• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generation I - 12 (~8% of total)
Generation II - 10 (10% of total)
Generation III - 14 (~10% of total)
Generation IV - 9 (~8% of total)
Generation V - 18 (~12% of total)

Yep

Thank you! Did you see the genesect reference? I might not have made it that obvious...

RedMage23

The Red Mage

FormeEon

The DNA Master
Well, neither did Manaphy when it was first revealed to be honest, but it's still a Legendary Pokemon. There are tons of others that are small like Meloetta and Kerudio, yet are still classified as being Legendary Pokemon. Contrary to popular belief, size doesn't matter, at least not when it comes to classifying Legendary Pokemon :x

While Manaphy is a Legendary Pokemon, there is more than one classification than just Legendary. Manaphy is in the classification of "Phantom Pokemon", like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Shaymin. Each was made with powers unlike the main legendaries of a game, but with enough strategic power to defeat them. There was 1 for each generation, Mew for the 1st, Celebi for the 2nd, Jirachi for the 3rd, Manaphy for the 4th, and Shaymin, for the Pokemon that dont really live in a "region",but are just extras after the Sinnoh Dex, which I call the "Non-Existant" Pokemon.

Mirage Pokemon are those that serve under a Legendary Pokemon such as: Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos= Lugia, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune= Ho-oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, serve Regigigas, while Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon were said to (and this is just speculation) serve under Latias and Latios, who were mysteriously linked to the orbs of that region, the Soul Dew, the Red Orb (Latios due to the color of his delta sign), and the Blue Orb (Latias, for the same reason), while the Jade Orb was just a man-made product of trying to make an orb to control Rayquaza, and then there is Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf, who serve under one deity at a time, them being Dialga and Palkia, yet while they have nothing to do with Giratina, they use that world as a type of protection against ours.

Then lastly there is the Mythical Pokemon, being, the Unown, Lugia, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

The true legendary pokemon would just be Latias, Latios, the "Non-Existant" Legendaries in Sinnoh, and Arceus.

Mewtwo and Deoxys are not "real" pokemon for they were literally "made" into what they are, Mewtwo by men, and Deoxys by our atmosphere.

Not trying to be mean or anything if it sounds like I am, just putting up some interesting information.

BCVM22

Not trying to be mean or anything if it sounds like I am, just putting up some interesting information.

Except for "Phantom Pokémon", every one of those designations was fabricated entirely by you.

Nothing, ever, has indicated any link between Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and the Latis, and the link between Kanto's birds and Lugia is anime-only.

R_N

Also Mystery Dungeon, probably sense it makes you go to more dungeons to recruit more Pokemon to get more dungeons

BCVM22

Anime- and Mystery Dungeon-only + $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee in the morning, if you catch my drift.

FormeEon

The DNA Master

Except for "Phantom Pokémon", every one of those designations was fabricated entirely by you.

Nothing, ever, has indicated any link between Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and the Latis, and the link between Kanto's birds and Lugia is anime-only.

I specifically said that that was speculation, and while the Kanto birds are only linked to Lugia in the anime, they are still linked to Lugia.

However, Mirage Pokemon, were the names of the Regi's in the anime, and Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf also, as well as the bird trio.

Same thing with Mythical Pokemon. Except its mostly classified as Pokemon that were said to have tremendous power, but disappeared a very long time ago.

The only thing I made up was the "Non-Existant" Pokemon, and I said thats only what I call them, making it clear that its not official.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
As far as I remember in the anime, etc. the term "mythical" was used as a synonym for "legendary" (as in "appears in myths" or "has legends about it"), not as a sub-classification of Legendary Pokemon.

As for "mirage," I've only ever heard that from a birdkeeper in Fr/Lg referring to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres as "winged mirages." I don't remember it referring to any other trio.

Unless I missed something . . .

FormeEon

The DNA Master
As far as I remember in the anime, etc. the term "mythical" was used as a synonym for "legendary" (as in "appears in myths" or "has legends about it"), not as a sub-classification of Legendary Pokemon.

As for "mirage," I've only ever heard that from a birdkeeper in Fr/Lg referring to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres as "winged mirages." I don't remember it referring to any other trio.

Unless I missed something . . .

Hah well you never know. You could be right. Its impossible to figure out everything in Pokemon, no matter how hard you try.

But I'm pretty sure I remember the terms "The Mirages of the Lakes" and I also remember hearing Brendon (or however you spell it) from the original Battle Frontier saying howhe caught the hidden mirages, or something close to that.

Either way, thanks for actually being nice about disagreeing with my statements, I appreciate it.

FormeEon

The DNA Master
So...Everyone's favorite new Legendary in one word...and...GO!

Victini

<3

Yes. A change of topic.

Mine is Genosekuto then.

Last edited:

R_N

you saw nothing

I can't really choose. I like the raijinns as a whole...Birijorn is cool...I really like Genesect & Victini...

TOO MANY GOOD ONES

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Victini

<3

Eww! I dislike Victini with a passion. It's just ugly in my opinion. It's eyes are too big for me to find "cute", which is ironic since it's supposed to be Generation 5's "cute" Legendary like Mew, Celebi, and the others are for their respective Generations. It only seemed to serve an actual purpose when I battled it for experience during the early stages of the game, when I needed some quick training done. Once I was done, it took it's revenge against me and just sort of refused to be captured. Took me the better half of a day to finally grab that annoying little pest :<

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Eww! I dislike Victini with a passion. It's just ugly in my opinion. It's eyes are too big for me to find "cute", which is ironic since it's supposed to be Generation 5's "cute" Legendary like Mew, Celebi, and the others are for their respective Generations. It only seemed to serve an actual purpose when I battled it for experience during the early stages of the game, when I needed some quick training done. Once I was done, it took it's revenge against me and just sort of refused to be captured. Took me the better half of a day to finally grab that annoying little pest :<

:(

I just hate its shiny form. It looks like an undead version of itself.

Royalty

If the Crown Fits...

Haha! That's how all great friendships start. ;)

I can't wait till I can get one. <3

LimeStar

I've been seeing the term "Raijin trio" used to refer to Torneros, Boltros and Landros. I think that "Kami trio" would probably be more accurate, as Boltros seems to be based off Raijin, while Torneros is Fūjin, and Landros appears to be Inari Okami.
All of which are kami.
Just nitpicking because I'm really into the Japanese folklore xD

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
My favorite is definitely the grass/fighting legendary, whose name escapes me at the moment...

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Generation I - 12 (~8% of total)
Generation II - 10 (10% of total)
Generation III - 14 (~10% of total)
Generation IV - 9 (~8% of total)
Generation V - 18 (~12% of total)

Yep
I have to say that almost every Bug Pokemon this generation is awesome. I'm definitely doing a Mono-type Bug challenge on the White version...
:(

I just hate its shiny form. It looks like an undead version of itself.
Albino Victini FTW!
My favorite is definitely the grass/fighting legendary, whose name escapes me at the moment...
Birijion or Viridion.

My favorite legend... hard to say. Probably Zekrom, since he's a freaking Gundam IMO.

Manchee

extra toasty

I think it's ugly too. I just don't get it. As you mentioned, it's supposed to be the cute one, yet I don't see it as cute like the previous ones :< It took me a while to catch too. >.>

Anyway, my favorite Legendary is Torunerosu. It's not only my favorite of the new ones, but of all Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.