• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr0904

Beginning Trainer
Victini is awfully difficult to catch...

At the beginning yes. Just recently caught it and it was a pain to catch since I went there the minute I arrived at the city. and especially when you want it at a specific nature.

Had only one Dusk Balls, no one to do false swipe to reduce it to 1 HP and had no one to induce it sleep. Only those three timer balls I got from that tower helped. and i got it at the nature i wanted which was a modest , and had a character "higly curious" that would raise the SP atk. Unfortunately EV training it from the beginning unless you have the macho brace and the power items from the beginning is not easy since it's the only way to possibly get their main stats to it's MAX.

Also there's definitely no way Zorua is a legendary , or is Zoark.

Heck Neither should Shaymin Both land and sky as well as manaphy shouldn't be considered legendarys since it's land forum stats are all 328, definitely wont stand a chance in the Ubers , and neither it's sky forum even though it have a better SP atk and Speed , it's other a definitely below. Same with manaphy the only thing that bumped them was that manaphy had tail glow and Hydradation & Shamyin had seed flare, with it's sky having serene grace.

Esteban252

Stare Into Your Soul
At the beginning yes. Just recently caught it and it was a pain to catch since I went there the minute I arrived at the city. and especially when you want it at a specific nature.

Had only one Dusk Balls, no one to do false swipe to reduce it to 1 HP and had no one to induce it sleep. Only those three timer balls I got from that tower helped. and i got it at the nature i wanted which was a modest , and had a character "higly curious" that would raise the SP atk. Unfortunately EV training it from the beginning unless you have the macho brace and the power items from the beginning is not easy since it's the only way to possibly get their main stats to it's MAX.

Also there's definitely no way Zorua is a legendary , or is Zoark.

Heck Neither should Shaymin Both land and sky as well as manaphy shouldn't be considered legendarys since it's land forum stats are all 328, definitely wont stand a chance in the Ubers , and neither it's sky forum even though it have a better SP atk and Speed , it's other a definitely below. Same with manaphy the only thing that bumped them was that manaphy had tail glow and Hydradation & Shamyin had seed flare, with it's sky having serene grace.

Zoroark isnt legendary
Also, Victini was way too easy to catch, i just needed to throw him 2 Heal Balls

Yeah... Victini's kinda weak. It's so hard to train the thing. T_T

Something funny I noticed. In the official guide, in the bit where they list chat words, and they list Pokémon there. Including, incidentally, Keldeo and Meloetta (I kid you not, their names really are in there).

So much for secret Pokémon. (BTW, there's no Genesect)

Does this mean they are the upcoming events?

Last edited:

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!

Manaphy definitely belongs in the uber tier list, especially since Tail Glow now raises Sp.Atk by a whopping three stages.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
guys, what will make kyurem special in pokemon grey? lets not hope nintendo is not running out of ideas to not make it have a new form like giratina did :(

R_N

guys, what will make kyurem special in pokemon grey? lets not hope nintendo is not running out of ideas to not make it have a new form like giratina did :(

Really? Running out of ideas?
Push that thought away, because I assure you it's not that.

Whether or not it will get a new, more "complete" form is still in the air (though likely), but it will very likely get Cold Flare &/or Cold Bolt

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Unless I am mistaken, Reshiram and Zekrom are the "Hero's" pokemon from way back when. Maybe Kyurem will be the "Antagonist's" pokemon from way back when, thus adding more to the story.

I haven't completed the story yet, so I may be wrong or missing already known information.

Alfani

I'm currently in a heated stand off with Cobalion.
It only take me two hits to get his HP down to nothing, but he doesn't want to be caught and I have no Pokemon in my team that can put him to sleep or anything.

Suggestions?
;;

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Since we're in the midst of a discussion about Victini, I have a question.

If you go to Liberty Island and return without Victini is it entirely impossible to reactivate the event? Because guess what. I did that. Ran out of Pokeballs and figured I'd come back later...Uh huh, sure. :p

You can return to Liberty Garden afterwards... so I guess you could come back to catch it.

Haha, fair enough, sorry if I was a little harsh. I was just a bit miffed!

Is your Victini the same level as the rest of your team? Or is it a few levels behind?

It's about level 20 right now... the rest of my Pokémon are 20s-30s. It's just that I train against Audino and I'm probably facing Audino that are too high a level. =P

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Unless I am mistaken, Reshiram and Zekrom are the "Hero's" pokemon from way back when. Maybe Kyurem will be the "Antagonist's" pokemon from way back when, thus adding more to the story.

I haven't completed the story yet, so I may be wrong or missing already known information.

Kyurem is the corpse of the original dragon from which Zekrom and Reshiram were separated from. That's about all the story we have so far.

R_N

Well, there was no "antagonist" they weren't that kind of hero, beating up a villain or anything. They founded a country, basically.

There's several theories regarding Kyurem, the most common being that Kyurem is the husk left behind when the dragon split into Reshiram & Zekrom.
There' an in-game tale that says that Kyurem came from a meteor, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

GemNinja

That guy in a corner
Kyurem sure looks like a husk. If it is, it would kinda explain its ice type. But then wouldn't it have its own orb, like the grey orb or something?

GemNinja

That guy in a corner
if it isnt obtainable in-game, then how do you know it exists? And what is this Genesenc pokemon, for that matter?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
if it isnt obtainable in-game, then how do you know it exists? And what is this Genesenc pokemon, for that matter?

Because people hack the game and look at the coding.

Genesect is a event legendary that will probably not be officially revealed until at least a year or so from now.

R_N

Because people hack the game and look at the coding.

Genesect is a event legendary that will probably not be officially revealed until at least a year or so from now.

If the one year=one event legendary holds true, it will be probably 3 years from now. Maybe 2 if they decide to double any of them up.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Kyurem is the corpse of the original dragon from which Zekrom and Reshiram were separated from. That's about all the story we have so far.

That's purely speculation currently.

We actually have nothing stating that they're related at all (of course we know it's a counterpart, given its typing, design, signature moves and name similarity, but nothing in-game has been said connecting them).

Status
Not open for further replies.