• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Trainer's Face Revealed

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Ash will battle the LT in the Top 4. It's already confirmed that the Paul battle is the quarter final, the battle Ash lost in the last two leagues. And we already know he's gonna beat Paul, if you can believe the confirmed truth that he'll use Heracross's Sleep Talk on Darkrai.

So this means that Ash will for sure get to the Top 4 this time around, and if he'll win, which won't happen (as much as I'd love to see it), he'd make it to the finals.

How do you know that? Why cant the battle be in the final? Either way, how likely is it that Charizard will come back for the battle?

As for this guys other Pokemon, apparently there was a Heatran in the opening ceremony episode (but no Darkrai), reasonable to assume that this another one of his Pokemon.

cauldronmaster

I'm going to repeat a post from an earlier version of this thread:

Remember, only trainers who have legitimately both made eye contact with AND personally interacted with Ash BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY FACE OFF are eligible to defeat Ash in league competition. All other trainers are merely COtD fodder (ex. Clark and Katie from Hoenn league), regardless of their pokemon and skills. The same applies to the coordinators who defeat the lead female in the various Grand Festivals. This is something that has held true for every League and GF that has aired in this entire anime.

Last edited:

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Based on the above post (however accurate/applicable it is), how well would Paul perform against the Trainer. Torterra is assumed to be his strongest Pokemon but im not convinced it would do any better against Darkrai than it did against Cynthia's Garchomp. I also doubt he has a secret weapon up his sleeve that could be effective against the Trainer.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Yeah, like I suspected it won't be either Lucien or any Elite 4 members for that matter, unlike many of you that have jumped the gun about him

Thriller

Its almost time
Based on the hair type, as well as his attire, this guy seems to be Soviet themed.

Yes that's right guys. The writers and producers are going to let a communist/Soviet guy beat Ash.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I've got a prediction on his battle with Ash (as long as Ash doesn't lose to Paul, the three-parter makes that suspicious).

Ash's Pokemon will probably beat Darkrai but lose to the guy.

After all, the Darkrai can't be his only Pokemon. I wonder if the rest of his Pokemon are Legendary as well, we'll see.

Sweeping all six Ash's Pokemon with one Darkrai? That's really too cheap, even for the Pokemon anime. Well, I think that the idea of a Legendary-wielding Trainer was cheap, to begin with. But not THAT cheap.

Pokemon can be cheap if they want toXD
But you have to understand, Ash Pokemon will be too tired after this battle.
They can use that as an excuse why Ash will be beaten.
Maybe, have Ash use BayLeef and one of the other older Pokemon in this league to whipe out one of his Pokemon. Than one of his newer Pokemon, who is tired gets crushed cuz of it being tired from its last battle???
I at least, want Ash to take out two of his Pokemon maybe???
Than it won't be such an easy pawn.
Just predictions though....I'd be shocked if Ash wins, each region Ash looses before traveling to another region, it always gives Ash the idea to travel more and win.

Lunanight

Only 1 of his Poke is known Darkrai...

in the opening, ash is fighting an entei and lucario so it is possible that they also belong to the LT.

plus, the heatran may be his as the trainer was not shown.

possible team: darkrai, entei, lucario, heatran

gliscor&yanmega

in the opening, ash is fighting an entei and lucario so it is possible that they also belong to the LT.

possible team: darkrai, entei, lucario, heatran

I really doubt he has three legendary Pokemon. Just because it was in the opening doesn't mean anything.

The Heatran was surrounded by a bunch of trainers, none of which looked like the guy. I doubt anyone would just leave their Pokemon lying around especially a legendary one.

Anything is possible, but I really doubt that team will happen, really hope it wont either.

gliscor&yanmega

It's gotta be Paul's dad. It looks so much like him and it showed he and Paul right after each other at the end of the episode.

Again, if you're joking then alright(it's not funny but alright).

If you're not joking then, well you'll just have to wait and see how you're wrong about it. The guy looks way too young, there is no real resemblance between the two, and showing them one after the other doesn't mean anything they are just looking to see their next match.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It's gotta be Paul's dad. It looks so much like him and it showed he and Paul right after each other at the end of the episode.

