• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilex222

^^True

Just like to say that Keldeo would be awesome but... Its special attack and attack should be switched... It makes it BAADDD. :( I was really excited cuz its a friken pony but then... OH. The only special moves it get that it could use are Hydro Pump, Scald, Focus Blast, Surf, Secret Sword and obviously Hidden Power. That means it can only really have Hydro Pump, Secret Sword, Hidden Power [Something], and then probably a support move. I guess it would still be usable but it should have more speciallll moovvesss

Well it can run CM For the last Moveslot

Hidden Power

Also here is my theory on how Reshiram & Zekrom's backstory ties in with Kyurem's:
according to B/W, Reshiram & Zekrom came into being from a single dragon owned by two brothers who fought. Kyurem came into being from a meteor that fell to Earth, then a big icy dragon named Kyurem came out and began eating people in Lacunosa Town. So my theory is, a meteor fell near Lacunosa Town, and then a single powerful dragon (Kyurem) came out and began eating people in Lacunosa Town - until two brothers somehow tamed/captured/did something to it. After several years the brothers fought due to conflicting mindsets (truth =/= ideals), and thus Kyurem split into two, Reshiram and Zekrom. As for the beat-up Kyurem we see in Pokemon Black & White, that is what remained after Reshiram and Zekrom split. Hence why Kyurem appears to be severely damaged (such as it's right wing being chipped off).

I'm also thinking that the new forme may change its typing besides its body structure, if it involves returning Kyurem to its former glory containing both yin and yang energy within itself. Reshiram is white, Zekrom is black, but Kyurem is a grey dragon with all its key features 'frozen'.

Chaos Rush

In addition to this, and it's really hard to tell based on youtube quality and not being an especially musically-inclined person, I think that each of them share the same basic theme, but with slightly different instrumentation in places. Like the legendary dog battle themes in HGSS.
Actually that is true. But they're all 99% the same. The differences are:
*At one point in the song, Reshiram's song has this flame-sounding effect
*At the same point in the song, Zekrom's has this electric crackling effect
*Kyurem does not have any effect in it's song, but it has a different, more prominent bass line, plus the end part of the intro is slightly different.

But my main point was the fact that Kyurem does not use Victini/Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion/Tornadus/Landorus/Thundrus's battle music (AKA generic Legendary music), but instead they specifically made it so that Kyurem uses Reshiram/Zekrom's battle music (with slight differences akin to the HG/SS legendary beasts, of course)

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Besides me being angry at Keldeo's moves in general, I am really exciting to get one and even with its lacking moveset I will probably use it cuz itz kewl.
The other fifth gen. Legendary Pokémon that I like the most would probably be Victini, Terrakion and Reshiram, although I am starting to like the Kami trio. I like the other ones (Zekrom, other Muskedeers, the other unrealeased ones) just not as much. The only thing bad I really have to say in this post is that I find Kyurem very ugly... I really hope his new forme give's him a huge makeover. By the way someone suggested Kyurem's new forme may have a type change, what do you guys think it might be? The only thing I really can guess would be water except that Dragon/Water was Palkia's typing so that makes it less likely that they would use it. Also since they make FireBoltBeam, I think that may not be meant to change. Ideas?

R_N

Maybe Keldeo will get the Darkrai/Regigigas/Arceus treatment and get moves off the other Musketeers &/or Kyurem.
Something like Giga Drain, Iron Head, Rock Slide and/or uhhhh Glaciate?

Hidden Power

Maybe Keldeo will get the Darkrai/Regigigas/Arceus treatment and get moves off the other Musketeers &/or Kyurem.

Isn't Sacred Sword the move it'll learn from the other musketeers? Assuming there's no hiccup with the yet-to-be-released event, which I saw on youtube.

Hidden Power

Oh right, sacred's the one it gets from leveling up.

Spacial

procrastination
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^your sig says that you dont like victini! its my 3/4th fave poke

Hidden Power

Lol, unfortunately it doesn't stand out to me. This is the 4th little standalone flying mascot legendary so far, and I've seen quite a few game mascots using little creatures with wings on their butt as well.

And it spent way too much time in the movie nibbling macarons and turning invisible in the movie.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Reshiram and Zekrom are cool.
ONLY Reshiram and Zekrom..

R_N

What do you guys think about Black Kyurem & White Kyurem?

I like aspects of both, and the concept in general, but I think I prefer White Kyurem more. Something about the stance.

Black Kyurem is pretty cool, too, though

R_N

Going to go ahead and take a stab at how Kyurem B/W will have stat changes:
He'll take the two "signature" stats of the dragon he's (seemingly) merged with.
So for example, White Kyurem (I'm assuming this is the one with Reshiram) will have 150 Special Attack and 120 Special Defense while Black Kyurem gets 150 Attack & 120 Defense. The rest of the stats remain the same as Kyurem's normal form. Granted this gives him a 710 bst...but hey why not right? This is the ORIGINAL dragon (sort of), that's so big bad and powerful, it deserves it.

Movepool wise I could see him nabbing Fusion Flare/Bolt and access to the normal run of fire/electric moves.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I like both because they have that Digimon-ish feature where they look like the fused together. That could even be the case in the new games.

I know you mean it in a good way, but isn't it a little early for the "it looks like a Digimon" thing? I mean it's only just been revealed...

Ememew

Emerald Mew
The "IT'S A DIGIMON" always comes early, not later

I know, but I just keep hoping that they'd at least give it a good 24 hours before starting on it.

Anyway, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are certainly interesting. I like the Zek-Kyurem's pose a bit more, though. It looks a bit "fiercer" in my opinion. It'll be nice to see them in motion in the movie.

The way they both have one Ice-wing and one wing that looks more like Ram/Rom's, it almost looks like Reshiram/Zekrom trying to burst out of an ice casing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.