• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I'm told they're drinking buddies and don't mind getting together for a few beers at their favorite bar in Hiun City every so often.

The real answer is they probably hate/like each other based on their owners.

The little backstory to them says that after they split off, they fought each other until the brothers made peace. And then later on the descendants I think start fighting, and then they almost destroyed the region in their fighting.

R_N

Kind of hard to be drinking buddies when they're either separated by dimensions and owned by other people when not!!!

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Reshiram is the best legendary pokemon EVER. The first time I saw it I stared for about 5 minutes with my mouth open "O" if I saw GOD himself I would not be more surprised.

I also like Birijion, Torunerosu, Victiny and Meloetta's combat form, the others are all failures in my opinion :(

BCVM22

Meloetta's combat form

Meloetta's formes are Voice Forme and Step Forme, as in singing and dancing. Step Forme is part-Fighting-type only because she's already part Normal-type and because the Fighting-type is the closest you can get of the 17 types to an activity that, much like fighting, takes training, concentration and precise, timed movement. Neither forme indicates "combat" or anything.

the others are all failures in my opinion :(

:(

Last edited:

rocky505

I find it strange how Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's eyes match each other. Reshiram has blue eyes which go along with Kyurem's Ice typing, Zekrom has red eyes which go with Reshiram's fire typing, and Kyurem has yellow eyes which goes with Zekrom's electric typing. And what is the god stone in the Key Items list on the BW Item's? Could it be a spoiler for the third game?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I find it strange how Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's eyes match each other. Reshiram has blue eyes which go along with Kyurem's Ice typing, Zekrom has red eyes which go with Reshiram's fire typing, and Kyurem has yellow eyes which goes with Zekrom's electric typing. And what is the god stone in the Key Items list on the BW Item's? Could it be a spoiler for the third game?

That is kind of strange but it might be a coincidence. I don't think eye-color is all that important and most people wouldn't have even noticed haha. As for the God Stone; I'm pretty sure it'll prove to be useful in the next game and not in Black or White since I haven't heard too much about it so far. In related news, I just found Kyurem and saw it's animated sprite. It moves around with it's feet but it looks funny since it's feet and arms are so small. Never thought I'd see the day when a Legendary Pokemon made me laugh.

rocky505

I found Kyurem las night and it looks like one of it's wings are broke or something.

R_N

I found Kyurem las night and it looks like one of it's wings are broke or something.

He also looks very emaciated in general. There's a number of theories out there as to why, and the general consensus is that he'll get a more "complete" form in the 3rd game.

Lorde

It's overworld sprite looks pretty beat up for sure, but it's actual battle sprite looks a bit more complete to me. I noticed that it's wings look to be the same size in the battle sprite but rather unbalanced in the overworld sprite, like something bit off a chunk of it's right wing. Kind of odd that the two sprites aren't all that consistent.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
I'm told they're drinking buddies and don't mind getting together for a few beers at their favorite bar in Hiun City every so often.

The real answer is they probably hate/like each other based on their owners.

The little backstory to them says that after they split off, they fought each other until the brothers made peace. And then later on the descendants I think start fighting, and then they almost destroyed the region in their fighting.

Which does not at all preclude them from being drinking buddies.
Funniest conversation ever.

As for Kyurem, analyzing his sprite has led me to the conclusion that his wing isn't broken. Although I agree that he seems incomplete, in a way.

Lorde

As for Kyurem, analyzing his sprite has led me to the conclusion that his wing isn't broken. Although I agree that he seems incomplete, in a way.

If it's wing isn't broken, then why does it look odd in the overworld sprite? It looks shorter than the other wing from what I've seen. I wish I had an image of it but it doesn't look symmetrical to the other wing from what I remember seeing a few days ago when I fought Kyurem.

Sakrey

Caring Career
Yeah, this Kyurem is a bit of a mystery.

Battle sprites (front and back) show us that there is symmetry in its body structure.
However is overworld sprite is definitely not symmetrical.

kyurem.png

I tried to understand the point of view from where I should be able to grasp the differences between its left body-part and its right body-part onto its front and back battle sprites but it was a fail. It really is symmetrical during battle.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I don't see what you're seeing. Kyurem's right wing is clearly shorter in its battle sprite.

Lorde

Oh that's the image I was talking about. Compared to what I remember seeing in Kyurem's battle sprite, it looks a bit different. One of the wings is clearly shorter than the other in this example but in the battle sprite, both wings look pretty symmetrical. It might just be perspective, but I find it odd that one of them is still shorter. If I had to guess, I'd say that when Kyurem arrived at the Giant Hole on that meteor, the impact of the collision hurt it's wing and damaged it.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
The wings are definitely symmetrical in the battle sprite. Due to perspective, the right wing looks smaller, but if you look at the back sprite, it's normal sized.

The overworld sprite may be another case of perspective: Kyurem's right wing could be folded downwards, while his left wing is upright.

R_N

I'm looking at the back and front sprites

You...really can't tell that one is longer then the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.