Highly doubt it

Well this guy definitely looks too sinister for his own good

Watch Ash is just going to beat a trainer that is all about power and getting stronger by whatever means....and then loose to one right after it

Hopefully there will be a good storyline to this one

Well i'll give it this much it's a change to the main character being beaten in their Grand Stage by a soft really experienced trainer as opposed to this antagonistical defeat Ash is going to receive

Silver_Seoul

Why can't the guy be his own person?! Why can't he have his own Pokemon?! Seriously !!!

I mean, really?! Karen or Lucian? Paul's Dad? Gary ?! Heck, even his Darkrai is getting accused of being a Zoroark. Why can't it JUST. BE. DARKRAI. I mean really, might as well make this entire region an illusion created by Zoroark just to please some of you.

inferap

charizard has already battled and defeated a legendary pokemon. maybe now he can beat 2, and the rest of ash's team could beat the rest of the team. who says ash will lose to the LT. it coul always be someone else

Klade

Why can't the guy be his own person?! Why can't he have his own Pokemon?! Seriously !!!

I mean, really?! Karen or Lucian? Paul's Dad? Gary ?! Heck, even his Darkrai is getting accused of being a Zoroark. Why can't it JUST. BE. DARKRAI. I mean really, might as well make this entire region an illusion created by Zoroark just to please some of you.

Those assumptions are crazy. It's obviously John McCain...

Sparklingwater

Where do you come from that he is the Isshu champ and that he is stronger than Cynthia? Plus I never said darkrai was evil, I said his type is know as the evil type in Japan.

Lolz. No need to be defensive. I wasn't talking about your post. I'm talking about everyone's comment in general in this thread and in other threads.

Darkxninga

Dang XD Thats true. I'd hate to see zoroark in dp.... But seriously where did that "Zoroark is darkrai" even come from >_> in the first place? Why can't we have a "Zoroark-free" label on this?
Erhm: Back to topic:
The LT looks alittle in his early 20's so I dont think hes anyones dad or related anything but just a new dude. It would be shocking (highly doubt though) if true, however i do see where people are getting that from. -->The hair color and face expression is all but thats it...How in the world gary popped in the list as someones guess is beyond me xD.

GalladeX

Those assumptions are crazy. It's obviously John McCain...

Objection!
It is totally Adam Gontier.
Totally.

Sarcasm aside, he does seem rather menacing. Jun certainly got freaked out when he saw him.
His name is...Takuto, right? I think Kouhei/Conway called him that. He seems rather strong.
Good luck, Satoshi >.<

No it doesn't.
It belonged to some random kid. Crazy, I know, but that's what I saw :/

Going by that logic, Shinji is Jun's dad, seeing as how he was shown after him. >.<

Based on the hair type, as well as his attire, this guy seems to be Soviet themed.

Yes that's right guys. The writers and producers are going to let a communist/Soviet guy beat Ash.

IN SOVIET SINNOH...

Yugure Mukuhawk

Dusk Staraptor
Bulbapedia reveald the LT name is Takuto. I hoped it will be Ash's dad XD. It's probably a Zorua/Zoroark. what else? they already showed them in the 13 Movie, and they probably want to save the other new pokemon to BW. If it is one of the Zoros, and it is, it shows, once again, like with Ditto , that the Anime doesn't follows the games rules, unless Takuto got a Darkrai in his team. Anyway, Ash will defeat Paul, and will fight Takuto, and he will be defeated in the Semi finals/ final.

Now when I think about it, Takuto's face kinda reminds me the face of the guy with the cowboy hat and brown cape in Bidaman XD XD XD

Yugure Mukuhawk

Dusk Staraptor
Bulbapedia reveald the LT name is Takuto. I hoped it will be Ash's dad XD. It's probably a Zorua/Zoroark. what else? they already showed them in the 13 Movie, and they probably want to save the other new pokemon to BW. If it is one of the Zoros, and it is, it shows, once again, like with Ditto , that the Anime doesn't follows the games rules, unless Takuto got a Darkrai in his team. Anyway, Ash will defeat Paul, and will fight Takuto, and he will be defeated in the Semi finals/ final.

Now when I think about it, Takuto's face kinda reminds me the face of the guy with the cowboy hat and brown cape in Bidaman XD XD XD