• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

not all forms are purely cosmetic though. all legendary forms add something new besides the look whether it be a type change, stat change or move set change. keldeo has nothing new in its resolution form which makes me wonder what the point of it is.

Formes change stats (for Legendaries)
Forms are cosmetic (Castform is the one, single, example against this in that it changes typing between its forms)
If it's technically a Forme but not a legend it's called something else (Zen Mode, Trash Cloak, etc)

Gamefreak is very specific in their naming schemes.

It was likely made so there would be something else to tie to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Spiky Eared Pichu was meant to be done in a similar way.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm disappointed too at how we didn't get the Shiny Rayquaza event, but maybe they're saving the event for....umm, R/S/E remake?

Yeah, no. They missed their chance to release that event when they failed to release it in Conquest's launch window, and a RS remake probably won't happen this gen so I wouldn't expect them to delay it until then.

And yeah, we have a major lack of Deoxys event. Currently it is the ONLY Legendary that NEVER has a worldwide event.

Unless you count Guardian Signs. But considering how ridiculously inaccessible that one is (you need a friend that you can see IRL that also has the game), I'd be more inclined not to.

Still more of a change than shinies or gender differences. This is all just a bit of aesthetic fun.

Still pointless, though. I hope future generations give it some moveset differences, at least.

Celebi was only initially obtainable in Crystal.
Deoxys was only initially obtainable in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

It's nothing new.

Celebi was only in Crystal (and the Japanese Crystal at that) because that version had an upgraded Pokemon Center that distributed the GS Ball. Deoxys wasn't in RS because Birth Island wasn't (although it was added in Emerald). The P2 Laboratory event exists in both BW1 and BW2, there's no reason not to give BW1 players Genesect.

It was likely made so there would be something else to tie to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Spiky Eared Pichu was meant to be done in a similar way.

Heh, yeah. Spiky really brought nothing positive with it aside from the ability to learn Pain Split, other than that not only was it useless, but it was more useless than a normal Pichu since you couldn't evolve or trade it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Unless you count Guardian Signs. But considering how ridiculously inaccessible that one is (you need a friend that you can see IRL that also has the game), I'd be more inclined not to.

I actually completely forgot about Guardian Signs, mainly because that game is so obscure it's like the event never exist at all.
I mean, most Pokemon player in my place didn't even knew or remember about the game, let alone the event.

Sure it's a worldwide event, but what's the point of that when people didn't even have the game?

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I actually completely forgot about Guardian Signs, mainly because that game is so obscure it's like the event never exist at all.
I mean, most Pokemon player in my place didn't even knew or remember about the game, let alone the event.

Sure it's a worldwide event, but what's the point of that when people didn't even have the game?

Yes I agree, Ranger and Almia were fun, but releasing Guardian Signs about a Year or two after Almia was just a tad bit Overkill. That's probably why most people didn't buy/remember it

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Which is exactly my point. It's out there, but since the game itself isn't popular, you're not likely to find anyone who can help you get it.

FusionKT

*cough*
i think you should of been able to do the deoxys mission over wifi with a random person. that way if you didn't know anyone that had the game you could still have gotten the deoxys.

Ark Crow

I have a request for anyone who has the games, but hasn't caught Lati@s. Can you save in front of them, catch them, check their stats, restart, catch them again, and see if the stats changed? I want to know if you can save in front of them and soft reset for a shiny, or if their stats and shininess are determined when they first show up on screen.

Aegon

Celebi was only initially obtainable in Crystal.
Deoxys was only initially obtainable in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

It's nothing new.
Poor examples. It's nothing new in the way that Oak's Letter and the Member Card were only distributed to Platinum.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have a request for anyone who has the games, but hasn't caught Lati@s. Can you save in front of them, catch them, check their stats, restart, catch them again, and see if the stats changed? I want to know if you can save in front of them and soft reset for a shiny, or if their stats and shininess are determined when they first show up on screen.

The only legendaries with shiny locks in BW2 are Reshiram, Zekrom, and the musketeers. Everything else can be caught shiny.

R_N

The only legendaries with shiny locks in BW2 are Reshiram, Zekrom, and the musketeers. Everything else can be caught shiny.

No, the Musketeers can be shiny. They double checked them and were mistaken.
Resh/Zek still can't be shiny, though

They revealed Genesect early, maybe there's another new Pokemon will be revealed in the next year maybe the Original dragon, or 6th generation Pokemon, like Munchlax that appeared early.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I wanna know this too, is the nature randomized if you save right in front of Lati on the 2nd floor or do you have to save from the beginning, do the puzzle then face Lati with different nature.

Liltwick

I wanna know this too, is the nature randomized if you save right in front of Lati on the 2nd floor or do you have to save from the beginning, do the puzzle then face Lati with different nature.

Can someone test this out?

Ark Crow

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if Latios/Latias has its stats/nature/shininess/etc set when you first encounter them and they run away, or when you battle them. If it's determined when you first see them, you'll have to save there and chase after them every time you restart while looking for a shiny. If it's when you fight them, you can chase after them and save right before the fight, which is allows much quicker SRing.

Kall El

..Silence..
I am aware that this is slightly off-topic so I'll keep it short.
With Genesect being announced so suddenly, it's got me wondering.
The Keldeo movie hasn't even been released in Japan & already,
we have the reveal of Genesect which will be released this August in Japan.

This is incredibely soon by Pokemon standards and even more so,
considering we'll have Meloetta and Keldeo released soon.
With Movie 16 being centered around Genesect,
it's strange that they've revealed it so early..
Perhaps we can expect Gen 6 alot sooner then many anticipated.

R_N

Hey by the way (to everyone not just you in particular), no gen 6 speculations in this section
new rule at the top of the section and everything

Liltwick

Okay, I can understand that, but I do agree that Back to Back to Back Event legends being revealed is a little fishy.

BurningWhiteKyurem

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if Latios/Latias has its stats/nature/shininess/etc set when you first encounter them and they run away, or when you battle them. If it's determined when you first see them, you'll have to save there and chase after them every time you restart while looking for a shiny. If it's when you fight them, you can chase after them and save right before the fight, which is allows much quicker SRing.

You're going to love this since RNG will be easier for you. They don't run away and they are stationary legendaries at the Dreamyard. Only thing is I'm not sure at which point does the game sets the natures/IVs (puzzle first then battle or save right in front of Lati).

R_N

You're going to love this since RNG will be easier for you. They don't run away and they are stationary legendaries at the Dreamyard. Only thing is I'm not sure at which point does the game sets the natures/IVs (puzzle first then battle or save right in front of Lati).

You have to chase them around the Dreamyard
He's asking if the IVs/Nature/etc is set when you first interact with it (setting the chase sequence) or the final interaction (the battle)

BurningWhiteKyurem

You have to chase them around the Dreamyard
He's asking if the IVs/Nature/etc is set when you first interact with it (setting the chase sequence) or the final interaction (the battle)

Ah I see, got fleeing confused with roaming legends. As for what he wants to know, that's more or less what I want to know (since I had a crappy natured one in Emerald).

Status
Not open for further replies.