• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary Trainer's Face Revealed

cauldronmaster

Ok, well if the guy's name is Takuto from that Conway line, we can also take into account that he beat every single gym by using only Darkrai and no other pokemon (also from that Conway line).

Which means the LT and Barry share the same weakness: One overpowered pokemon and a team of out-of-shape misfits.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
in the opening, ash is fighting an entei and lucario so it is possible that they also belong to the LT.

plus, the heatran may be his as the trainer was not shown.

possible team: darkrai, entei, lucario, heatran

In the opening we also see Ash is chasing Ho-oh, and Ash, Brock, and Dawn are looking up at the sky as Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos are flying by. Does that mean Ash will catch that Ho-oh and the 3 legendary birds will be shown in the anime? Not necessarily. The intro has little to do with the anime itself.

By the way, I don't see any Lucario in the intro

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
By the way, I don't see any Lucario in the intro

You would if you see the Japanese opening of Greatest Everyday(original version OR band version)....

The lucario appears to launch an aura sphere at pika...

Ray the Ruler

Ok, well if the guy's name is Takuto from that Conway line, we can also take into account that he beat every single gym by using only Darkrai and no other pokemon (also from that Conway line).

Which means the LT and Barry share the same weakness: One overpowered pokemon and a team of out-of-shape misfits.

Yeah, my biggest concern is what the heck does this guy have besides Darkrai. If its the only pokemon he uses, then wouldn't it get tired with three 6 on 6 battles in a row? Not to mention the first three 3 on 3 matches. I'd bet he's a push-over once you get Darkrai out and Heracross is the perfect pokemon to take Darkrai on. If Ash uses a couple other powerhouses(I'd suggest Charizard but at this point I kinda doubt it), then maybe he can take out Darkrai and have a field day with the rest of his pokemon.

Then again, how do you catch a Darkrai with nothing but weak pokemon? There's probably a story behind that and we'll have to wait and see if the writers decide to give this guy a back-story. I'd assume he has a couple others besides Darkrai, maybe he's so strong that he just caught Darkrai and so he used the Sinnoh league as a training regiment. Either way they gotta make an episode out of it, so maybe Darkrai will beat all of Ash's team or maybe it'll take 5 pokemon to end Darkrai and then he'll just throw out a random pokemon to finish off Ash's last one. He's a character with a lot of flexibility so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

GalladeX

in the opening, ash is fighting an entei and lucario so it is possible that they also belong to the LT.

plus, the heatran may be his as the trainer was not shown.

possible team: darkrai, entei, lucario, heatran

Guys, guys, GUYS.
Heatran does not belong to Tatuko!
Here, go to 3:24, and you can clearly see Heatran belongs to a boy with a backpack and beige shirt, AKA, not Tatuko! Jeez.

Or he simply uses Darkrai on a whim, and all of his other 'mons are super-special awesome strong and are gonna totally trash everything.

You're both wrong! It's Chuck Norris in disguise. Wait, that's what they want us to think... XD

xD Sure, sure.

I can't quite place my finger on it, but Takuto looks familiar...
Same eyes as Shigeru, similar hair as Lucian/Goyou.

Stryke

How does everyone know that he has a darkrai?

TrainerOfLegend

The guy's face looks like an exact replica of Paul's.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'm calling it.
It's Paul's Dad

I back this. He looks almost exactly like Paul, just older and with long hair. He has the exact same eyes and hair color as Paul.

I have a feeling that this was intended from the start, to have Ash win Paul's respect finally by defeating him and then standing up to his father in a battle.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If it were Paul's father, they would have made the connection in the first league ep.

Paul and this guy have had no interaction. They don't do that with family members.

Teshub

Banned
He could be BW's N in disguise. Dawn's father/relative (he has blue hair). Some other BW character.

However, the most likely is that he is some COTD like Harrison but evil and wants to harm Cynthia, who looked pretty benign the whole of DP 185.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
There's no disguise. Whoever this is just has a really bad hairdresser.

If it were Paul's father, they would have made the connection in the first league ep.

Paul and this guy have had no interaction. They don't do that with family members.

Nobody has interacted with Takuto yet, and you're leaving out one detail - if he is Paul's father and was a negative influence on him, Paul probably wouldn't talk to him.

Failing that, they could be saving the "oh my god it's Paul's dad" thing for a surprise twist when Ash finally faces him. This guy has to be someone notable, with the lengths they went to to conceal his identity until now.

