• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Like Arceus but in Gen 5

Either way, it's highly unlikely that they'll add a new Pokemon this gen. New forms, maybe. New Pokemon, no.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
In four generations of Pokemon, they have yet to add an entirely new Pokemon in the third game, and I don't think they'll do that this time - they want to keep all their new Pokemon ideas for the next generation. Besides, if they want to introduce a really powerful or important legendary, they just take an unimportant one and give it a new form.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Its going to be hard to predict whats coming in the third game, the producer have broken the molds when they created black and white so they could very well through in some new unlock-able legendary

BCVM22

Its going to be hard to predict whats coming in the third game

Not really.

the producer have broken the molds when they created black and white

Not really.

so they could very well through in some new unlock-able legendary

No.

It's been said, but apparently it does indeed have to be repeated: they will introduce no new Pokémon in this generation. Please, don't indignantly respond with "well how do YOU know?!" or "they COULD!" or "you don't work for Nintendo!" If you give the matter any thought, you will find the answer for yourself. It's just common sense.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Its going to be hard to predict whats coming in the third game, the producer have broken the molds when they created black and white so they could very well through in some new unlock-able legendary

The closest thing we'll get to that is the official release of Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Not really.

Not really.

No.

It's been said, but apparently it does indeed have to be repeated: they will introduce no new Pokémon in this generation. Please, don't indignantly respond with "well how do YOU know?!" or "they COULD!" or "you don't work for Nintendo!" If you give the matter any thought, you will find the answer for yourself. It's just common sense.

Why am i not allowed to be optimistic anything could happen YOU don't know that Im wrong and i don't know that if your right lighten up and it wouldn't be the first time that an organisation has said they wouldn't do something but they do it anyway. I freely admit that the chances of this happening are small but we have nothing if not our dreams.

BCVM22

anything could happen

See, that's not true here, and it's rarely true anywhere in this franchise.

YOU don't know that Im wrong and i don't know that if your right

I'm reasonably sure that you're wrong.

it wouldn't be the first time that an organisation has said they wouldn't do something but they do it anyway.

Irrelevant, completely.

I freely admit that the chances of this happening are small but we have nothing if not our dreams.

Use your dreams on stuff that matters.

Again, rage against me if you really want, but it's just common sense. If you introduce a completely new Pokémon - not a new forme, either transformable or locked like the SE Pichu, an actual new Pokémon - after the generation starts, where can it go? It can't be traded to other games, it can't even battle with other games, because the other games have none of the necessary data for it. What makes you believe they would do that, particularly after four generations now of specifically not doing that?

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
See, that's not true here, and it's rarely true anywhere in this franchise.

I'm reasonably sure that you're wrong.

Irrelevant, completely.

Use your dreams on stuff that matters.

Again, rage against me if you really want, but it's just common sense. If you introduce a completely new Pokémon - not a new forme, either transformable or locked like the SE Pichu, an actual new Pokémon - after the generation starts, where can it go? It can't be traded to other games, it can't even battle with other games, because the other games have none of the necessary data for it. What makes you believe they would do that, particularly after four generations now of specifically not doing that?

Before we continue this tell me why do you insist on being a tard and shooting down peoples comments if they're not in coated in fact, but i like this part of your statement "because the other games have none of the necessary data for it" have you ever played a game off the 3ds store they bring something new in and they patch it im not saying it can be done for this gen because the coding has already been written but with the power of the new ds it could be done. your stuck in tradition just because they do it in the past doesn't set it in concrete. The main flaw with repetition is that after a while it just gets boring and (just saying) i think that unless they pick their game up they are going to lose people to other consoles and games

BCVM22

Before we continue this tell me why do you insist on being a tard

Only if you insist on telling me why disputing your prediction in a calm and civil fashion makes me a "tard", as you so eloquently put it.

have you ever played a game off the 3ds store

No one has, given that it hasn't gone live yet, but continue.

they bring something new in and they patch it im not saying it can be done for this gen because the coding has already been written

Then why bring it up?

but with the power of the new ds it could be done.

Nothing the 3DS does that the DS/Lite/i/XL didn't has any effect on this. At all. Downloadable games can be modified because the entirety of their code is sitting on the system's rewriteable memory, where it can be accessed by a patch or other addition for purposes of modification. No part of that is the case for an already-pressed cartridge game.

your stuck in tradition just because they do it in the past doesn't set it in concrete.

No, I'm afraid it does...

The main flaw with repetition is that after a while it just gets boring and (just saying) i think that unless they pick their game up they are going to lose people to other consoles and games

...especially since you've veered completely off the road here. This has absolutely nothing to do with tradition or being "set in concrete". It has everything to do with simple functionality and common sense.

I again pose the question to you: of what benefit is it to anyone for them to introduce a complete new critter that can't be moved from the game and can't be at all involved in linked play with different games?

"Tradition" has nothing to do with anything here. That they haven't done it before and won't do it here has everything to do with the aforementioned common sense and nothing to do with tradition or anything of the sort.

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
Only if you insist on telling me why disputing your prediction in a calm and civil fashion makes me a "tard", as you so eloquently put it.

No one has, given that it hasn't gone live yet, but continue.

Then why bring it up?

Nothing the 3DS does that the DS/Lite/i/XL didn't has any effect on this. At all. Downloadable games can be modified because the entirety of their code is sitting on the system's rewriteable memory, where it can be accessed by a patch or other addition for purposes of modification. No part of that is the case for an already-pressed cartridge game.

No, I'm afraid it does...

...especially since you've veered completely off the road here. This has absolutely nothing to do with tradition or being "set in concrete". It has everything to do with simple functionality and common sense.

I again pose the question to you: of what benefit is it to anyone for them to introduce a complete new critter that can't be moved from the game and can't be at all involved in linked play with different games?

"Tradition" has nothing to do with anything here. That they haven't done it before and won't do it here has everything to do with the aforementioned common sense and nothing to do with tradition or anything of the sort.

you make me laugh your best comeback is NO simply because your getting creamed in this argument

Pikacu

Cant Beat The Heat!
ahh your a funny bloke is this the first time you've lost in a while

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Pikacu, someone's in denial, but it's not BCVM22.

Hint: It's you.

CaptainBrain

Continuum
Why would there be a new Pokemon created in the middle of a "generation"? If such a thing were to happen, it'd be for Gen VI, which we're still years away from. Come on now, let's use our heads. Nintendo/Gamefreak/The powers that be aren't going to change that now.

Alternate forms are entirely possible, and likely. Ever since Deoxys debuted legendary Pokemon (and Rotom) have been known to get alternate forms. I fully expect an alternate form for Kyurem, seeing as he's almost guaranteed to be on the cover of the third Unova title.

Also, BCVM22 never loses, mostly because he just tells the truth. And you can't really argue the truth.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
This is clearly turning from a discussion about legendaries to an argument (if it counts, then BCVM22 clearly won), so let's try to end it with a new topic:

What did people think of the typing of the legendaries this gen? We had some new and unique one, like electric/dragon, normal/fighting and especially pure flying.

Icay4321

ahh your a funny bloke is this the first time you've lost in a while

Yeah, dude, did you even attempt to read his post? He's not the one who has lost. Bottom line, no new Legendary will be coming in the next game. A new Form, however, is very likely, especially for Kyurem.

Status
Not open for further replies.