• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
If we can't comment or complain about what we know of the new form, why the hell you guys posted the picture here?

There is nothing wrong about it.

Ver-mont

Based on what we've seen from the new form (and Keldeo's gigantic ugly head sure isn't just 10% of it), it doesn't seem to have changed much, and its head doesn't look interesting, on the contrary. If, by any chance, the body was redesigned and looks better, maybe the new form is worth something, but I don't think it's likely. I think that's better.

legoslayer10

Legendary Master
If we can't comment or complain about what we know of the new form, why the hell you guys posted the picture here?

There is nothing wrong about it.

Except for the fact about how kiddy-style it is. When I think of legendary swordsmen, I don't come across a My Little Pony in history. Keldeo needs to look more awesome AND mature.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Why can't things be exactly how I want them all the time?!?!?!

Seriously though this is like when BW (and DP and RS) came out and everyone complained that the new Pokemon didn't look like Pokemon. They are Pokemon therefore they look like Pokemon.

Ver-mont

Who said they have to be? People simply don't like Keldeo's new forme. I don't see what's wrong with that, it's not like we have to love everything GameFreak does.

If things had to be exactly how I want them all the time, many, many things would be different.

Seriously though this is like when BW (and DP and RS) came out and everyone complained that the new Pokemon didn't look like Pokemon. They are Pokemon therefore they look like Pokemon.

No, it's not.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination

They don't need to be.

I didn't complain when BW, DP or RS came out. This is the first time I am complaining about Pokémon designs.
And yes, Keldeo looks like a Pokémon (hurr), but it is ugly to me and I have the right to express my opinions, don't I?

A lot of people complains about two Pokémon that I like (Vanilluxe and Garbodor) and I don't really care about what they say.
Why can't you accept that some people are not happy about Keldeo's new form?

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Just when BW/RS/DP came out? I thought this happened every time new Pokemon were revealed.

They don't need to be.

I think that was sarcasm on his part.

Last edited:

legoslayer10

Legendary Master
I'll say it again, no Pokemon, debated or not, should ever look like a My Little Pony, ESPECIALLY when the Pokemon is a master swordsman. "But oh, we can't always like the way Game Freak thinks." I don't care, Keldeo looks stupid and weak.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'll say it again, no Pokemon, debated or not, should ever look like a My Little Pony, ESPECIALLY when the Pokemon is a master swordsman. "But oh, we can't always like the way Game Freak thinks." I don't care, Keldeo looks stupid and weak.

Mellow out, man, it's not even based off of MLP. At best it's a mild coincidental similarity; I don't even think it's looks like one in the first place. To me it just looks like a stylised colt, which is what it's supposed to resemble.

gliscor&yanmega

Who said they have to be? People simply don't like Keldeo's new forme. I don't see what's wrong with that, it's not like we have to love everything GameFreak does.

And yes, Keldeo looks like a Pokémon (hurr), but it is ugly to me and I have the right to express my opinions, don't I?

A lot of people complains about two Pokémon that I like (Vanilluxe and Garbodor) and I don't really care about what they say.
Why can't you accept that some people are not happy about Keldeo's new form?

Yes yes, everyone has their right of free speech, opinions and whatnot, but, there are a rather large handful of people who have a very poor way of stating said opinions, in fact, it's pretty obvious some people aren't even stating their opinions more so being arrogant with personal preferences.

Anyone who says "*Enter thing here* sucks so much, *enter whoever is responsible for the thing's creation* is stupid for making it" certainly isn't doing a very good job of stating their opinions. Opinions are meant to be personal views, should be respectful, and shouldn't be some random nonsense that makes it fail as an opinion.

If people don't like Keldeo's new form, what's so wrong with simply saying "I personally don't like it, the reasons being *stating in a respectful manner, personal reasons why the person doesn't like it*, I would have prefer if it was as such, *stating what person would have preferred in a respectful manner*. I don't plan to use this form. I'm sure others like it, so it at less will please a decent amount of people", over "OMG!?!! What is wrong with game freak!!! it's ugyl and studpi!. they shouldnt have done something so horible, they are runing out of ideas. AHH IT'S SO *Swears* UGLY!!!!!!!!".

You don't like something, that's great, no one likes everything, but that doesn't mean you should start hating, start ranting, and overall just be arrogant and disrespectful over your opinion which you may or may not even believe to be an opinion(Because as I mentioned, there are people who think their opinions are actual facts). Accept the fact that while you don't like it, there are those who do like. Accept the fact that you're not going to have everything appealing to you, so don't expect everything to be perfect to you. Accept the fact that your personal views doesn't in anyway define whether something is "good", "bad", "necessary", unnecessary", "beautiful/cool/awesome", "ugly/lame/whatever", etc...etc...etc...