Also, Paul is the only rival who hasn't even commented on him, which is highly suspicious to me. Barry (coincidentally, Paul's fanboy) saw Takuto up close, was horrified by him and then rushed off to tell his friends, while Conway knew about Takuto's accomplishments. Paul must know about him, so for Paul to know about such a powerful trainer yet not even drop a line like "I want to defeat you so I can fight Takuto," makes it seem like they are avoiding drawing a connection between the two for now.

Besides, Gliscor came back. All bets are off now, anything could happen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I prefer Ash to beat this trainer, mainly because if Ash loses it feels like no lesson is learned.

Not only is Darkrai in the league a cheap way for Ash to lose, but Ash and this guy have never even spoke to each other.

Ash was friends with Richie/Harrisson/Tyson, this guy actually gives off a sinister vibe, so Ash losing would make it feel odd.

Even though I think Ash will lose anyway, unfortunately.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!

Anything can happen in this league, and anything WILL happen in this league. A legendary pokemon appearing kind of makes that obvious.
Takuto is really creepy looking, it suits his choice of legendary pokemon.

Silver_Seoul

Nobody has interacted with Takuto yet, and you're leaving out one detail - if he is Paul's father and was a negative influence on him, Paul probably wouldn't talk to him.

Failing that, they could be saving the "oh my god it's Paul's dad" thing for a surprise twist when Ash finally faces him. This guy has to be someone notable, with the lengths they went to to conceal his identity until now.

Also, Paul is the only rival who hasn't even commented on him, which is highly suspicious to me. Barry (coincidentally, Paul's fanboy) saw Takuto up close, was horrified by him and then rushed off to tell his friends, while Conway knew about Takuto's accomplishments. Paul must know about him, so for Paul to know about such a powerful trainer yet not even drop a line like "I want to defeat you so I can fight Takuto," makes it seem like they are avoiding drawing a connection between the two for now.

Oh, your explanation totally makes sense. It could also be used to prove Geovanni is Ash's dad, because, you know, Ash is the only character not to have interacted with him. Also, I bet it turns out that Takuto, Paul and Reggie's father, is actually Gary in disguise, hoping to show Ash the mighty powers of his Zoroark, under the illusion of a Darkrai.

Yep, that's definitely what's going on here.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!

Yes. I like your theory more than my own Zoroark theory. Maybe its both. Who knows? Black and white could have Paul's(an anime exclusive character that has nothing to do with the games) father an Isshu champion or something....

Enough speculation, but yes, what you said makes sense.

Oh, your explanation totally makes sense. It could also be used to prove Geovanni is Ash's dad, because, you know, Ash is the only character not to have interacted with him. Also, I bet it turns out that Takuto, Paul and Reggie's father, is actually Gary in disguise, hoping to show Ash the mighty powers of his Zoroark, under the illusion of a Darkrai.

Yep, that's definitely what's going on here.

Actually Ash knows about Giovanni, thats he's the team rocket boss and even got a glimpse of him in the Botch(lol) and Cassidy debut(or second appearance) episode back in Kanto.

Silver_Seoul

Actually Ash knows about Giovanni, thats he's the team rocket boss and even got a glimpse of him in the Botch(lol) and Cassidy debut(or second appearance) episode back in Kanto.

Yeah, my point was, just because Paul hasn't mentioned Takuto while -two- other rivals have, two out of four, mind you, that doesn't mean Takuto will end up being his father. I mean, really. Brandon would be his father before this clown. It's really just irking me that ever since he's been revealed he's been speculated to be someone other than his own self. First he just -HAD- to be Karen or Lucian, despite them being, you know, elite four members. Next comes his Darkrai absolutely being a Zoroark, because, you know, Isshu foreshadow ftw. Now, his face is revealed, and the whole "Gary" in disguise thing... and now, Paul's dad? Really? Is it just that hard to accept Takuto is... his own person? He's no more Paul's father than Ritchie is Tracey's.

gliscor&yanmega

I back this. He looks almost exactly like Paul, just older and with long hair. He has the exact same eyes and hair color as Paul.

I have a feeling that this was intended from the start, to have Ash win Paul's respect finally by defeating him and then standing up to his father in a battle.

If the guy is Paul's father he would have to be around 30 seeing as how Paul is at less 10-13. I'm pretty sure the writers wouldn't have a 20 year old father to a 10 year old son. 20 is as old as I can see the guy being(Although I see him more around Conway's age which I see as a little bit older then Brock, so basically the guy looks 16).

He for sure doesn't look 30.

Plus they look nothing alike, and even if they did there is the case were a bunch of people thought Brandon was Paul and Reggie's father and that wasn't true.

They have no connections at all.