• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I can't believe they're releasing it this early. I thought they'd wait until next spring so they'd have something to promote the 2013 movie. It doesn't make any sense, why are they throwing away all their cards now? Doesn't it make more business sense to reveal slowly, to keep the hype going?

I'm beginning to wonder if they're not rushing this generation intentionally so they can release 3DS games for 6th gen.

Aegon

I'm beginning to wonder if they're not rushing this generation intentionally so they can release 3DS games for 6th gen.
Of course they are. BW was released at the end of the DS' life. It's very plausible that we'll have Gen VI next year.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
-_-.... I just looked if there was any changes that might explain the ability censor.

There isn't, which makes me question why they decided to block that one out when they told everything else(height, weight, Techno Blast variations, P2 Lab event, Level 50 stats etc.), but I guess aside from having something to talk about in September issue there isn't any.

They often hide things like this. It's common. They don't care that the internet know about it

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
ooooooh, serebii double posteeeeeeed...

People, please don't say they're rushing things. That'd imply that this goes against their initial plan. This doesn't appear to be the case. We learned in 2010 that the anime was a 3 year saga and we've had various other hints. It's not being rushed

I didn't mean they'd changed their plans. Just that they were rushing Gen 5 to fill the gap between HGSS and the 3DS. They always plan things out in advance, that's why I said intentionally rushing it.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I can't believe they're releasing it this early. I thought they'd wait until next spring so they'd have something to promote the 2013 movie. It doesn't make any sense, why are they throwing away all their cards now? Doesn't it make more business sense to reveal slowly, to keep the hype going?

Probably, maybe they want to start marketing their new 6th generation darling as soon as possible since it's more worthwhile to them and it'd start getting attention drawn to the new generation.

Last edited:

voicerocker

Platinum Master
-_-.... I just looked if there was any changes that might explain the ability censor.

Technically, we're not supposed to know about Genesect. It is a "new" Pokemon. I don't think they'd like to reveal everything about it at once.

Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus were all revealed in seperate years. Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect in the same year. Gen 4 lasted 4 years, which might be why they slowly released the event Legends, but the only thing that makes sense to me for releasing all the event Pokemon within 5 months of each other is that they are trying to wrap Gen 5 up before next year.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Technically, we're not supposed to know about Genesect. It is a "new" Pokemon. I don't think they'd like to reveal everything about it at once.

It just feels weird that they decided to reveal %95 of the important stuff(in games) and just didn't include the %5 to bundle it with stuff about Movie 16 (probably). I know it's standard procedure for Corocoro, but it's kinda weak.

Especially since people will probably learn about it when they get their Genesect in games before September issue is released :V.

Aegon

People, please don't say they're rushing things. That'd imply that this goes against their initial plan. This doesn't appear to be the case. We learned in 2010 that the anime was a 3 year saga and we've had various other hints. It's not being rushed
But evidently they are rushing. That doesn't have to imply they're going against what they set out to do, though.

Especially since people will probably learn about it when they get their Genesect in games before September issue is released :V.
Or from the M16 advert at the end of M15.

Last edited:

diakyu

Whoah, suddenly genesect. Nice to finally have some official art.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
But evidently they are rushing. That doesn't have to imply they're going against what they set out to do, though.

Or from the M16 advert at the end of M15.

How are they going to learn Genesect's ability from the M16 advert...? If you are talking about the pokemon itself then yeah, you're right but not about its stats/etc.

Fox Reeveheart

First BW shiny!
So, why are they releasing this for B/W2 and not B/W1? So they are making a game where they will never release all the pokemon, thus making you completely unable to "catch'em all".

This might sound silly... but can't the better business bureau be called in for something as disingenuous as that?

Aegon

So, why are they releasing this for B/W2 and not B/W1? So they are making a game where they will never release all the pokemon, thus making you completely unable to "catch'em all".

This might sound silly... but can't the better business bureau be called in for something as disingenuous as that?
It has never, ever been possible to "catch 'em all" in one game without trading. I do find it silly to distribute an event legend to only BW2, though it's not the first time this has been done. :/

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Eh, seems like they will really release Generation VI next year... Too bad.
I just hope it is tied to Unova in some way :')

Anyway, looking to the sprites, I thought Genesect had more "rounded" edges, but it is very square-ish. I like it, anyway, probably my favorite legendary.

R_N

the most surprising thing about this is that they're releasing it so early
I figured we'd get a reveal, maybe a tease, and then distribute it sometime next year. December at most

goodness

FusionKT

*cough*
so is genesect only going to be released for B/W2 and if you want it in B/W you will need to trade it there?

Status
Not open for further replies.