In the end, if people could be more respectful with their opinions, with their personal views, things would be so much more calmer.

On the subject of Keldeo's new form, personally I'm currently neither crazy about or hating on it, I do like that it's got a bigger horn now though.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
New Keldeo is great btw. The eyebrow things shrank and look better, the mane is fuller and everything is in line with Old Keldeo, and the horn enlargement makes sense. Hell the whole things so far looks good, and its much better then the abonimation that was Skymin. I am indifferent for Old Keldeo, so this might be a bit biased for now, but I do think the body will be as good. The snout is also smaller apparently, so thank lord for that.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
i have not hate on keldeo or anything its a cool looking pokemon it just doesnt look like a legendary but neither did shaymin, soo that how it goes im just looking forward to keldeos new form

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
IMO, the head of Keldeo's Resolution form looks cool with the long jagged horn. With that said, I think Keldeo's Resolution form should be given the Lightningrod ability to take greater advantage of the long horn. It makes sense since Keldeo's signature move is a special attack, which would be powered up if Lightningrod is activated. Furthermore, this would give Keldeo an immunity to T-Wave and other electrical attacks that Keldeo's Usual form normally fears.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Just when BW/RS/DP came out? I thought this happened every time new Pokemon were revealed.

Ah you're right, silly me.

I think that was sarcasm on his part.

Yes indeed it was.

Yes yes, everyone has their right of free speech, opinions and whatnot, but, there are a rather large handful of people who have a very poor way of stating said opinions, in fact, it's pretty obvious some people aren't even stating their opinions more so being arrogant with personal preferences.

Anyone who says "*Enter thing here* sucks so much, *enter whoever is responsible for the thing's creation* is stupid for making it" certainly isn't doing a very good job of stating their opinions. Opinions are meant to be personal views, should be respectful, and shouldn't be some random nonsense that makes it fail as an opinion.

If people don't like Keldeo's new form, what's so wrong with simply saying "I personally don't like it, the reasons being *stating in a respectful manner, personal reasons why the person doesn't like it*, I would have prefer if it was as such, *stating what person would have preferred in a respectful manner*. I don't plan to use this form. I'm sure others like it, so it at less will please a decent amount of people", over "OMG!?!! What is wrong with game freak!!! it's ugyl and studpi!. they shouldnt have done something so horible, they are runing out of ideas. AHH IT'S SO *Swears* UGLY!!!!!!!!".

You don't like something, that's great, no one likes everything, but that doesn't mean you should start hating, start ranting, and overall just be arrogant and disrespectful over your opinion which you may or may not even believe to be an opinion(Because as I mentioned, there are people who think their opinions are actual facts). Accept the fact that while you don't like it, there are those who do like. Accept the fact that you're not going to have everything appealing to you, so don't expect everything to be perfect to you. Accept the fact that your personal views doesn't in anyway define whether something is "good", "bad", "necessary", unnecessary", "beautiful/cool/awesome", "ugly/lame/whatever", etc...etc...etc...

In the end, if people could be more respectful with their opinions, with their personal views, things would be so much more calmer.

On the subject of Keldeo's new form, personally I'm currently neither crazy about or hating on it, I do like that it's got a bigger horn now though.

You have over 4,000 posts and have been around since 2008 so I trust you know that while civil people all want these things to happen, it simply isn't in the cards for an online forum.

If only...

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I'm sensing a bitterness towards bronies being redirected at Keldeo.

legoslayer10

Legendary Master
Mellow out, man, it's not even based off of MLP. At best it's a mild coincidental similarity; I don't even think it's looks like one in the first place. To me it just looks like a stylised colt, which is what it's supposed to resemble.
It may not be based off of MLP, but it still is obviously somewhere related to prissy-looking horses. I do admire finally having an ACTUAL sword Pokemon. His moveset and stats, I do think, are freakishly awesome, and that he is a good Pokemon overall, I do respect what he stands for. But his design makes him seem to me like he hates fighting, and that's what I hate.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
It may not be based off of MLP, but it still is obviously somewhere related to prissy-looking horses. I do admire finally having an ACTUAL sword Pokemon. His moveset and stats, I do think, are freakishly awesome, and that he is a good Pokemon overall, I do respect what he stands for. But his design makes him seem to me like he hates fighting, and that's what I hate.

Maybe he doesn't like to fight and he will in his new resolution forme which we haven't seen all of yet.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

...I think it is even less likely that GF would design a Pokemon to look like a "prissy-looking horse." It's a young horse, and it's mildly cartoonish looks are supposed to evoke a sense of inexperience and youth, not pander to MLP fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.