned into a green-backed hummingbird. Looks close enough to Tornadus, surely. At least with the green and purple coloring, it being a god, a bird, etc... Ow, and there's also a aztecian god that turned into a panther that was the god of the earth, and there's quetzalcoatl, who became a blue serpent when it died.. Jee.. Hmm..

From Kami, to Aztec gods, who would've seen this coming? :p

Asides from that, do we even have a good scan from all of the trio? Because I can't see Landorus as a turtle anywhere, so the Asian quartet thing is out of the window in my book.

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Like what? The Aztecian god Huitzilopochtli perhaps? It is believed to have led the Aztecs to a new homeland and defended the territory. When he died, he then turned into a green-backed hummingbird. Looks close enough to Tornadus, surely. At least with the green and purple coloring, it being a god, a bird, etc... Ow, and there's also a aztecian god that turned into a panther that was the god of the earth, and there's quetzalcoatl, who became a blue serpent when it died.. Jee.. Hmm..

But Thundurus looks like it has arms.... God of the earth would be Landorus, but looks like he turns into a worm or snake thing. It's all backwards.

Asides from that, do we even have a good scan from all of the trio? Because I can't see Landorus as a turtle anywhere, so the Asian quartet thing is out of the window in my book.

I think the fact that there's 3 of them kinda ruins the Asian quartet idea automatically.

Chomper4

To me:

Tornadus looks like a bird
Thundurus looks like a snake
Landorus looks like a tiger

gliscor&yanmega

Landorus looks like an Owl to me personally, with it's wings folded back, mustache thing in the form of a beak.

Tornadus obviously is a Bird of some sort.

Thundurus is hard to make out, but considering I think the other two are Birds, I'd say this is a Bird as well.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon

That sounds quite plausible, although I am wondering why they decided to give the Kami trio new formes.
And is it me, or are Tornadus and Thunderus wearing bras? ...

kemal07

Landorus looks like an Owl to me personally, with it's wings folded back, mustache thing in the form of a beak.

Tornadus obviously is a Bird of some sort.

Thundurus is hard to make out, but considering I think the other two are Birds, I'd say this is a Bird as well.

I wonder the reason behind the Genies new forms... any ideas?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
To me, Tornadus = Bird, Thundurus = Dragon, Landolus = ..... something disturbingly thin~ ^^ No better pic of them yet, I take it?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
But Thundurus looks like it has arms.... God of the earth would be Landorus, but looks like he turns into a worm or snake thing. It's all backwards.

I think the fact that there's 3 of them kinda ruins the Asian quartet idea automatically.

It's backwards, yes, but a serpent can still have arms..

I didn't put forth the asian quartet idea, but the ones who did specified Kyurem to be the dragon. Implying that the kami's are linked to it.

gliscor&yanmega

That sounds quite plausible, although I am wondering why they decided to give the Kami trio new formes.
And is it me, or are Tornadus and Thunderus wearing bras? ...

It looks like the same thing they had back in their original forms.

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/92/Kami_trio_Myth.png/800px-Kami_trio_Myth.png[/IMG139]

I wonder the reason behind the Genies new forms... any ideas?

No idea. I think it's just some sort of thing that happened, maybe an item caused it or a Pokemon, or a person.

Grey Wind

uh

wha

They gave the Kamis new forms? And good god, ugly forms at that. Tornadus has major retardation, but Thundurus looks all right from what I can see.

Last edited:

IchiXIV

Pokémon Collector
It's backwards, yes, but a serpent can still have arms..

I didn't put forth the asian quartet idea, but the ones who did specified Kyurem to be the dragon. Implying that the kami's are linked to it.

There may still be some linkage to the Asian myth. Remember last time when we have the Regis, who would have thought there will be the forth on the next Gen. Maybe this will be the same case?

Status
Not open for further replies.