• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

legendary pokemon from Sinnoh League: identity revealed

Blue3Mayfield

So could that LT guy have a Darkrai and a Heatran? :p

I really want to see Ash his face when he defeats Darkrai en the LT calls out a Heatran.

I Know Right & A Umbreon

TrainerOfLegend

After seeing the matchups screenshot, I'm sure it's not Karen, but now I'm trying to figure out if it's male or female...

Thriller

Its almost time
My, how did this thread slip past my radars?

Anyway, I'm glad its Darkrai. Knowing the writers, it could have been a Legendary Trio Pokemon, glad that wasn't the case. Hopefully that trainer is Karen.

Shadoguardian

hmm...guess legendary pokemon aren't so legendary if more trainers in the anime are catching them...But that's interesting...Why did Dawn make it in that shot, but Brock didn't? Oh yeah, that's right he's irrelevant...lol

Brock is there, he's in the crook of Ash's arm, but his head his hidden by the red characters.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Well dang, missed this bit of news. I sure was thrown off by the Heatran.

Darkrai in a league? Sweet. But I thought Darkrai was one of the stronger legendaries? It will be interesting to see how Ash combats this Pokemon.

Hopefully the trainer will have a 5th gen fully evolved starter too!

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well dang, missed this bit of news. I sure was thrown off by the Heatran.

Darkrai in a league? Sweet. But I thought Darkrai was one of the stronger legendaries? It will be interesting to see how Ash combats this Pokemon.

Hopefully the trainer will have a 5th gen fully evolved starter too!

HOORAY for repeating Johto League's plot..... >_> I doubt a Gen V Fully evolved starter will appear in the League, even though its kinda late that Ash still hasn't been introduced to Isshu....-_- They have legendaries in the league, so I doubt they'd add a Gen V starter in the League. I can't see it this region.

TrainerOfLegend

I still think that there will be some sort of Gen5 Pokemon in the League, even if it isn't a starter. Although, seeing Sea Otter's final evolution will rule!

Yah it definatelky would be awesome if the LT came out with a generation 5 pokémon, maybe even Zoroark, that would be so cool seing it use illusion and everything.

I do doubt it though....sigh.

Shadoguardian

So could that LT guy have a Darkrai and a Heatran? :p

I really want to see Ash his face when he defeats Darkrai en the LT calls out a Heatran.

If the LT has both, then Ash better bring on his powerhouses. That includes Sceptile and Charizard.

It would be cool if the LT had two legendary pokémon definately. But it would be very unfair, even if Ash had all his powerhouses.

But if I remember a hillbilly-like character with a straw hat was seen with the Heatran...so it'll be very unlikely that it's the same trainer.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Darkrai. Somewhat unexpected. I thought it would be Entei.

Anybody have a link to the trainer's profile on the match-ups?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Darkrai. Somewhat unexpected. I thought it would be Entei.

Anybody have a link to the trainer's profile on the match-ups?

Yes we do, previows pages have the picture of him hes the last one in the matchups, last matchup in the bottom right.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2745/snapshot20100624205350.png

Pretty obvious that its him, people even speculated that i was going to be him, since without counting Ash, Paul, Barry, Conway and Nando in all those trainers hes the only one who doesnt look generic.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Stand by for battle, Noctowl.

Noctowl as of now knows Peck and psychic moves, it's gonna do jack against Darkrai.

My best bets are on Heracross*, Infernape, Staraptor, Snorlax and anything else that can perform Countershield and hit neutral effective, preferably Pikachu.

*Heracross may learn Sleep Talk (Nando is shown using sleep inducing moves (Sing and Sleep Powder) and Heracross is seen battling afterwards with its eyes closed: can it be anything other then sleep talk? Focussing on the real one when Kricketune's using Double Team? Yeah right.. we only see it fighting against a single Kricketune, it would've opened its eyes already if it found the real one), and if it gets Dark Voided versus Darkrai, it's Guts ability will activate and it could use super effective, stab, guts boosted, Megahorn to murder Darkrai in one hit. That or any fighting move it might be using in DP183..

So eventhough I don't like that reserves might get more shinetime then Sinnoh, as long as it doesn't interfere with Paul, Heracross can bug the crap out of Darkrai for all I care :)

ijea4444

But Noctowl presumably has Insomnia, and it could just get a moveset revamp just like Quilava to make it better equiped against Darkrai.

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
what if it actually turns out to be Zororak using his ability to appear as a darkrai just to intimidate the opponents...and when ash battles it, it shows everyone that is an illusion by damaging it a lot or something. I know farfetched and all but hey it would be good GEN 5 advert and a nice step into the ishssu region