• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Any tips for a guy going after Kyurem this weekend?

TehLulzMastur

I actually just caught him. With Level 54-56 Pokemon, it was hard. I managed to Paralyze him, and use an Ultra Ball to catch him. All I can really say is this: Make sure you either Paralyze him, or put him to Sleep. And don't resort to using your Master Ball.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
^Thanks much :]

And I actually dont think I'll be using my Master Ball at all for once in a Pokemon game..Although Tornadus is giving me trouble ^^;

I need help. I just caught a Jolly Victini with these IV's:

Victini - #494 (Jolly)
HP: 14 - 19
Att: 20 - 26
Def: 0 - 6
SpA: 29
SpD: 14 - 19
Speed: 7 - 13

Is it worth resetting for a modest/timid/naive/rash, or given the SP attack IV and special attack boosting moves like Work Up would a mixed set be all right to run with jolly?

Thinking of a set like this:
Work Up
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz
Overheat

Vycksta

BW202 said:
Do routes have extreme weather when Thundurus is on them?
In short? Yes.

Also, what defines south in the evenings? Is Driftveil counted as south or is Castelia counted as south?
Thundurus roams the north in the evenings, not the south. But to answer your question... Castelia would be southern. When I was hunting Thundurus on Monday evening he roamed Routes 6, 7 and 8.

Taurosman

I'm currently working on catching Reshiram and I really want a good spread so I've been soft-resetting and checking the stats with serebii's page about his stats at 50. any better suggestions?

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
Hurray for two more legends, four in all. :D

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
^Thanks much :]

And I actually dont think I'll be using my Master Ball at all for once in a Pokemon game..Although Tornadus is giving me trouble ^^;

Agreed, I only ever use my Master ball for the roaming pokemon, so you can imagine my frustration when both Mesprit and Cresselia were roamers.

Drove me crazy.

Unicorn

Neigh.
I was really excited about Keldeo, because it's like a UNICORN! asdghfghs,ghsdg

and then I found out that it's an event only Pokemon. Now I'm sad. DX

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I'm really pumped with trios as the kami one and the Musketeers are both so awesome. My question is, since every gen before this has had a main trio and the occasional mascot trio, which one is the main trio?

I would say kami since the Musketeers technically have four members (keldeo you tricky one), but the Musketeers are found in fixed locations and aren't as difficult to obtain. Thoughts?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm really pumped with trios as the kami one and the Musketeers are both so awesome. My question is, since every gen before this has had a main trio and the occasional mascot trio, which one is the main trio?

I would say kami since the Musketeers technically have four members (keldeo you tricky one), but the Musketeers are found in fixed locations and aren't as difficult to obtain. Thoughts?

The muskateers are this Gen's trio. They have a fourth member, but that dosen't mean anything; it's just their "trio master" like Regigigas.

The Kami trio (is that what we're calling it?) isn't really a trio. More like a duo with a master. They're more like the Latios and Latias of this gen, with an added master.

Just caught Victini with my 2nd ultra ball? Why were so many people complaining?

Because Victini has a very low catch rate. You just happened to get lucky.

TehLulzMastur

The muskateers are this Gen's trio. They have a fourth member, but that dosen't mean anything; it's just their "trio master" like Regigigas.

The Kami trio (is that what we're calling it?) isn't really a trio. More like a duo with a master. They're more like the Latios and Latias of this gen, with an added master.

Let me correct you. Firstly, the Musketeers aren't the main trio for Generation V, that's the Tao Trio, which is Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. Secondly, Keldeo isn't the master of the Musketeers. Just because he's different, that doesn't mean he's a master. The real master of the Musketeers is actually a member of them, Cobalion. It's like how Rayquaza is both a member and a master of the Weather Trio. In fact, the Musketeers aren't a trio, they're the first Legendary quartet.

Also, the Kami trio is once again like the Weather trio. As in, Landorus is still a member of the trio, but he's also the master.

Grey Wind

Does anyone know what Legend lives in Challenger's Cave? An Ace Trainer says that it was 'training it's student'

JamesRaynor

Bring shedinja, it can't do jack to shedinja.

Besides for that, it has endeavour; Which is a pretty big 'screw you' when on a legendary with it's catch rate. It causes your pokemon's HP to drop to the same level as it, so if you got it at low HP....

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Let me correct you. Firstly, the Musketeers aren't the main trio for Generation V, that's the Tao Trio, which is Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. Secondly, Keldeo isn't the master of the Musketeers. Just because he's different, that doesn't mean he's a master. The real master of the Musketeers is actually a member of them, Cobalion. It's like how Rayquaza is both a member and a master of the Weather Trio. In fact, the Musketeers aren't a trio, they're the first Legendary quartet.

Also, the Kami trio is once again like the Weather trio. As in, Landorus is still a member of the trio, but he's also the master.

I didn't mean that the Muskateers were the "main trio" as you say. I meant that the Muskateers were comparable to the Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Regi Trio, and Lake Trio. They simply have the oddity of an added fourth member, as does the Regi trio. Cobalion may have a higher status compared to the other two, but it is still part of the three. Similar to Suicune and Mesprit, in a way. And while Keldeo isn't a "master" in the sense that it is superior to or has control over the other three (quite the opposite, actually, since Keldeo represent the youngest member) it is still an additional fourth member to the trio. Just like there are four Regis, but Regice, Registeel, and Regirock are considered a trio, because Regigigas is different from them.

I believe the poster was asking which trio, Muskateer or Kami, was comparable to the birds, beasts, regis and pixies of generations past. I think the Muskateers are a much better fit for the 5th Gen trio than the Kami. Just as the Muskateers are a trio with a fourth member, the Kami are a duo with a third member.

Status
Not open for further replies.